Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Josuke is the protagonist of part 4, Rohan doesn't even appear before the middle of Part 4 and Josuke has all the biggest fights including the final one, while Rohan only has a few quirky fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Araki said people are a bit scared to talk with him since they think he's like Rohan when in fact he is very nice with people :shobon:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
New ASB commercials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz2UJlbp8Q8&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDE3HxU4qpI

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lobsterman posted:

What about the announcement? Wasn't that supposed to come with the episode?

The announcement was that there's a special Jojo event June 23rd and for the DVD/Bluray Volume 4.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Oh! My! God!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Otoishi's stand is one of the best, and he's an important minor villain.

He kind of suffers from the "Diavolo" syndrome, his stand's design is better than his design.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Red Bones posted:

I think having Funny Valentine or Pucci would make more sense, we've already got one part 4 villain. Also I want to see them approach D4C in terms of game mechanics. He'd pull through clones of yourself that you'd have to avoid touching, he'd vanish and replace himself with a healthier funny valentine if you squished him against the ground or against the side of the stage, he could bring in other funnys to shoot you, and he could have his ridiculous invincible misfortune deflection thing as a super. Or he could pull both the players through to a different universe, and the stage you're fighting in would change.

Man I started out sorta joking like "oh how would they ever put jumping through multiple universes into a fighting game" but now I've thought about it you could make him work pretty easily.

There's nothing that says we won't get Pucci and Valentine, I'd say the fact that we're getting minor villains means the major villains are most certainly in.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Except Kira is apparently Day One DLC or something.

Popular character as day 1 DLC=lots of dough.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

That doesn't make him memorable. I really can't remember much of anything he did because he's forgettable. He jammed on his guitar, did silly movements and had a lightning chicken stand, however that design for his stand was cool. Hell, I remember more of what Cheap Trick did than Otoishi. Koichi's also pretty boring too, so all in all I don't honestly care for this set of characters. I'm sure someone interesting will pop up soon, but I hope it happens soon, because drat am I losing steam on this game since the last trailer.

Koichi is a pretty important character and his evolutionary stand can make for some cool gameplay.

Cheap Trick and Otoishi aren't really comparable, I can't imagine Cheap Trick as a character in a fighting game, while Otoishi and especially RHCP are spot on.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 10, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
For what it's worth there's a leak list that has been circulating since a few months but of course take it with a grain of salt:

Phantom Blood
Jonathan, Will Zeppelli, Dio Brando

Battle Tendency
Joseph, Caesar Zeppeli, Lisa Lisa, Wham, ACDC, Cars

Stardust Crusaders
Jotaro, Abdul, Kakyoin, Polnareff, Iggy, Hol Horse, Vanilla Ice, DIO

Diamond is Unbreakable
Josuke, Okuyasu, Koichi, Rohan, Akira Otoishi, Kira

Vento Aureo
Giorno, Bruno Buccellati, Mista, Narancia, Abbachio, Fugo, Trish, Ciaccolata, Ghiaccio, Risotto, Diavolo

Stone Ocean
Jolyne, Hermes, Annasui, F.F., Weather Report, Pucci

Steel Ball Run
Johnny, Gyro, Diego, Valentine

JoJolion
Jo2uke

45 total.

So far it's accurate, though I don't think Otoishi was a hard guess.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sex_Ferguson posted:

There is no way they're putting Young Dio (Especially if that list doesn't have Old Joseph)

Actually I think Part 1 Dio could be a full fledged character, his abilities are totally different, icy touch, eyes ripper, boxing...

I think Part 1 Dio has more to him than Old Joseph who didn't have many conventional fights in Part 3.

Fiend Computer posted:

yeah, plus Koichi just stops using Act 1 after he gets Act 2, so I really can't see them using it.

He used Act 1 to survey the area when searching for Kira, because Act 1's range is bigger.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Nessus posted:

Seems like you could just give him his fabulous Pt 1 outfit as a skin. If you simply must have Pt 1 Dio, do it like Iron Zangief; tougher, stronger, different supers but essentially the same character. Perhaps replace The World's super abilities with a human-monkey-cat swarm or injecting the vampire chemical into the enemy.

Don't forget he can freeze blood and shoots laser eyes, which he doesn't do in Part 3.

Also technically isn't Dio less buff in Part 1 considering Johnathan is bigger than him?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

onepixeljumpman posted:

As was already brought up, they can just incorporate those things into Part 3 Dio like they did with space ripper stingy eyes in the original fighting game. I think they are doing that with this Dio if I remember.

I don't think they've shown Part 3 Dio do this in this game, only Part 3 related attacks.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Plutonis posted:

Hahaha Araki has been hitting some serious :catdrugs: this Arc. I guess the Robbing Road dudes are supposed to be this universe's version of "Fatty" Shigekyo due to the fact that the tiny dudes reminded me of Harvest? Also Joushuu can unscrew people's body parts out goddamn

I don't think those are their stands, it's probably a stand similar to the tree one in SBR

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Akira and Koichi detailed a bit.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ryaomon posted:

Probably just a translation messup due to hoow the Japanese language is translated.

Speaking of, can anyone confirm the rumor I head that Aqua Necklace was really just a DUWANG of Aqualung?

Nope, Aqua Necklace is used in the commercial quality French edition.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Soulcleaver posted:

Vento Aureo is generally (and correctly) considered to be the lamest. A dull protagonist, a dumb villain, and not as many cool fights as the rest if the parts. The lousy translation doesn't help, either. It does, however, have some cool supporting characters and the greatest stand, Sticky Fingers.

Some of the fights are pretty great, it's the strong part of Part V.

Article on Jojo All Star Battle: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/02/jojos-bizarre-adventure-all-star-battle-is-ultimately-about-reading-your-opponents-moves/

quote:

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure is a franchise that fighting game fans should be quite familiar with, even if they’ve never read the manga series or watched the anime, largely due to the Capcom 2D fighter first released in arcades over a decade ago. The game was re-released now re-mastered in HD for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network.

Matsuyama allay any fears that All-Star Battle might turn out to be just like the Naruto Shippuden games, which are accessible to anime fans, but otherwise alienating fans of core fighting games such as Street Fighter IV or Persona 4 Arena.

"JoJo is ultimately about reading your opponent’s moves in a fight, more so than in Naruto," Matsuyama said when we asked him how All-Star Battle would be different from their Naruto fighting games. "And so the style and controls here are shaping up here more like a conventional fighting game," he continued.

"Having said that, our mindset here is that we’re not exactly tailor-making the title to suit the tastes of hardcore fighting game fans. Rather, we’re striving to make a game that JoJo fans will enjoy."

As a fan of the manga series himself, Matsuyama also mentioned that his favourite character throughout the entire franchise is Part IV’s Rohan Kishibe, but that his favourite storyline over all is that of Part V.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Cool Japan indeed

I didn't think Polnareff's hair was possible to do in real life :allears:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Some new Jojo All Star Battle info from a talk show:

quote:

The next new character reveals will be from Part 2 and Part 4.

Seeing as how it's "All Star", a lot of content from every Part will be in the game.

All of the playable characters are finished, they're now in the final Bug Checking phase of development.

The next PV will show the culmination of everything up to this point. (meaning all of what we've seen, not the full game)

The Director was saying "It's fun to get reactions from people when I pick this or that character." (Just trying to explain the excitement you feel when selecting characters to show off)

Details on new characters will appear in Jump and Ultra Jump at least once every month.

The system is very much like JoJo (cryptic)
Work on the project originally began 7 years ago

Next trailer and reveals is next month apparently.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Some neat info on Jojo ASB:

http://hurricanecrew.tumblr.com/post/49772730970/display-cases-the-stroheim-poster-says-you-will

quote:

Display cases, the Stroheim poster says “ YOU WILL BUY THIS GAAAAAAAME! SO SAYS GERMAN SCIEEEEEEENCE!!!!”
here is some more info 2nd Character Colors
Johnny - green
Jonathan - reddish-purple
Zeppeli - red
Giorno - purple, Gold E - same as default (but i hear Requiem looks fabulous)
Jolyne - leaf green, Stone Free - red (Different from the 2/16 demo)
DIO - reddish-orange, The World - creamy white
Josuke - purple, Crazy Diamond - green

For some of this next stuff I’ll refer to some things from PV4

Known special intros
Jonathan vs DIO
Jonathan vs Zeppeli (confirmed to be the 1:20 mark of PV4)
Jotaro vs DIO
DIO vs Polnareff
Josuke vs Okuyasu
Giorno vs DIO
Giorno vs Polnareff
Jolyne vs Jotaro

All of the JoJo hero quotes from 1:58-2:08 are win poses/quotes.

I’m assuming the dialogue between Johnny and Gyro after that is going to be a special intro. Though I hope in the full version Johnny says the full passage from the manga.

Every character will have their own line when they make fun of Josuke’s hair. DIO’s from the PV was one of those. I’m assuming they say that when he activates his super-armor super cause well that’s the context of him getting pissed off. A source has given some of those lines for a couple characters but I’ll detail those in the character mentions for those mentioned.

I love that sort of details, like how Giorno's super Golden Punch made Dio's "thumb in eye" punch when used on Jonathan.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 6, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Morter posted:

What? Where did you get that? And where can I get the latest on Jojo/ASB news? I must know...

That was in the fourth trailer, around 3:06 in the video, you can see Golden Experience putting his thumb in Jonathan's eye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuAl9rJtrr8

I get my news from a jojo forum: http://ls57tiger.freepgs.com/jojo/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=24&sid=b846ac8bad040d692b42551ea081ae80

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Detailed look into Koichi and Araki in All Star Battle!

And also Bites the Dust is a hazard in the Morioh stage we've seen so far.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201305/09033000.html

Pictures are in the article, here's the translation I found on a jojo forum:

mikestrider posted:

Koichi Hirose - CV: Romi Park

Battle Style: Stand (Echoes)

Making his debut in Part IV. Awakened as a Stand User after receiving “The Arrow” from Keicho Nijimura. His Stand can evolve to Act 2 and Act 3 to match his mental growth. Act 1 can create sound effects and attach them to any surface/object, and subsequently make the sound it creates repeat itself. In Act 2, the sound effects are only created from the tail, and by touching the created sound effect with the tail the user increases its effectiveness. And finally, Act 3 has the ability to add weight to objects it hits, increasing their gravity.

Special Attack:
“The sound of cicadas goes through stone” (Transliteration; Researching the Japanese line referred me to a common spring haiku)

Attacking with ACT1’s tail, numerous sound effects appear over one another, quite literally it’s telling the opponent to “soak it up!”.

Special Attack:
“Dojuuu” *sizzle*

ACT2 throws this “sizzling” sound effect into the enemy, and when hit the opponent receives fire damage.

Throw
“Dohyuuu” *whoo~sh*

The opponent is grabbed while ACT2 releases the *whooooosh* sound effect, literally sweeping the enemy off their feet.

Counter Attack
“Dogg~on” *booo~m* (kinda)

Koichi charges the sound effect for a shockwave within himself, it releases on the enemy if they attack him.

Special Attack:
“Boyo-yo~n” *Bou~nce*

ACT2 leaves the sound effect for “bouncing” on the floor. If the opponent passes over it, they get sent flying upward.

Special Attack:
“S-H-I-T” (ACT3.)

Special Attack:
“What’s with this air pressure!?”

While in Body Mode, ACT3 comes out very quickly and sends out a shockwave to blast the opponent away. You also take some damage, but the opponent is sent further away from you.

Special Attack:
“Beat them, ACT 3!”

Special Attack:
“I can’t forgive you”

Unique Attack:
“Stop I~t!”

Taunt
(Yes, hmm..)

Heart Heat Attack:
“Echoes 3 FREEZE!!”

The damage of the move itself is low, but it weights down the opponent forcing them into a crouching positiong for a certain period of time, so their movement is limited. After the pre-determined time elapses, the opponent is released. Caution though, even though there’s ample time, the opponent has some capacity to reduce the amount of time their stuck crouching.

Great Heat Attack:
“Did I really show some growth??”

A continuous attack performed by all three ACTS. Starts off with ACT1’s sound effect attack. Then, ACT2 intensifies the previous sound attack to further the damage. Finally, it ends with a physical attack from ACT3 while saying “get heavy”, applying all damage at once.

Akira Otoishi - CV: Showtaro Morikubo

Battle Style: Stand (Red Hot Chili Pepper)

Making his debut in Part IV, he was given Stand power from Keicho Nijimura, but Akira killed him, took the Bow and Arrow, and started making more Stand Users. His Stand, Red Hot Chili Pepper, absorbs electricity and can move any place where there is a power supply. It is a remote Stand, yet it can become quite powerful if it absorbs enough electricity.

Unique Move:
“Charge”

Akira has a special “Electric Power” gauge above his HH meter. His performance changes depending on how much the gauge is filled by. If the gauge is at 0%, it has to be recovered or else he can’t use his Stand. With this unique move, he takes out a battery to charge his electrical power. It can be used at will when needed.

Special Attack:
“Spit Fire”

Calls out his RC plane, and RHCP comes down from it to attack.

Unique Taunt:
“Light Hand Method”

A special taunt for accumulating his HH gauge.

Special Attack:
“I’m closing in on you!”

After grabbing onto the opponent, releases a torrent of electricity at the both of you.

Counter Attack:
“Aim here! Right here”

Taunts the opponent, and and if attacked RHCP blows back at them.

Special Attack:
“The power of a jet engine!”

Attacks the opponent with overwhelming power.

Special Attack:
“Upon reflection, I’m strong...”

Additional attack after “The power of a jet engine!”. Sends the opponent flying with a direct attack.

Special Attack:
“I’d like to see a knock ou~~~t!!”

Additional attack after “The power of a jet engine!” A big wind-up attack that hits from overhead.

Special Attack:
“High level Whack-A-Mole”

Throw:
“Increase the power!” (Normal Throw)

Taunt

Heart Heat Attack:
“I only need this little finger to beat you!”

An electrified RHCP closes in on the opponent from the ground, the final blow is an uppercut with his pinky.

Great Heat Attack:
“I’m getting de~spera~~~te!”

A Stand Rush at impressive speed. Akira starts playing guitar, while his Stand performs a continuous rush of attacks from all directions. The opponent meets with a singular strong attack at the end. Akira finishes playing after the attack is over, and he is just in his own world with an “entranced” look on his face.

Morioh Town Stage

As previously reported, there are stage gimmicks in many stages. A “Lightning Strike” hazard can be triggered near a downed sign board. After Rohan reads in Hayato’s memory about lighning strikes, he is surprised to say the least, lightning falls after this moment. This scene is sure to make fans smile.

Lightning strikes randomly in 3 locations in the stage, and deals shock damage if you’re struck. However if RHCP is hit by lightning, Akira’s “Electric Power” gauge recovers.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cinroth posted:

At the top, there is only one place!

Also

quote:

Left text near the two smaller pictures:
"LIGHT MODE"
Before Evolution, Kars will manipulate his blades to rip up his opponent.

Text near flying Kars:
After Evolution... Kars seems so divine!

Edit: HOLY poo poo ROHAN IS IN:

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 15, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Man, Rohan could be overpowered against vampires/Pillar Men such as Dio, he could just wrote "I breathe the ripple" and bam.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Waffleman_ posted:

Rohan can't Heaven's Door himself.

No, on them.That way they kill themselves.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 15, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I care about the ice powers too (I always thought that was awesome) and there is a precedent for having two Dios in a fighting game, as seen with Shadow Dios, and honestly Part 1 Dio feels more different to Part 3 Dio than Shadow Dio was.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
100 days till Jojo ASB comes out!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Buccellati, Narancia and Diavolo from Part 5 have apparently been confirmed for ASB in the new Weekly Shonen Jump!

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 10:11 on May 29, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Perigryn posted:

YES!
YES!
How does King Crimson work?

There's no translation yet but there's a scan!

Also I forgot to mention it but the Kira Family House from Part 4 was revealed as a stage with Atom Heart Father as a stage hazard.

quote:

New Stage, Kira Estate!!

From Part 4, this new stage is Yoshikage Kira’s home! Kira’s father, Yoshihiro and his stand “Atom Heart Father”, are confined within!?

Photo to the right
If a photo gets activated, Yoshihiro floats down from above, then attacks with a kitchen knife!!

And it seems there's a new stage here as well, it looks like the train of Beach Boy/Grateful Dead.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 29, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Next trailer announced:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
New Famitsu article, this time with the moves of Rohan, Kira and Kars, and the Kira House stage.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201306/06034323.html

:allears:

VVVVVV:yep, he gets new moves when you activate his "Transformation" super.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 5, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Translation of the moves from Dustloop.com: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14404-Jojo-s-Bizarre-Adventure-All-Star-Battle/page36&p=1507989&viewfull=1#post1507989

quote:

Kishibe Rohan (CV: Hiroshi Kamiya)

Battle Style: Stand (Heaven's Door)

A character featured in part 4. A popular manga artist who lives in the town of Morioh. Selfish and assertive, he does not care about people’s reactions when it concerns his creative thinking, making him look like a weirdo to outsiders. However, as long as he gets material for his work, he’s ready to face any hardships for the sake of being the ultimate artist. By using his Stand, Heaven’s Door, he’s able to turn people into books, read their experiences, and even make his own corrections.

Command move: Safety Lock
While his Stand is turned off, Rohan can perform this move by pressing Weak, Medium, or Strong attack button. If the enemy hits the picture Rohan draws in midair, he can seal off that attack. However, this effect ends after a certain amount of time or when Rohan is knocked down. If the enemy gets another one of his moves sealed, it overrides the old seal.

Command move: I’ll mess your “Ability” real good!
While his Stand is turned off, you can seal off the enemy’s Style button with this command move. This effect ends after a certain amount of time or when Rohan is knocked down.

Normal throw: Rock.
A throw that blows the enemy away by hitting them with “rock” from rock-paper-scissors.

Command move: I’m growing!
The Stand appears and unleashes a flurry of punches and slashes! After hitting the enemy, you can follow up with “Maybe I’ll incapacitate you” or “My body got blown away at the speed of 70 km/h !”.

Command move: Maybe I’ll incapacitate you

Command move: My body got blown away at the speed of 70 km/h !
By writing these words on the enemy, Rohan can send them to the opposite side of the screen at frightening speed.

The taunt pose is sure to make the fans smile.

Special taunt
This taunt comes out when Rohan taunts in response to the opponent’s taunt. His Heart Heat Gauge recovers back the amount lost due to the taunt.

Heart Heat Attack: I’ll take your “Reality” for myself!
With this HHA, Rohan rips out a lot of pages out of the opponent. The damage is small, but he seals all their command moves for a set period of time.

Great Heat Attack: Heaven’s Door
Rohan writes down “I cannot attack Kishibe Rohan” on the opponent. This attack seals off every single attack, but only lasts a set period of time.

Yoshikage Kira (CV: Rikiya Koyama)

Battle Style: Stand (Killer Queen) (Sheer Heart Attack’s CV: Kashiwakura Tsutomu)

A character featured in part 4. A serial killer who tries to live the life of a common salaryman who just “can’t help but kill people”. His Stand, Killer Queen, can turn any object into a “Primary Bomb” with a single touch. He uses a detonator to blow up the touched object at any time he wishes. Moreover, Killer Queen’s left hand has Sheer Heart Attack, a tank-like tracking “Secondary Bomb”. It relentlessly follows the target until they explode.

Command move: Anything it touches is turned into a bomb
Kira tosses a coin projectile at the opponent. In addition to exploding on contact, you can trigger the explosion again with additional inputs. By the way, make sure to stay away from the explosion, since it can hit Kira, too.

Command move: Primary Bomb
The opponent becomes a bomb with a touch. You can follow it up with “I’ll break you apart!” at any time you want.

Command move: I’ll break you apart!
As the name suggests, the opponent is blown up into pieces!

Command move: You bastard!
Killer Queen unleashes a flurry of punches!

Command move: Whack!

Command move: I’ll break you apart!
After hitting the enemy with the coin bomb, you can blow them up at any time you want.

Normal throw: You should try and learn from me

Taunt

Heart Heat Attack: I’ll blow you to smithereens!
Kira strikes a pose with Killer Queen, and then beats up the enemy. Then, after blowing them up into the air, he triggers an explosion, blowing them away!

Great Heat Attack: Sheer Heart Attack
Sheer Heart Attack starts following the enemy, shouting “Over here!” and making a great explosion after finally reaching them. By the way, it cannot move if it’s hit by “3FREEZE” of Koichi’s Echoes Act 3.

Cars (CV: Kazuhiko Inoue)

Battle Style: Light Mode

A character featured in part 2. The extremely intelligent leader of the “Pillar Men”. His Light Mode allows him to protrude shining blades out of his limbs, the so-called “Bright Sabers”. To overcome the Sun and become the “Ultimate Being”, he has created the “Stone Masks”. To obtain the “Red Stone of Aja” required to complete the mask, he fights with Joseph with everything on the line.

Command move: Light Mode
By activating this skill, Cars emits a bright light, making some of his attacks unblockable.

Special move: He can pull blades out of his legs too!!

Command move: A sneak attack, cruel and extremely skillful!

Command move: I’ll smash you against the wall!

Command move: That blood-freezing brightness!

Command move: All that counts is to get the final victory!!

Command move: Bright Saber Mode
While in Light Mode, Cars can activate Bright Saber Mode by spending 1 level of Heart Heat Gauge. Not only do his blades become unblockable, but his command moves also gain other additional properties.

Taunt

Heart Heat Attack: Bright Saber
After cutting the opponent, Cars pauses for a moment. Then, after they fall down, he rushes forward for an instant finishing blow!!

Great Heat Attack: This is the birth of Cars, the Ultimate Being!!!
By donning the stone mask with the Red Stone of Aja embedded inside, Cars evolves into Ultimate Being! As Ultimate Being, he gains traits of all sorts of living beings!

Special move: This can’t be…!?
Cars transforms his arm into an octopus tentacle and raises it upwards.

Guard
The attack is blocked with a crab-like armor.

Special movement: Flight
By holding down the button, Cars can move freely in the air. Of course, he can still attack while flying.

Special movement: Air dash

Command move: It’s the Ripple you little piece of poo poo!!
For the Ultimate Being Cars, even the Ripple breathing is possible! He can focus the energy gained from the unique breathing technique and attack with it!!

Command move: Genetical data transformation
Cars can attack the enemy from afar by transforming his body into a squirrel or a piranha. He can even do it while in midair.

Illustrations of the moves are in the famitsu article I posted above.

Edit:Interesting that none of Kira's moves are from his Kosaku Kawajiri form, I wonder if there's going to be two Kiras...

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 5, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Nice video mixing the translation and the pictures from the article:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og3_4P-Nmy0

There's a customization mode and rush attacks.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
A magazine ad for Jojo All Star Battle confirms the presence of an online mode and indicates that there are "more than 30 characters" in the game (right now we know 29 characters).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Here's the ad (it's pretty cool looking), I don't think I see Kira but I'm not sure it means anything:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Hey, Araki renamed Part 8 Nijimura's stand (the motorcycle one) Born This Way (it used to be Going Underground) for the volume release.

http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Born_This_Way

Araki is a Gaga fan :v:

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 8, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The ASB conference is starting right now, unfortunately there's no way to watch it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Cam Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuWGvYiWT0M

Jojo has a lot of fangirls it seems.

Costumes confirmed, nice.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jun 9, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man that is a lot of sqeeing.

I think I understand why Part 5 is so popular now. :v:

Edit: the trailer said more characters will be announced at a later date.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jun 9, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Broseph Brostar posted:

I actually liked the title, had a nice duwang ring to it which was appropriate to part IV.

I guess the ASB devs tweeted that they are coming to America, presumably for E3. I can't imagine they are going to announce an American version of the game. If they do, I'm really going to regret preordering an overpriced import copy.

Don't worry, I think they're going to announce a Naruto game.

Edit: apparently there's a Gallery mode with :

Model Viewer
Sound Test
Art Viewer
JoJo Dictionary
Gallery Shop

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Apparently a new character will be announced(from the official website):

Considering the background, it's a Phantom Blood character so most likely Part 1 Dio.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jun 10, 2013

• Locked thread