Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Perigryn posted:

YES YES YES YES

That really was an amazing sequence. So much tension with such a simple explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Seconding the call for F.F. and Lisa Lisa but I also hope Trish and Spice Girl make it in. Still annoys how little they got to do during part 5.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Oh man, I'd nearly forgotten about her. Spice Girl would be pretty rad. She could shoot the ground and lay some forced jump traps or something.

Yeah you could do some really cool stuff with her stand powers. I really like her design too.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Perigryn posted:

I wonder if the Stand can also mess with victims' perceptions of voices, clothing, bodytypes, etc to the degree that they become paranoid of everyone and assume that even if they find the right person, they'll think they're an imposter ala Capgras Syndrome. I have a feeling that Jo2uke using Joshuu's phone will be worked in somehow...

I can't shake the feeling that this might end with some more four ball action. Change the face, the voice and the clothes but the balls remain.

:v:

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The whole "being out of range" thing seems inconsistent. Josuke from part 4 can trap Angelo in the rock forever, yet other Stand effects wear off if the user gets out of range.

As I see it effective range has two components in the series, range of action and range of effect. Josuke needs to be within a certain distance to use his stand on you but the effect itself has no range. The turtle didn't die when Josuke went home but he couldn't have healed it from home. Joshuu's stand does seem to have a limited range to its effect. It's just part of the unique nature of each stand I guess.

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my rear end?

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Baofu posted:

Am I wrong in remembering when Joshuu left the thug's hands were reversed?

Just checked it and that does seem to be the case. I can't wait to see what other crazy poo poo we're going to see because of it.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

That's the third time I've seen that come up and it's still just as good. I'm gonna be pretty sad when it doesn't turn up in the part 4 adaptation.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Dunno about Tsurugi but Joshuu could use an rear end kicking after this chapter. Christ.

I really thought he was going to be a straight parallel with Okuyasu but he's so much more of a dick.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Star Platinum posted:

I thought Araki had massive balls to kill almost the entire cast, especially Jotaro, in such a way. No heroic sacrifice, no prolonged death scene or famous last words, and they're all just reduced to dust in "seconds" of accelerated time. It felt like a touch of realism, death can be easy and sudden and the heroes don't get to win just because they're the heroes. Same thing with Avdol's death in Part 3.

His first "death" was a bit of evil genius too. You get your breath back and then he just slams you right in the gut.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

I really enjoyed how Kira's defeat played out. Josuke's "You have finally entered... my effective range" and "Show me your... Killer Queen" gives it an old west standoff feel and he just dismantles Kira.

Come on next chapter of Jojolion.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Got to agree, I finally got around to finishing SBR and it is excellent. The only real problem I had with it was almost everything after the introduction of Love Train. The first half of the fight was so good too.

So many great stands but I really think my favourite has to be Tatoo You! Such a cool little stand, can't wait to see animated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Mr. Maltose posted:

All the Part 7 stands were cool poo poo, but Mountain Tim's was one of the coolest.

Even Chocolate Disco?

• Locked thread