Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hey y'all, I got bored and made a Vampire Hunter class. I haven't decided if I'm gonna just release it for free or sell it for an entire Canadian dollar online, but either way I'd like some goon feedback on it, preferably from people with a lot of play experience who can tell me where I hosed up. Lemme know if you have the time and I'll PM you the PDF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

This probably gets asked a lot, but how does one replenish ammo once it's marked off? I know the number's just an abstraction of how many times you can mark off, but when it's all gone, what do you do? Is it something to purchase? If so, what does it cost?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Shanty posted:

e: I don't know how to deal with ranged weapons that don't have the ammo tag, like throwing daggers.

I've seen splatbooks just add the ammo tag to throwing daggers, so I guess you're not the only one who's confused.

I also am not quite sure why elven arrows are 20 times the price of a regular bundle if all they've got going is one more ammo point to mark off.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Shanty posted:

Fictional positioning? I.e. ask your players, I guess. Maybe they burn orcs like elven rope burns Gollum. Maybe it's impossible to hit an ally with them. Maybe they're made of the bones of dwarves. Maybe they sing (really short) secrets as they fly.
If DW was a little more generic, they'd probably just be called "Magic arrows [specify enchantment]".

I really need to get into the descriptive storytelling mindset more.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It so happens that I have something in my splatbook that's salient to this discussion.

new item tags posted:

Returns: It returns to the user after being thrown with Volley. This takes a moment, leaving the wielder disarmed in the interim. On a 7-9, instead of reducing ammo, you may choose the following option.

•You miscalculated your throw, and your weapon lands somewhere awkward.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

E: NVM, am a dumbass.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 3, 2019

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I made a playbook, maybe some of y'all wanna check it out idk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Golden Bee posted:

A 13-page Dungeon World playbook?

Is that too many?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

NinjaDebugger posted:

One page, front and back, MAYBE two if it's got something like a spell list because dungeon world.

Assuming standard business paper size.

:( I just wanted to put effort into my product.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Only 2 pages of the playbook are the class itself, and it's in character sheet format. The rest is copyright information, items, the compendium class, flavor, artwork, and some GMing advice relating to some of the class's mechanics.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 5, 2019

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wrestlepig posted:

The vampire hunter is neat. it's in line with the core classes in a lot of ways, but has a good mix of flavor and keeps a solid niche. A few of the moves are '+1 to Basic move If' but generally they all work well with the established stuff. I also like seeing interaction with a lot of the mechanics that don't get played with by a lot of playbooks, like getting free carousing after hunts or better trained hirelings.

Thanks for your purchase, and I'm glad you like it. I also forgot to thank fellow goon Glazius for giving me feedback on the class last year, which really helped me refine the final design.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

In honor of the spookiest month, I've released a pay-what-you-want stripped down standalone class book for the Vampire Hunter that you can purchase here. This version only has the class itself, with no additional features. You too can join the 30 people who have purchased it for 0 dollars and 0 cents so far.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Infinite Oregano posted:

That looks neat! What features does the less stripped down version have?

It features the Dhampyr compendium class, GMing advice on how to incorporate the vampire hunter class in your campaign, unique vampire and vampire hunter-themed equipment and magic items (complete with new keywords), drives and backgrounds as alternatives for race and alignment, basic vampire hunter lore, and unique art by Ian Johnston, who also drew the cover.

The playbook launched at 4.25 but the price has since been lowered to 3 dollars, which is a discount of over 25%!!! You can get it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So did we ever talk about this whole thing?