Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Tobaccrow posted:

Aside from Rohan, The ASB scans corroborate more "out there" things from the leaked roster: Specifically, Series 1 Dio. In "story mode", the last boss will be the main villain from your selected character's part. Dunno what they'll do with Jo2uke though.

If we really do get the main antagonist from every part, this will be the fighting game with the largest amount of broken characters in the roster. That would make this the perfect successor to the game with the most broken character ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

quote:

This taunt comes out when Rohan taunts in response to the opponent’s taunt. His Heart Heat Gauge recovers back the amount lost due to the taunt.

Rohan has a counter taunt? I'm glad to see that the game is true to the manga in that posing and taunting is just as important as the action.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I actually liked the title, had a nice duwang ring to it which was appropriate to part IV.

I guess the ASB devs tweeted that they are coming to America, presumably for E3. I can't imagine they are going to announce an American version of the game. If they do, I'm really going to regret preordering an overpriced import copy.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Thing is, part I Dio is only necessary to give Jonathon a proper villain and Diego is pretty much an entirely different character. I don't think Kawajiri is going to be anything more than an alt costume for Kira. Not that I'm against having an extra Kira with a moveset including involving Stray Cat, I just don't think its likely.

That being said, I'm going to be very disappointed if Diego isn't in the game. We already know Valentine is probably going to be in the game because of the part VII level, but Diego is a much more exciting character for a fighting game.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Why does Jonathan need a proper villain in this game? For his part of the story mode? Make a drat what-if scenario where Jonathan fights Part 3 Dio, there done. I've given Jonathan his proper villain and spared wasting time and development on Part 1 Dio and his boring powers. Also, I am not at all disbelieving CC2 making a second Kira, because they are a stupid set of developers who have hosed up priorities on their cast under the reasoning of "We're remaining true to the series" and they could use a second Kira that has the more crazy and memorable stuff Kira had to justify making his David Bowie look DLC and still give Josuke a villain.

Again, this is all just speculation based on there not being Stray Cat or Bites the Dust in Kira's moveset, but I still do not doubt they will make a second Kira.

I will accept no less than fives Dios :colbert:. We need Dio Brando, DIO, Diego with Scary Monsters, Diego with The World, and Johnny/Jesus DIO from Jojolion.

Hell while we're at it, how about Dio's head in a jar carried by Wang Chung, premask rear end in a top hat Dio with boxing moves and dog kicking, Diego with no stand, and throw in shadow Dio for shits and giggles.

E: punctuation

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 10, 2013

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

If thats what Araki's Kenshiro would look like, what the hell would the more fabulous characters like Juda be like?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The new Jojolion chapter is out, here's somebody's rough translation

:catstare:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I like how Johnny apparently got the dreaded rock on head disease.

If George never died, maybe there will be an alt-universe Jotaro

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I think Johnny used Tusk to somehow direct to corpse's power onto him to ensure there wasn't anymore monkey paw business with who received the disease. Then he did something to crush his own head with the rock to seal the deal and prevent somebody like his wife or Lucy from trying to use the corpse to save him, although they seem to be implying that Lucy is smart enough to not abuse to power of the corpse.

As for where the corpse is now, it's either still in Morioh and Lucy took a fake corpse back unknowingly or if it really is back in America, then possibly Soft and Wet was used to steal something away from the corpse. I'm pretty convinced that Soft and Wet can steal a lot more than Gappy realizes and his amnesia is preventing him from knowing the true extent of it's powers.

My prediction for the guy in the tree is it's Joushuu's father's stand.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Also, is there any place I can buy the limited edition that isn't sold out? I can't believe this thing is still selling out and we're two months away from the game's release, I WANT MY JOTARO FIGURE DAMMIT.

Considering the popularity of Jojo in Japan and the stuff you get with it, I would not be surprised if it was one of the fastest selling collectors editions in Japan.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 20, 2013

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

Lisa Lisa should just be as blatantly like Rose from Street Fighter as possible.

As long as Stroheim can do flash kicks and throw sonic booms. Actually Guile isn't nearly as bad a ripoff as Rose or Gill, and Capcom is still stealing Araki's designs for new Street Fighter characters (Juri).

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

darealkooky posted:

Dio Brando is a better choice then Diego, both storywise and moveset wise and CC2 agrees.

Deal with it :colbert:

There's no reason why we couldn't have three Dios, I mean there are two Kiras for gently caress's sake. If they make a sequel, which isn't unlikely looking at how many Naruto games they've made, I'm sure Diego will be included.

Here's the only scan on the internet.

I don't understand why somebody felt the need to photoshop the face. Also this is definitely a real scan, none of it looks fake.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The thing that always bugged me about SBR was if Valentine wasnt originally designed to be the main villain, who did Araki have in mind? SBR feels like much of it was planned out from the get go especially with the sandman/soundman reveal and the setup for Jojolion, but did he really not plan for Valentine to be the big bad? He even stated after the fact that the setting was the result of wanting to have a fighting president.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Were did you hear this from?

Pretty sure it was this very thread. I don't know if it's an unconfirmed rumor or what but supposedly the idea for SBR started with Araki wanting to have a fighting president.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Crossposting from the Dynasty Warriors thread

Policenaut posted:

So... JoJo Musou might be A Thing. Tecmo Koei just tweeted this tease about something happening next week, then said sorry we've just been really tense about it!

┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨

I really don't see how they could do that since Jojo doesn't exactly have many mooks, but I would still buy the hell out of it.

Tobaccrow posted:

The name of Joshuu's stand has been revealed:

Does that say what his stand does?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm still wondering if it really does detach body parts, or make people think that they lost the body part. After Joshuu ran away, the guy's hand was suddenly back to normal.

E: just seen the raws of the newest jojolion (I'm not gonna comment on the *things* that are happening till we get the translation tomorrow), there's a couple pieces of One Piece memorabilia in one of the panels that have the sameface on it.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 18, 2013

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Flython posted:

As I see it effective range has two components in the series, range of action and range of effect. Josuke needs to be within a certain distance to use his stand on you but the effect itself has no range. The turtle didn't die when Josuke went home but he couldn't have healed it from home. Joshuu's stand does seem to have a limited range to its effect. It's just part of the unique nature of each stand I guess.

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my rear end?

Newest chapter spoilers Joshuu? used his stand to undress Yasuho and after she got into a car and was driven away from him, her clothes her still undone. That being said it could have just been an illusion from Tsurugi's stand, because there were two Joshuus at once so one of them was probably fake. Really creepy chapter, would be a horrifying situation to be in, especially with all the text saying the same words.

DrManiac posted:

I hope they keep the anime train rolling after part 3. Steel ball run is basically begging for an anime adaptation.

poo poo I just wanna see SBR and part IV animated, the D'Arby fight is already animated so we barely even need a part III anime. Part IV would flow episode to episode much better. I know it would never happen, but I wanna see a live action version of Jojolion. It would fit really well with the odd twinpeakiness.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 21, 2013

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

WickedHate posted:

I'm dissatisfied with how Araki handled the JoJo names from Part 3 on. They mostly call them by their names from then on anyway.

You gotta admit, calling Giorno 'Giogio' would have been silly.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gappy isn't actually the real Jojo in Jojolion.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

I'm still under the opinion that it'll wind up being Joshu. There's still a son and a few daughters unaccounted for in the family tree that could link the Joestar bloodline back to the Higashikatas, and when else have we had a character with "Jo" in his name that wasn't a Jojo at some point?

I was thinking maybe the maid since she has the birthmark and is pretty much female Jotaro, but she doesn't even have a single Jo in her name, could be a fake name.

There's always Jobin as well.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I dunno what Part 4 you guys were reading, but I'm pretty sure Part 4 was a slice of life comedy about chilling with an alien, conning your friend with said alien, finding hundreds of coupons, and eating magical Italian food.

Everything else was just filler.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

He could have poked himself with the arrow and then Crazy Diamond would have become Crazy Diamond in the Flesh, with the ability to punch people people back from the dead or something.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

He gave it to Polneraff and they put in the turtle so it could not be used by anyone
Wasn't Polneraff was the turtle at that point?

E: no I forgot, he now lives in the turtle

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Sex_Ferguson posted:

They already tried the vampire army with the Part 1 Beat 'em up that Namco did back in 06 and that game loving blew. On top of having a ridiculously slow combat system, the enemies are poorly designed, the entire ripple mechanic is broken as hell, the game is super dark, they actually try to faithfully adapt the Part 1 art style so it looks like complete rear end, and about the only thing I can say in the game's favor is that when you do poses it gives you stat bonuses. This would continue a trend for Namco's JoJo games being very subpar as the next dev they got made All-Star Battle and the rest is history.

I really want another company to get the JoJo license or at least have Namco give it to a dev that doesn't suck.

Part 1 is basically Fist of the North Star, and the best Fist of the North Star game is Godhand, therefore hand the license over to Platinum and let them work their magic.

I wouldn't mind playing Jojo's Bizarre Musuo. Would be cool seeing the combined Jojos army take on a coalition of all the villains. Who cares about Jojo lacking mooks, that didn't stop the other anime musuo games.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Jojo just doesn't actually translate to video game mechanics well at all. The abilities of stands are so widely varied, that the only game that could give it justice would have to be some crazy garry's mod style engine with gameplay that combines adventure game mechanics in a fighting game setting.

Its the one game you always wanted to play that could never truely exist.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

If I remember correctly Jotaro even had a super to counter Dio's slow time. Apparently the game also had a bunch of cut content even though the game had a second revision. Like for instance, there's an almost complete sprite for Grey Fly and it's user.

Speaking of the Capcom game, I wonder if the anime is going to use their design for Midler or if they'll stay true to the manga and just show her legs.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

My favorite of all the cut/unused stuff is the sprite from Akuma's raging demon with a paw print next to it that was going to appear after Iggy's raging demon super. It would have been a pretty good easter egg, but I can understand that it didn't actually fit the game.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

King Crimson isn't too hard to comprehend if you have seen that one futurama episode about time skips, but I still don't get why Bruno saw himself when he first fought Diavolo.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Pomp posted:

Man, Jotaro is a terrible father.

I dunno I still think Joseph is a worse father, at least Jotaro doesn't sleep around. Jotaro is just too stupid to explain everything to Jolyne.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

I'm personally waiting to see what they rename King Crimson / Red Ruler / Magenta Monarch / Raspberry Raja / Scarlet Czar / Terra-Cotta Tyrant.

Maybe they'll go the Stephen King route and just change it to Crimson King.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Beverly Hills Cop, I think it was pretty popular in Japan in the 80s.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

And then Part 5 is MEGA popular! :syoon: Although I don't like it very much.

Part 4 is the one I really want to see animated, but maybe the part 5 will finally let us see why Japan likes it so much.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm afraid this Jojo train is going to stall in part 6, maybe they could cut the two of the sons of Dio and keep Bohemian Rhapsody. Then the end won't be so drawn out.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

You really want to skip out on the rods fight where Jolyne just says gently caress it and sets herself on fire?

Oh poo poo how could I forget about one of the most badass pages in all of jojo?

Jolyne truly is the most badass Jojo, and she ironically has the worst stand of any protagonist. The way that her and Hermes have seemingly crappy stands but make up for it by doing extremely clever things with them is easily the best part of part 6.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

If Kojima made Jojo, stands would be explained by science even though ripple was paranormal.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I thought it was supposed to be Joseph stopped doing his ripple training, and that's why he looked slightly older than he should have. It would have been cool if he had some clever ripple trick during the drinking game with D'Arby, but Jotaro getting the opportunity to be bad rear end was worth it.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Well dudes, let's get some things straight here. First of all Kakyoin's VA is great. Second of all, Vento Aureo is great because of motherfucking Bruno and I won't accept any malingering of the man. And third of it all, Jolyne is the single most badass JoJo and gently caress you if you dare to disagree. Finally Mountain Tim is best Cowboy.

These are the noble truths.

I dunno, Holhorse was a pretty cool cowpoke.

e:f,b

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I don't know about part 3 but in a bonus chapter in Steel Ball Run Araki explains that gaining a stand is the ultimate purpose of the ripple and the spin. I don't remember exactly but wasn't Gyro's stand, Ball Breaker, only created when he used the golden ratio? A ripple master could gain a stand the same way.

In SBR, the rules for stands from the parts 3-6 went out the window. He got the eyes on his balls stand from getting a christpart and then lost it when he lost the christpart. Then he got Ball Breaker when he mastered using the golden ratio. When Johnny mastered the golden ratio, his stand just evolved into a better one.

The only other person who got a stand naturally besides Gyro was Pocoloco, and I guess he was just lucky enough to randomly get a stand.

e: I guess that tree that had a natural stand

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 8, 2014

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Neither was Kars apparently. :v:

I don't think Kars could develop a stand because he didn't actually need one. Stands are supposed to be the extension of one's soul and people develop them naturally because they really need it to fulfill a desire or to better themselves. Kira developed Killer Queen out of the need to hide himself, Tonio got Pearl Jam as a means to further improve his cooking, etc.

Kars was literally the ultimate lifeform. Who needs a stand when they are the ultimate living being?

Plus you have to have a soul to have a stand, DIO was only able to use the World because he stole Jonathan's body. Presumably the World was Jonathan's stand that he never got to manifest.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

WickedHate posted:

How about a stand that allows for interstellar travel?
Despite sounding like an awful DBZ movie, Kars returning to earth a century later having developed a stand in space would have been pretty cool.

quote:

I don't know, it's fishy that both stands ended up being just like Johnathan and Jotaro's. It's like Dio hacked into the Joestar DNA and got Joestar stands.

Could be that he had more than one stand like Kira. I always assumed that DIO was literally Jonathan's body being mind controlled by Dio's head, which would explain why The World and Gold Experience were like Jojo stands, but that doesn't really make a lot of sense with the sons of Dio in part 6.

The only thing consistent about Araki's writing is that it's consistently awesome.

a cartoon duck posted:

If stands are based on the user's body rather than their soul the gang from Part 5 would've suddenly ended up with each other's stands when Silver Chariot Requiem did its mind-swapping shenanigans. Also alternate universe Dio from Part 7 had The World and he wasn't a vampire using his arch-rival's body.

Ah that's right, their stands did stay with their souls during that part. Maybe Dio is such a tricky bastard that he kept his soul when he became a vampire.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 8, 2014

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

Everyone just reads this to watch fabulous men pose anyway.

Aha! That's the one useless stand, the one that forces you to make fabulous poses all the time. I call it, Beat It.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

drat double posting phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Raws for the next Jojolion are out, revealing that one guy's ridiculous looking stand.

Part VIII spoilers
http://imgur.com/Bm67pqd

• Locked thread