Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Uznare posted:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (OVA 1993-2000): Animated adaptation of part 3 that came out in two blocks, the first one covering the second half and the second one covering the first half. Don't watch this, it's bad.

How the gently caress did that happen, anyways? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I feel that since Caesar got in, she might as well be a shoe-in too, but I can't really say that since I even doubt Old Joseph is going to be playable despite basically every other human member of the Part 3 group is in the game so far.

Honestly, there's not a huge reason for Old Joseph to be playable if part 2 Joseph is. Hermit Purple is primarily a non-combat stand, and if memory serves he doesn't actually fight anyone in part 3.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

onepixeljumpman posted:

It'd be like if Jolyne suddenly realized she could regenerate wounds by eating balls of yarn and ending up as some sort of horrible human/sweater hybrid.

Holy poo poo this would have actually owned though.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Yeah, Hol Horse is more of a running gag than anything else.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Volcano Style posted:

I have no idea how many of you guys are tabletop/pen and paper players, but I've been working on a JoJo RPG for the past week or so. I'm just testing it to make sure Stands aren't broken (in the bad way) and then I'll see if there's interest in a playtest or something.

Doesn't Mage: the Awakening pretty much work as a JoJo game with a little houseruling?

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Agent Interrobang posted:

Having tried Jojo as an M&M game; emphatically no. M&M is way too focused on combat and far too fiddly to really approximate the loose, crazy-rear end feel of Jojo. Marvel Super Heroes/FASERIP or Monsters & Other Childish Things, though, that could work. Mage: The Awakening too. MAYBE Geist if you reskinned, and I mean reskinned it a LOT.

Honestly, I'd have to say a reskinned Mage is the best way to handle it. The caveat, however, is that you would have to throw out every single bit of Mage fluff and you'd have to throw out a lot of mechanics too (Stands don't really cause anything like Paradox, for example, and most of them would only have one or two spells out of a given arcana rather than an entire one to play with). I mean, I know for a fact you can replicate Magician's Red's power set using one Forces 4 spell (Firebolt) and one Forces 3 spell (Control Fire), and you can come pretty close to Hierophant Green with a Mind 4 (Psychic Sword) and a Mind 5 (Possession).

I actually kind of want to run this now. Stand creation would be pretty amusing, since I'd basically be asking my players to pick one or two cool spells and think of a music reference to name it after. :v:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Eh, honestly it's mostly just that Mage spells already sound like Stand powers, so it would be an incredibly easy reskin with a little thought.

For example:

WoD Canon Index, paraphrased posted:

Steal Lifespan, Death 4 - Steal a year from someone's life

Fortune's Fool, Fate 4 - Store failures to inflict on others

Bread Alone, Life 2 - Create edible food from inedible organic matter

Dream Traveler, Mind 4 - Project into target's dreams

Co-Location, Space 4 - Exist in multiple locations simultaneously

Labyrinth, Space 5 - Mutate space freely in an area; "The mage is capable of sculpting bizarre vicissitudes of place and distance through this level of Space, folding space in ways that defy the senses. For example, the horror-movie staple of causing every possible path of egress from a given locale to instead lead back to isolated wilderness is possible. So is making a road that a person can visually confirm leads to the store down the street, but traveling that way actually leads in the opposite direction."

Temporal Stutter, Time 4 - Push target or self forward in time

Time Stop, Time 5 - ZA WARUDO

Temporal Lifeline, Time 5 - Mark a point in time to return to 24 hours later

These, at least the ones that Araki hasn't already used, would pretty much fit perfectly with the canon Stands. Bread Alone as written wouldn't make a good Stand ability, but if you let it work on living things, like people... :getin:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Jesus loving christ, I would totally get an Araki-designed shirt but not for loving $500 :stare:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Angry Walrus posted:

He probably already gets enough fanmail from Western fans to know JoJo's appreciated here.

It would still be a nice gesture to have a huge-rear end organized thing, though. I mean, Japan has JoJo flashmobs, we need to step up our game. :v:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

How can you not like Duwang?

I mean, it's funny but if you're actually trying to understand Part 4 it doesn't work all that well.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Funny/Funnier/Funniest Valentine is the best thing ever. :lol:

e: ahaha what the gently caress I didn't even catch the bit about Morioh breaking off from the mainland and sprouting legs, I need to read this loving book

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Hey guys, I'm running a JJBA Fate Accelerated game over in the appropriate subforum. Player spots are already largely filled up but if anyone wants to peanut-gallery it, you're welcome to.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Hace posted:

Obviously this is all leading up to JoJo airing on Toonami in 2014

This is actually pretty likely. The first season is reportedly the thing they've seen the most requests for in years, plus Viz already has a working relationship with Williams Street.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Dio has a Dio-nese accent. :smugbert:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

What does DIO wear to protect his nuts?
The World cup

:downsrim:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I'm pretty sure the anime is doing a better job of the Judgment fight than the manga did. :stare:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

This just in! Jojolion is delayed because Araki took too much time getting ready for the Ice Bucket Challenge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQACHFw7u3g

OH MY GOD!!

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
...pretty much the only thing that spoils is that Jotaro survives part 3, though? "Jotaro has a kid at some point" tells you nothing about the plot of Stone Ocean.

e: also, the heroes having kids who go on to be protagonists is literally the central gimmick of JoJo

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 27, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not to mention that Jotaro dying in Stardust Crusaders wouldn't end the Joestar bloodline, so it's a bit of a spoiler.

I mean, there's also Josuke and technically Giorno, but as far as anime viewers know neither of those people exist.

Like, I could honestly see the argument for crying spoilers over those two since they kinda come out of left field, but you can pretty easily extrapolate that Jotaro has a kid at some point just from watching up to where we are in pt. 3 and being aware that other parts exist. This is like when people were crying about the figure ads in the first season because Dio was in one of them... in spite of Dio being the villain of Phantom Blood anyways, and the figure version of Dio not even existing in canon.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Is that a loincloth flap thing or does Dio just have a huge boner?

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

You just know gg would have translated the second line as "Diamond is not crash!"

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Aurain posted:

This post over in the Anime thread kind of reads like an "educated" guess. I hope he's not trying to do that though because that's lame.

I mean, to not be able to predict that Jotaro is gonna beat up Dio, you'd have to never have seen a shonen in your life.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I dunno, I'm okay with that inconsistency just because it led to a loving great sight gag.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Jorge Joestar is loving amazing, you take that back. :colbert:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
According to Jorge Joestar, at one point the town of Morioh sprouts legs and walks around. There's also an army of Karses on the moon because, while each universe reset creates a new Kars, it doesn't delete the last one.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
The second Polnareff fight can absolutely suck my dick.

e: Nevermind. Also, Specials owns.

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 4, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
If you're still underleveled by the time you get to Strength, just beat up on the hook that killed the sailor. It doesn't go away after you kill it, goes down in one or two hits, and gives 40 XP and 30 gold every time, along with occasionally a healing item.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Getting the Perverted trait from the goon on the second floor of the school is a very good decision if you like Polnareff.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I interpreted that as Tenmei just being Araki's nickname for him (note how he says it's still officially Noriaki- guess who's the arbiter of what it officially is?), which would mean the Enya bit is still a misdirection.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I just started reading part 4

A latex glove, what in the gently caress

e: ahahaha what the gently caress a rock

Goodhair Jojo best Jojo

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 7, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
How the gently caress was he talking with a latex glove in his throat? :psyduck:

e: Crazy Diamond is stupidly overpowered, it's basically Star Platinum but with healing instead of a time stop

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 7, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Why would you want to skip Iggy? :colbert:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Big Anime Fan

:smugbert:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
We would have heard about it by now if it was real and also big. It's probably fake, and if it's not fake I can't imagine it being anything more than an expansion for ASB 1.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Are Chinese bootleg PS3 games even a thing?

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Aurain posted:

I don't watch Always Sunny, so none of those make any sense at all to me.

Go on Netflix and pick some random episodes (especially ones with silly titles) and watch the first 30 seconds of them. You'll get the joke.

(It's turning JoJo bits into Sunny cold opens and making up episode names for them)

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
If Hollywood got a wild hair up its rear end and decided to make real-life JoJo, Dan Stevens would be a fantastic Dio

exhibit A: Dan Stevens as victorian gentleman

exhibit B: Dan Stevens, jacked as hell

they would just have to get him to do both at the same time and have him be as much of a giant smug rear end in a top hat as he was in The Guest and he would be the perfect Dio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
SANA DA BITCH! is easily my favorite (the "OOOOOOOH MY GOOOOOOD"s from the Empress fight being a close second) but my phone swearing at me in public whenever someone calls me would probably not play out well. Mulatto Butts from Archer was awkward enough as my ringtone when I had it.

• Locked thread