Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

That picture still looks like younger Jonathan given the outfit he's wearing. Still a hilarious change from part 1 kenshiro jonathan tho.

Dude, that's Kakyoin.

There should be a law against Araki drawing his pre-Act IV characters (possibly omitting Jotaro *) ever again.

edit: *and Polnareff

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I'll play the shittiest Chinese bootleg in the world if i can be Diego

Edit: Also, can someone please explain to me what Gold Experience Requiem even does? It....traps you in an infinite loop of deaths in alternate universe? Seems pretty brutal. Better than Silver Chariot Requiem's "walk around, putting people to sleep, and also mutating them but only for like 2 pages before that idea is immediately forgotten?"

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Nov 19, 2014

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Moltrey posted:

Part 4 may have some of the best quick descriptions.

you all know about this tumblr tag, right? https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/it%27s-always-sunny-in-duwang

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Aurain posted:

Special event about Stardust Crusaders cours 3 and 4 on Sunday 2pm GMT
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jojo-premium-animation

Note: The last event they did was bad, dull and nothing happened, so don't get excited.

Precisely what did not happen last time? Was it just them saying "hey we're making 2 new cours?"

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Are there any comics of young Jolyne visiting great-grandpa Joseph

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Well I think the Speedwagon Foundation also does R&D relating to kooky poo poo like vampires and Stands. They've still got a pillar man locked in a suntan coffin and I think DIO's corpse, presumably they're also doing studies on him.

The Speedwagon Foundation is basically the SCP Foundation but less morally questionable. Hell, it's sometimes called the SPW foundation. Also, I like that one information page where they say Speedwagon founded it to document "bizarre phenomena" because I'm a sucker for that sort of title-referencing stuff.

I imagine it's mostly stand research, with some heavily secured rooms full of stone masks and vampire dust.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
After about 8 months of on-and-off reading, I've finally caught up. I'll try to never forget that the moment I caught up was when Gappy and Jobin were having a stag beetle fight, with the stakes being a Lambo for a licked eyeball.

Now to read Purple Haze Feedback; I've heard it's decent. Or at least less bad than Over Heaven or Jorge "37 Cars' living on Mars who have Killer Queen" Joestar.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Aww. I was really hoping Gappy would get his eyeball licked.

Also, what is the strategic benefit of the wax? Is having a seizure somehow beneficial to the beetle's fighting ability? And Gappy's winning move was to use his bubbles to take venom from the stinger and put it inside of the Rosenbergi?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Palawanicus Joestar for ASB 2

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

darealkooky posted:

but tenkaichi 3 is the best dbz game so idk what you're saying

also this game is confirmed to only have online multiplayer like anarchy reigns and offline it's only 1 player, lol

Welp, there goes a major source of fun. jyrque is right, ASB was best when played with friends in the same room who all like jojo. Or rather, with a friend who likes Jojo and a friend who doesn't know anything about it who you can make guess who is who and what is going on.

SkeletonHero posted:

Made some JoJobreads. They are straight up garbage, but I improved enough by the end that you can almost tell who they're supposed to be.

I'm sure they'll be a hit in Europe.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 23, 2014

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

How did ASB explain King Crimson anyway

Well you see mechanically what it does is..........

"What?! Did Liquid Dinosaur just start speaking Chinese? Are we under attack by an enemy stand?!"

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Blockhouse posted:

big 7th Stand User update incoming

I'm sorry, what is this from?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What is it called? Sorry to waste a post on this, I should have asked initially.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I thought he becomes less dog-like and more stylized as we first start hearing his thoughts, to show that he's become a character. It's like what Scott McCloud talked about in Understanding Comics; the more simplistic and less photorealistic a character is, the easier we can project on to them.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What if like the Ripple's sun-powers kills vampires, the spin's aesthetics-powers kills characters drawn in Araki's pre-fab artstyle.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What do you think the Red Stone of Aja is for?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

I can't wait till they have a short clip of a black priest with a weird haircut leaving Dio's mansion at some point.

They should just show Pucci chilling in Dio's bed with the harem girls.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Dammit Jotaro put your hat on.
Unless he's taking it off in mourning for his friends on the other side of that river :smith:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Fucknag posted:

a better protagonist (Koichi)

But Koichi steals!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/16/man-steals-600-female-outfits-from-schools-including-cheerleading-uniforms-and-wears-them-at-home-4763371/

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why are Beatles rights particularly tricky to acquire? Does it go beyond a simple matter of money?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Mucktron posted:

LOVING SBR. I 've reached the part where Lucy is finally coming into her own and you goons where right. She's a great character, but ::cry:: her constant subjection to creepiness is upsetting. I keep thinking of that scene from Community. "Annie is young, so we try not to sexualize her"

I was disappointed when I got to this part and learned this was just an edit.

edit: the real page

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 12, 2015

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm pretty sure Magneto kills a guy in a similar way in that X-2 movie.

Yeah but Magneto's name isn't Metallica so he's not as cool.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Mugticket posted:

Part 5 also has the best outfits(apart from Vanilla and Anasui).

The_Biggest_Lie_in_Vento_Aureo.png

I almost posted this in the anime thread when they were talking about stand users wearing ridiculous outfits, but then I remembered it was the anime thread and stopped myself.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

Life has many Heaven's Doors, Jo-boy!

Edit: Also, you're only half-right. Part 4 is Ed Edd n Eddy crossed with Always Sunny.

Jaw is Unbreakable.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
This is really overthinking it, but I imagined that this basically means that Jotaro's "fate" is just always going to be to die with his face being split open, regardless of when or how it happens.

Also, The Lord of Hats, just for the record to avoid confusion, Word of Araki is that Steel Ball Run is NOT the universe Emporio wound up in. It's just another parallel or alternate universe somewhere.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
How did he cause Diego's death again?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

I think this is a great middle ground for Iggy's head, it's a shame it can't stay like this.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
“Everyone tries to define this thing called Character. It's not hard. Character is doing fabulous poses when nobody's looking.”—Dwight L. Moody

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Aurain posted:

It takes me so long to figure out which one is Zenyatta. I have the Hol Horse + Mondatta volume too so I really ought to know by now.

They're Oingo and Boingo. Oingo is the older brother, Boingo is the younger brother. Good on you for supporting the official release but please refrain from using those awful heretical names.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

Tell him to eat poo poo, Goons.

Tell him yourself.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Being ambiguously half-black aside (or maybe he's Sicilian?), why would members of the Klan do business with a Catholic priest decked out in his cassock?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Diavolo has Doppio because he's a schizoid man, who lives in the 21st century.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Pomp posted:

Now I want to see what Araki could do with Funny Games or No Country for Old Men.

They'd use Mandom and Marilyn Manson, respectively.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Where on The World's body were the words written?
And more importantly, why was Pucci able to see it ?:fap:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
In the anime thread i said "There's no way your sword can beat my gun!"

If it goes too long without one of the anime-watchers complete the exchange, could one of you?

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 5, 2015

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

My favorite is purple haze because of how he's drooling and gross

I've always felt that Purple Haze having a clear, beak shaped visor is a poor design for a black and white comic book medium. It's really hard to cleanly depict that and the fact that I had to read Vento Aureo in lovely, poorly typeset Chinese scans didn't help.

It just distorts the face and distracts from the crazy eyes and drooling, sewn-shut mouth, which I think are really cool.

And stand evolution is cool when it actually makes sense. Echoes Act 1--->Echoes Act 2, is perfectly logical, going from physical, audible onomatopoeias to physical onomatopoeias that take the effect of the sound, but then Act 3 just the ability to make things heavier and becomes snarky. Or how Silver Chariot Requiem loses its sword and just walks around doing crazy things with light and shadow, making people fall asleep and bodyswap, and for like literally 2 pages makes extra-dimensional eldritch monsters grow inside people. And then GER is sort of consistent in that it gives people "eternal life" in a stupid bullshit way, to trump Diavolo's stupid bullshit power. And GER also demonstrated it didn't lose normal Gold Experience's powers, anyway.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Fungah! posted:

but yeah it's cool that the Sandman fight did right by the onomatopoeia effect power because it's super cool and a real testament to how lame koichi is that he couldn't come up with any neat ways to use it

It's like how the Green Lantern's power is limited only by his imagination and then he just makes loving hammers and anvils all the time.
(If in the comic books he actually does cool stuff I'm sorry)

Araki should do a one shot comic about a Green Lantern ring user. He'd be able to use that power to its logical limits.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

RatHat posted:

Yes. That's how Emporio defeated Pucci. You can be "rejected" by a stand though, like Jolyne was with Star Platinum.

Then why didn't Pucci load himself up with multiple stands at any point? He had dozens of them.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'm now really sad that we never get to see Kakyoin macking on Joseph's mom, nor Joseph's reaction to it.

For about a month Joseph was macking on Joseph's mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Do you think Giorno could have beaten Pucci if he wasn't goofing off at Disneyworld at the time?

• Locked thread