Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

At first I thought these were way too drat short, but then I saw Joseph with the tommy gun.
I can't wait to hit every single Joestar with Dio's knife barrage. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

David Productions has officially won manga adaptations. That is perfect.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

He fights Empress and Dio.

He fights Bast(?) with Avdol too, doesn't he? I think his whippy ripple style is different enough from young Joseph's, but I wouldn't complain if he was just a skin I suppose.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Where are the screenshots coming from? Do we have a date? Oh my god it looks good, I can't wait! What are the chances of it airing before/around the same time as All Star Battle?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

El Belmondo posted:

Final episode. After Joseph's funeral and then epilogues for the characters, it ends on this scene.
Oh yeah, it's Friday isn't it? Oh that is absolutely evil! I don't want to wait a whole season for more JoJos. :( Or longer, God forbid.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

45 total.

So far it's accurate, though I don't think Otoishi was a hard guess.
I'm not entirely opposed, but man that is a lot of Part 5. I guess it's the only part other than 3 with a big cast of mains with good battle stands, and it's popular in Japan, so it does make sense too. I hope we get more Villains later though!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Hahaha! The White Snake page legitimately cracked me up, that is a great gag.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm of the opinion that the vampire powers, ice and stinger eyes, if kept exclusive to Part 1 Dio while Part 3 Dio focuses on the World and the iconic stuff he did in that series that would be an effective way to have both characters as separate without it feeling as much like a wasted slot.

Regardless, Part 1 Dio is probably in as much just to cash in on the anime's success and draw in the fans who loved the show and DIO especially, but might not have read the manga yet. That's justification enough for me if it helps the game sell better, even if I wasn't of the opinion that it's a good idea for gameplay too.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Would it be too much to ask for if I wanted Dire's head to be a stage obstacle in Dio's Castle, spitting roses at any vampire characters? Maybe it can be a stage specific win for Jonathan.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

100 days till Jojo ASB comes out!

What a dream job it must be to be a part of that creative team.

Also, the new JoJolion is just more evidence I really need to read SBR. I've read all of Part 1-6, but only the first quarter or so of SBR before my schedule changed and I wasn't able to read as much manga. Haven't gone back to it yet, but it's definitely time to.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Volare Via! Arrivederci!

Every character that has a special finishing line needs to be in ASB so I can spam them gleefully.

That's seriously some awesome news though. I guess Part 6 and Part 7 will have a few characters each coming up next? Since 4 got Koichi and Akira last time and now 5 got a new bunch.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

And Dio's time stop is not Guaranteed damage?

Actually Rohan and Cars were last time, Koichi and Akira were before that.
Ah! Good point, I'd completely forgotten about that.

In that case, a more pressing question is raised. That's three sets of revealed characters, at least. We got Caesar too right? So the most important thing is, when is the next PV?! I can't wait to see even a second or two of these guys in action.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Tobaccrow posted:

Word on the street is that the new ASB trailer is going to be 10 minutes long. :woop:

This just made the nine day wait go from painful to unendurable. Gah. But this is out in August, right? And PS3s aren't region-locked? I can hold out that long.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

A magazine ad for Jojo All Star Battle confirms the presence of an online mode and indicates that there are "more than 30 characters" in the game (right now we know 29 characters).
I can live with at least two more characters, though I hope for more. Does Kira count towards the total, being DLC?

I'm hoping for at least a couple more from Parts 6 and 7. Everything else I feel is well enough represented, even if some favorites didn't make it in. I'd also like another Part 8, but I don't think anyone's been introduced with a stand non-specific enough to work. Maybe Jousuke's sister?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

There's more UUUUOHHHH in that video than in JoJo's itself.

That said I cannot goddamn wait. This game could be absolutely terrible and it'll still be my game of the year. So hyped. I hope we get another PV like this once 6 and 7 have some more characters to fill out the roster.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Those are dangerously saggy pants.

I like his pink watch and monogrammed vest button. Imagine the look on the post apocalyptic tailor's face.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

So I was thinking about possible VAs the other day, and the one that stuck out in my mind is casting Nobuyuki Hiyama as Diego. It just feels right. Wanna hear Link summon The World.
As much as I like Nobuyuki Hiyama in anything and everything, they'd almost certainly get Koyasu Takehito to voice him for parallels to part 1 and such, provided we see Diego in this game/the sequel or a Part 7 anime in any reasonable amount of time.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

But see, I think that Diego is a different enough character to justify a different voice. That's just me, though.

E: I mean, Johnny and Jonathan don't share the same voice, and they're a parallel.
Ah, see I didn't consider the fact that the Jonathan and Johnny parallel was already accounted for in the game. In that case I'm thoroughly on board the Nobuyuki-Diego Dinosaur Train.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I was looking over some rumored character lists since Pucci and Dio were announced, and while most of them have way too many Part 5 characters for me to (want to) believe them, I do hope F.F. and especially Lisa Lisa make it in. While F.F. has a good chance of making it in being a main character in Stone Ocean, it's more possible that Lisa Lisa may be left out and that would be a real shame considering how cool she was and how few female characters they have to choose from.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Flython posted:

Seconding the call for F.F. and Lisa Lisa but I also hope Trish and Spice Girl make it in. Still annoys how little they got to do during part 5.

Oh man, I'd nearly forgotten about her. Spice Girl would be pretty rad. She could shoot the ground and lay some forced jump traps or something.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Not just Street Fighter, Benimaru from the SNK series was based on Polnareff. I'm fine with the homages though, as trucutru said it just means they're JoJo fans and that's awesome.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I've only read a few pages of Axe Cop ages ago, but I'll definitely be following the show if there's JoJo fans behind it. :D I had no idea it was going to be on Fox!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Tobaccrow posted:

So story mode is only the Jojo's of parts 1-7. I was wondering how they were going to handle a Jojolion story. The answer is they won't. :v:
I'm still holding out hope for Going Underground- sorry, Born This Way just for the sake of a second fighting-capable JoJolion character, even if her power would be difficult to work while following the rules, but I guess Kira + Stray Cat is close enough to work.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This is probably old news, but I was thinking about the ASB Roster today and noticed something. Excluding Part 1 which lacks a big cast, we have this:

Part 2: Joseph, Caesar, ACDC, Wham, Cars
Part 3: Jotaro, Kakyoin, Polnareff, Hol Horse, Dio
Part 4: Josuke, Okuyasu, Koichi, Akira, Kira
Part 5: Giorno, Bruno, Mista, Narancia, Diavolo

Five characters for each part. 1, 6, and 7 have three each, so far. Do you think we can expect 6 and 7 to get two more each to even it out, or do you think we've seen them all now? I'm not sure if news has hinted at any more coming yet, and we're getting close to the release date now.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

Um you forgot Rohan and Avdol.

Thank you, I knew there was a flaw in my system, and I had a sneaking suspicion it was my god awful memory. Well there goes that. I'm still holding out hope for Annasui, FF, and Weather Report, as well as Diego if possible. They're driving up the hype machine for the game, but every game's gotta have some hidden characters, right? :ohdear:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

mikeycp posted:

I'm in the middle of SBR right now, and I'm enjoying it a LOT.

Though so far Part 4 is still my favorite.

I'm reading through SBR as well! I read halfway through it years ago but stopped for so long that I forgot, so I decided to restart. After finishing up Scary Monsters, I really like Diego as a character. He makes bad puns, which is amazing for a Dio reincarnation.

Also, that new character reveal... It can't be real, can it? Why him over everyone else? Not that I dislike the character but dang.

Edit: Oh, there's a scan. Impressive, but still. I'm sure Part 1 Dio was included to capitalize on the anime so I can accept him, even if I didn't already like the difference in fight style.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 15, 2013

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I just hit Ringo Roadagain in SBR and oh my god, what a glorious soul patch and great character design in general.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Born This Way is basically the only possible fighter they could have included but yeah, I didn't think about the time and development aspect. Maybe the Gingko Tree can be DLC. Not as a stage, I want to play as the tree.

I'm just disappointed in the lack of 6 and 7 character rep, as well as lack of female characters outside of 6. This only gets worse the farther I get into SBR. But I still put a preorder down on it and will end up getting all the DLC, so hopefully this will fix itself in time.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

LightningKimba posted:

No joke, I'd love to see Trish be DLC in the game. I was really hoping on either FF or Annasui getting in, since while Weather Report is a stage hazard, the other two were significant enough characters to the main cast that I figured they'd be a shoe-in to get in the game.
I wasn't aware of Weather Report being a stage hazard, that's a little better I guess, but either way leaving FF and Annasui out feels like such an oversight considering they were as much a part of the core group as Hermes, I felt.

HitTheTargets posted:

Yeah, you gotta work with what you've got. The only lady heroes prior to Stone Ocean would be Lisa Lisa, Koichi's stalker, and Trish. The only lady villains I can think of are minor enemies from Stardust Crusaders.
This is true. Lisa Lisa and Trish were the two I really wanted, other than FF and Hot Pants. Bast and Mariah made it into the Stardust Crusaders fighting game, but I can do without them since minor villains seem more like DLC material while the core game should just be a celebration of all of the different JoJo parts and their core characters. Which makes it still more a shame that 6 has such a minor showing as it stands. 7 I can almost understand them only having Gyro and Johnny other than the villain, as so far they've been the only real main characters and the story seems centered around them, but having Diego and Hot Pants to fill out the roster would have been nice.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That's the video that took four months to make and recreates scenes from the manga? I mean, it was cool, but I was expecting a lot more to be honest.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm up to SBR: D4C Part 3 and oh my god I'm so confused. But god drat it's so good.

Also, a question regarding President Valentine: He first showed up as a short chubby president, and now he's all tall and ripped and proper JoJo Sexy. I noticed he had some copies around him in the beginning and I'm vaguely aware of his Power, but I have to know, is his appearance change a result of his Stand, the Corpse, or just Araki revising his design? If its a spoiler to answer, feel free to tell me to just keep reading.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Whew! With just a couple days to go before the release of ASB I've managed to finish up Steel Ball Run. I wish I'd done so sooner, but at the same time I cannot possibly imagine waiting a month between chapters. It was nonstop tension there towards the end. Such a drat good series, and it's nice to fully understand what's going on in the ASB trailers now with the SBR characters. Some thoughts on the end:

I knew a few significant points going in, such as Gyro's death and Diego's return with the World, but I had no idea how they happened or how the series really ended so I was constantly being blindsided. My knowing Gyro's fate made every page of his final battle intense as I never knew how it was going to go down. Shame to see such a great guy go. Diego turned out to be as much of a surprise as I spent the ninth stage waiting to see how Johnny would make his come back, only for him to lose and for Lucy to show up with a method of winning I'd never thought of. It was all so well done.

One thing that really impressed me by the end was the structure of the race itself. When I read the first two stages, I thought it was completely unbalanced and that anyone getting first would have an impossible lead over the rest. It actually got really close towards the end though, even if the deaths were constantly rearranging the board. For some reason I thought Higashikata came in first, probably misremembering JoJoLion, which made Pocoloco's win kind of a surprise and disappointment as I spent the whole series waiting to see how his luck would finally fail him. I guess in the end there was no need, and he seems like a nice guy anyway.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Geez, if they keep up these DLC announcements I'm going to have to basically buy half of another new game once I get the dang thing.

It's cool to have more characters but to announce so many as additional before release seems a bit much. I guess I'm out of touch with new gaming practices.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Here's the trailer for the new DLC characters! Looks pretty awesome. Nice to hear you in the game, Usopp.

PV 7

EDIT: Iggy talks? Inner monologues I guess. I like that you can choose his ugly first introduction design though! Also THIS IS BAOH. I just finished SBR, now I have to read/watch Baoh too!

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Aug 28, 2013

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

onepixeljumpman posted:

Iggy is voiced by Shigeru Chiba, which I'm for because Iggy sounding like an annoyed old man is perfect, and Fugo is voiced by Hisao Egawa.

Also, I like that Iggy gets to turn The Fool into Shadow Dio from the Part 3 game. I hope that becomes a trend.

Shigeru Chiba?! As in Buggy the Clown and the Gaburevolver? That's awesome! I hope he gets a few screamy lines in addition to his ornery grumping.

As for Shadow Dio, it could be a reference to the game but I think both the old game and this are both drawing from the same images of Dio that we'd seen in the manga prior to Dio's official reveal. Iggy copied that design in the manga as they hadn't shown off what Dio really looked like, right?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

onepixeljumpman posted:

If I looked at it right, that date at the end says, "All DLC Characters Half Price until September 25th." Diego will be announced on the 26th.
Does that mean half price as in 300 yen instead of the shown 600 yen, or is the 600 yen price already half off and they're normally 1200 yen? Because the latter would be absurd.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

onepixeljumpman posted:

Someone made a Nico video of every Josuke hair insult. There's also a demo for his super hair insulted mode at the very end.

Alongside that, someone made a Nico video of every "Your next words are" pulled on the cast by Joseph. I'm not solid enough with Japanese to tell you what most of them are. I am solid enough to tell you that Joseph pulling a WRRRYYYY on Dio is kind of awesome.
I've never been able to figure out Nico, though I'm sure there's tutorials out there, but I am inhumanly excited about the spoilered bit. This game can't get to me fast enough. Also holy poo poo, the Japanese are fast.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

A question brought up by the Joseph taunt video: Is there a reason or meaning behind Valentine's "Dojyaaaan~"s? I never really thought about it during the chapters. Now I can only imagine them as a kind of 'Tada~!' that he feels compelled to do every time he uses his powers because he's so imprrssed by himself.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Sex_Ferguson posted:

"Dojyan" is actually a sound effect that's supposed to be the equivalent to "Tada". I believe I remember that they didn't change that in the translation because it sounded catchphrasey, which it kind is. I just imagine that Valentine does it in the most deadpan way possible to emphasize how used he is to using D4C that it's hardly a trick anymore.
Hah! That's awesome, I really liked the way he said it so I imagined that's what it was, but I wanted to be sure. He's such an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Check this out. It's an incredibly cool Gyro Zeppeli shirt someone posted on Tumblr. I don't particularly want to spent 22 dollars on a shirt, but god drat am I tempted.

• Locked thread