Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Because the anime's up to this point, this image is apt:

I also nominate "SEX: USELESS" as the thread's subtitle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Uznare posted:

:frogout:

Because they're out of print, the entire english release is out of print because Viz doesn't give a gently caress. (It sold badly)
Having started collecting them since Christmas, I've so far been able to snag vol.1 and then 7-16 easily. I'm gonna have to hunt for the missing ones and do some creative negotiation to complete my collection without going broke.

Oddly enough, when I looked through the first volume, I noticed that it was a second printing dated "September 2012".

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
USELESS!

Oh please let the announcer yell it in tonight's episode :pray:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Waffleman_ posted:

He doesn't.
Eh, we didn't get "Even Speedwagon Is Afraid" either. So long as they do that final battle justice, I don't care. We have a great Jojo anime after all these years! :D

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I feel that since Caesar got in, she might as well be a shoe-in too, but I can't really say that since I even doubt Old Joseph is going to be playable despite basically every other human member of the Part 3 group is in the game so far.
There was some new bit that her actress did some recording for the game but it was followed up with "there will be a lot of announcer voices".

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LightningKimba posted:

If there's no Speedwagon announcer, we have a problem. :colbert:
He's the first one I want confirmed (along with Stroheim, if he's not a character too).

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 1, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MonsterEnvy posted:

By playing the game for him.
YES YES YES YES

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Flython posted:

That really was an amazing sequence. So much tension with such a simple explanation.
And one of the best punchlines.

"Now, which hand am I gonna use to pummel you?"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Serious Frolicking posted:

If Cars is playable and has a squirrel hand move, he instantly catapults to the top spot in the game's roster.
This and I want one of his alternate colors to be Baoh.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Reposting this from the previous thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB7awSJwd_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyzXm6LIYck

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Niccy Bones posted:

This whole bit is loving cute as hell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3OMjs4Y7a8

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

So what do you guys think of 39 episodes for Stardust Crusaders? That would allow them to cover 4 chapters per episode.
Yeah, I estimated 36 but 39-40 eps would be ideal.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Meme Emulator posted:

Abbachio makes even less sense, how are you going to fight with Moody Blues.
Programming attack patterns into it ala the Capcom game (but unable to cancel the sequence one it's initiated) and duplicating physical attacks from other characters (especially ones that don't make it into the game).

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

a cartoon duck posted:

Err, yeah, I meant Star Platinum is the world's most boring stand, what with its power being punching really fast, a power that's already shared by many Stands even in Part 3. Hell, being the fastest melee stand was already kinda Silver Chariot's thing. It's just kinda jarring to read through progressively crazier stands and then look back to Star Platinum.
As Red Bones put it: In the end, it's not the Stand's powers, it's how creatively you can use it. I'd personally love to have it or Heaven's Door as a Stand.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Superstring posted:

The JoJo wiki says "Measures the Stand's possible functions and utilization of its abilities and powers."

So I guess it's like how much of a Stand's potential has been utilized.
You can see it when you compare Star Platinum's stats to Star Platinum: The World. The latter has a lower development potential stat since Jotaro's making more use of its abilities and has little potential remaining to be explored.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
New Jojo Abridged short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJiz8Mafmqs

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 15, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

rodney mullenkamp posted:

He does in Rohan at the Louvre.
Yep. He just can't read his own memories.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Johnny apparently got his head crushed under a rock.
:stare:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kurtofan posted:

Buccellati, Narancia and Diavolo from Part 5 have apparently been confirmed for ASB in the new Weekly Shonen Jump!
YES!
YES!
How does King Crimson work?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Ah! Good point, I'd completely forgotten about that.

In that case, a more pressing question is raised. That's three sets of revealed characters, at least. We got Caesar too right? So the most important thing is, when is the next PV?! I can't wait to see even a second or two of these guys in action.
Caesar and ACDC were also revealed even before those others. Brief footage of them both was added to those Jotaro/D'Arby The Gamer commercials.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Ryaomon posted:

I could see KC working as teleports and counters. In the PS2 game he just slowed down time when you did an attack so the attack went on for a while while he could counter you in leisure.
What if KC hitting the opponent makes them operate under lag conditions?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kuroyama posted:

Wouldn't that be more appropriate for Gold Experience?
You've got a point there..

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 30, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Even Speedwagon is cheered!

Edit: Ha, he even signed off at the end of the trailer with "Speedwagon withdraws coolly" :D

Edit2: Other Stands that pop up in the trailer as artwork include Kraftwerk, Harvest, Moody Blues, Highway Star and possibily Hermit Purple. This doesn't confirm them as characters though. This, however, is a stage hazard:

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jun 9, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Nukesaku, huh? I wonder what he does.
Maybe he holds someone in place for Vanilla Ice (if he's not a selectable character).

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Fiend Computer posted:

This trailer just makes me want to get this game all the more. It looks like there are alternate skins for the characters, so hopefully they'll give Jotaro his part four outfit and Kira as Kawajiri. Maybe even some of the splash art made into in game outfits. :allears:

This could mean the DLC Kira has the option of being changed into Kawajiri at least.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 10, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kurtofan posted:

Someone already subbed the trailer, that was fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjUicnQpskM&feature=youtu.be
Reuploaded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd26Mgrbg08

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Waffleman_ posted:

4 new characters announced for ASB.

Melone, Emporio, Daniel D'arby, and :siren:SPEEDWAGON:siren:
Even Speedwagon is included! :D

Edit: I hope Diego, Sandman, Pucci, F.F., Valentine, Blackmore, Mountain Tim, Old Joseph and Abbachio make it in. Though it seems from what some people are saying, they're done adding playable Part 5 characters and that Cioccolata is a stage hazard.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 22, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I wonder who'd play Valentine? I could see Jouji Nakata doing it...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I'm suddenly reminded of Jotaro's line in JJBA Abridged ep7: "Just look at that chin, that f***ing chin! Do you realise how many bitches he's gotten with that chin? He's f***ing Chuck Norris! He's what Chuck Norris looks under the bed for!"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I wouldn't call it stealing so much as I'd call it "Everyone rips off everyone else" much like how Araki's story was heavily inspired from Fist of the North Star, lest we forget Jonathan "Kenshiro" Joestar.
And Dio "Shin" Brando.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Not just Street Fighter, Benimaru from the SNK series was based on Polnareff. I'm fine with the homages though, as trucutru said it just means they're JoJo fans and that's awesome.
As well as Dio/Neo Dio from World Heroes basically being Cars with some Santana, Dio and Baoh thrown in.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cerebral Bore posted:

As well as Brocken from World Heroes literally being Stroheim.
Amusingly, one of his win quotes is "Hey,it's the best. What do you expect with German science!?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUHnGi1KY2o
SEKAI ICHIIIIII!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Maremidon posted:

If they have mini-game versions of the games D'Arby made the team play, I'll forgive sub-par gameplay.
"Good"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Oh god, Pops Speedwagon... XD

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LordMune posted:

:siren: Jojolion #23! :siren: No Jojolion next month.
Guess the next trailer for JJBA All Star Battle will be soon then

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kurtofan posted:

:siren: Two new characters announced! :siren:

Funny Valentine and Kawajiri Kira!

This one isn't DLC.
And it even has Stray Cat! :D

Now we just need Diego, Soundman and F.F.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jul 31, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Someone's started to subtitle those "Vaguely Remembered Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCcg9aCzfoU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Schubalts posted:

OK, I just finished part 5, and have one question. What the hell did Giorno's Stand do at the end?
Well, to paraphrase King Crimson's meme...

Gold Experience Requiem: It just works.

HitTheTargets posted:

Well yeah, I know why he's more popular. I'm just saying that as a fighting game character he doesn't have the most interesting abilities. It's me, I'm the guy who wants weird Stands like Cream or Bad Company or Dragon's Dream in the game.
I'd have accepted some of the weirder ones as stage hazards or situational finishes. 'course we'd need more stages and have more than one allocated hazard to each one...

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 10, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The recent Lisa Lisa/Jorge Joestar light novel did apparently imply that there's been at least 36 odd reboots (that only affect Earth, given that there's 36 versions of Kars that ended up living on Mars).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Jojo Allstar Battle intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7865vlqpVo

• Locked thread