Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
I am preparing to run a game in the Dark Sun setting and have come up with a couple custom moves for common situations. Any critique would be appreciated.

Disguise the Arcane
Agents of the Sorcerer-Kings tolerate no arcane magic besides that granted by their master. The common people of Athas fear and hate the trademark of their oppressors and the ruiner of the land.

When you cast arcane magic and attempt to disguise the source of your power, roll +CHA. On a 10+ everyone present who does not already know your true nature is fooled. They think you are using The Way or elemental magic. On a 7-9 onlookers are mostly fooled but choose one:
*Someone recognizes your power and reports you to a Templar, a local authority, or the Veiled Alliance.
*A witness becomes angry or violent about your spellcasting.
*You are forced to reduce the power or scope of your spell.

Psionic Combat
In Dark Sun when a psion makes a mental attack it is manifested as a battle in a mutable mental landscape. The combatants change their form and the environment around them as they attempt to defeat their foe.

When you have been mentally assaulted with The Way describe your counterattack and roll +WIS. On a 10+ choose one or choose two but open yourself up to an enemy attack. On a 7-9 choose one and you expose yourself to an enemy attack.

*Your opponent's physical form reacts as though it is suffering your mental attack.
*The force of your attack stuns your opponent for a moment.
*Your opponent is distracted briefly, allowing you to act for a short time in the physical world.
*You break away from the mental combat. The backlash stuns you for a moment.
*If you are a psion, deal your damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Overemotional Robot's post reminded me: A long time ago I made a bunch of custom playbooks inspired by the Sigil factions for a Planescape DW game. My group and I played several sessions with them and made some refinements. I had intended to polish them further and release them online but then became distracted by other projects.

Here's a link to all of them, hope you enjoy!

If I recall correctly this covers every faction except the Indeps and Anarchists. It was my intent to use Compendium Classes for those.