Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I don't understand how anyone can recommend anyone to skip any part in Jojo. Every single one of you can see plain as day that everyone has their own favorite parts and has their own opinions of which parts are and aren't good. Isn't that evidence enough that the person who you're talking to might have a wildly different opinion than you do on it? By telling someone "Oh, you can skip part 5 and you'll be fine" you might very well people robbing someone of what's potentially their favorite part of Jojo and I don't think any of you want that.

The only part I can see anyone reasonably skipping is Phantom Blood because that part is almost an entirely different comic than the rest in terms. (And to be honest aside from the beginning and the end it's just kind of boring overall). But even then it's small enough to only take maybe an hour or two to read through at the most and sets up the story for the entire rest of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
The best Stardust Crusaders fight is and shall forever be the "fight" with Oingo and Boingo.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm so goddamn excited for Oingo and Boingo you have no idea.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I think the new young Jonathan looks pretty good, he's certainly different from the original but I think it would still feel like the same character if we saw more of him in the new style.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I thought I heard somewhere that the dudes who did the good translation of part 4 were going to do 5 after they finished 4. Is that not a thing that occurred?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I've been slowly working my way through part 5 and even though the translation is shoddy, the stand fights are still really cool and the beatdowns are still loving brutal and, for me at least, that and the beautiful, beautiful art gives it enough charm on its own to make it an enjoyable read.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Jotaro kicking the living poo poo out of Dio is a perfectly reasonable prediction for someone to have. I know that's what I had expected to happen the entirety of the way through part 3, and really I find it hard to believe that anyone seriously expects something else to happen except for maaaybe some kind of team attack where the whole team would defeat Dio at once.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

This was amazing. Thank you.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I didn't even notice it until after the fight with Petshop when I read it.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Nessus posted:

Maybe they're modelling off this dogge:

That would be Danny if he'd lived to accompany Jonathan on his quest against Dio.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I can't wait until the show resumes so we can see more of Jotaro, Kayoin, Joespeh, Polnareff, Avdol and Iggy. I can't wait until the encounter with Oingo and Boingo, also for the encounter with the first D'Arby brother and for Iggy to fight Petshop!! I'm excited because Jojo is a fun show!

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
The Oingo and Boingo fight is the best fight in the series

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm only partway through part 6 but I understand that parts 7 and 8 take place in a different universe or timelines or some poo poo like that and I think that it would be really rad if in some point the different universes got merged together back into one and characters from the different universes met and all the Jojos teamed up together to go on an adventure and fight some super strong bad guy.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not understanding why all you teeth dudes are so against a Jojo all-part crossover. It could be really neat as like a big series climax or something.

Can someone explain, like, with words, why this wouldn't be cool as hell?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Dire posted:

Playable Diego, finally.

That's not how you spell Stroheim

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Dio probably promised the ape a couple of his lady friends, and the ape probably would have won if he hadn't gotten distracted by that girl Jojo & company brought along.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
What if the anime writers get Araki to write a new, good ending for Part 5 when they come around to it how sick would that be

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
what a beautiful duwang chew

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Yo, I was gonna use an image of when Kakyoin rejoins the Crusaders and has killer shades as an avatar, but would that be considered spoilers for folks in the anime thread?

e: This feels like a dumb question cause duh Kakyoin's gonna come back, but I really don't wanna spoil poo poo.

I don't think Kakyoin wearing sunglasses is a thing that people are going to think hard enough about to be convinced its a spoiler.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Didn't beef waifu himself post a pic showing Dio's rad heart tiara? that's about as much of a spoiler as Kakyoins sunglasses

Although if you want to wait for the reveal that's fair enough

Davinci fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 26, 2015

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-UvhVzbuqg

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I found another one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEws7cLNkxU

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Slick spoiler save in the anime thread

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Watch the anime and then read whatever has been released of the manga by the time you finish.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I always liked the idea that The World was Jonathan's stand, and that it's actual power was to just have all the living Joestar's stand powers. Joseph's Hermit People, Jotaro's time stop, etc.

You can handwave his lack of using Josuke's restore ability by just asking why would Dio want to ever fix anything he breaks?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Don't forget the part where they edit out Avdol, Iggy, and Kakyoin from ED.

Don't need to. They're already on the other side of the river

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I bet Holly's stand would be really cool if she had the fighting spirit to bend it to her will.

It would probably coil all up like a cross between Stone Free and hermit purple. It will be called Savage  Garden.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Part 4 has two well known translations.

The Duwang translations, which are terrible, but also beloved by many who have read them. They still manage to perfectly convey the Jojo spirit, and are also really funny at times. You can expect many, many people to post Duwang quotes when the anime gets to part 4. Not only is this translated badly, but it also looks bad. It uses low resolution black and white scans with shoddy ms paint drawn rectangles over the speech bubbles to write in.

There's also the new translation, I haven't read this one but I think it only uses colored scans and puts a decent amount of effort into making it look nice. This is an actually well done translation, and it even keeps some of the more iconic Duwang lines.

Basically if it looks bad and reads bad, you're reading Duwang, and if it looks and reads good you're reading the new one.

Also don't read part 4 until part 3 finishes, as it has major spoilers for part 3 in it.

Davinci fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 9, 2015

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I got the mineral gun and then in the first real fight I punched the nurse and got a game over.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Did you hear about the time Dio went golfing with the Stardust Crusaders?
He got a hole-in-one.

I feel bad for laughing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
You think The Sun stand could beat vampires?

• Locked thread