Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The latter two thirds of Part 3's scan/translation in the big collection link in the OP of the thread is low quality old scans.

Is there a collection of high quality links like the first two parts and the start of part 3 of that link, or is the low quality stuff the only thing available for now. If it's filesharing to answer though, ignore me.

e: I can buy them legit, so problem solved.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm fresh to the manga so I didn't even know I could get those.
I'd much rather have the real thing besides, so I'll have a look into getting those. Thanks!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I read that page just yesterday and twigged immediately that Rohan used his stand to write that down on him. It's not necessarily something that needs explicitly stating because it's obvious that that's how it happened.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

darealkooky posted:

How is it obvious when rohan has never done anything like that in all of part 4? (okay I guess "I'm going to fly in this direction" proves he can do impossible poo poo instead of just mind control, but still)

Did you also understand what ciccolata was sperging out about, even though the translation has him complaining about something completely different?

The only reason I can say it's obvious is because I understood it as that easily and I'm absolutely stupid as hell. Not much of an explanation, but yeah.

I haven't gotten to Ciccolata, but I don't care about spoilers which is why I'm ok with reading this thread.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is there a specific reason as to why things like Part 3 changed title from Jotaro Kujo: Heritage for the Future at some point to Stardust Crusaders, or was it a decision made when the volumes were released where they thought "this is a mouthful, it's now Stardust Crusaders".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MachuPikacchu posted:

Yeah, basically Giorno healed him shortly after/during death, thus keeping his soul in his dead body.

This is also how I interpreted it. The King Crimson "It just works" thing is a more than acceptable alternative theory to me though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've read up volume 94 now. Steel Ball Run is so drat good, holy crap.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

After finishing SBR, which was the best part so far for me, I'm around 20 issues into JoJolion. This is probably the weirdest part yet, and based on his appearance, I didn't think I'd like Gappy, but he's pretty awesome.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jonny Joestar might have had a cushy upbringing and easy life before the death of his brother and paralysis, but he comes out way too well from SBR. His "cameo" in JJL is brutal.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJolion is on hiatus next month, supposedly. :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They absolutely nailed Hail 2 U! but YES I AM is next episode!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Not really, I want to hear it in the episode proper.

Yeah, you don't blow the best bit in the preview but the tch tch tch is all you need to get people who know what is coming hyped as all hell.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oh god, that was beyond awesome.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nessus posted:

I assume his Stand did the pouring.

It was the work of an enemy 「Stand」, obviously.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

e: Hi /a/. Sorry I didn't credit the anonymous poster with his credit.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Aug 25, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My favourite Jotaro bullshitty thing is that he beats Enya because Star Platinum can breathe in Justice, even though Enya's goal is to get Justice inside JoJo to control him and there's nothing to suggest Star Platinum can do that prior to that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's quite hard to find out how much UV radiation regular fire actually emits. If the Sun was made up the same as the actual Sun, the crew would likely be very dead, very quick. If The Sun was just a big rear end fire ball in the sky, it leaves a lot larger room for debate unless you're a smarty pants scientist who knows how to figure out how much UV radiation is emitted by "regular" fire and scale it up and then compare it to the likes of Stroheim's lamps.

That said, JoJo has more holes in it than swiss cheese, so who really cares.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Friday is finally here.

Am I ready for Abdul's glorious return? YES I AM.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's so many tch, tch, tch's in this episode.
It's brilliant.

High Priestess is a two parter as well, though I'd be surprised if the second part wasn't at least half of the Egypt arrival and Iggy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How does GER work in the game?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's pretty amazing.

All of those MUDAMUDAMUDA :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jonathan did not translate to the new art all too well.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He probably just ran out of batteries.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Posting this here instead of the anime thread cause someone in there was wondering what a dio kars fusion would be like but gently caress if I wanna rile people up by showing Dio's outfit off lol

Yeah, that's absolutely magnificent. Thanks pal.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Someone wants me to write an article about JoJo for them for their site, a kind of welcome to JoJo thing. What image from parts 1-3 (up to where the anime is at) is the most "JoJo" in you guys opinions?

e: VVV This was my initial thought too, and it was always guaranteed a special section of its own.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 12, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They just showed what was in the manga, outfit and all.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Doesn't it also say something about Holly being too kindhearted and pure to have a stand, which also contributes to her illness.

Making a female character super kind and pure isn't exactly a step in the right direction, that being said.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Complaining about plot holes in JoJo is kind of dumb. There are plenty of them and they're sometimes killer, but it's irrelevant in the face of how fan-fuckin-tastic everything is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

umalt posted:

As a person who isn't a fan of Dio (note, not DIO); I wanna say Holy Diver is good for the ending credits on the episode where the group eventually meets DIO face-to-face as an 'oh poo poo!' moment, and then Rainbow in the Dark is for the moment where Jotaro inevitably gets the upper hand on DIO and shows the world the best beatdown ever seen.

I haven't read the series so I don't know if the manga actually plays out anything like this; but considering the conventions of Shonen it seems obvious.

This post over in the Anime thread kind of reads like an "educated" guess. I hope he's not trying to do that though because that's lame.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm reading Highway Star again at the moment.
Josuke breaks his motorcycle and then fixes it up.
He then grabs a phone in the next chapter and can't use it because it's broken.

How exactly is that a problem for him? It's weird that Araki forgot CD's power in a single chapter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gappy (Josuke 2).

Gappy would definitely knock one out to the Mona Lisa. I think he'd knock out out to pretty much anything actually.

Gappy is an amazing JoJo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JJL's Jotaro is Yoshikage Kira, because Holly Joestar-Kira's son was a Kira and not a Kujo.

Maybe.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

One more month until Beetle Tendency continues.

I don't know who invented that term in the first place, maybe someone on /a/, but I love them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Yoshikage Kira of Part 8 is a true blooded JoJo, yeah. He's the Jotaro equivalent on the family tree, being Holly Joestar's son.

We can't really say whether or not Josuke wasn't a JoJo before because for all intents and purposes, he's around 1 month old and a new person entirely, and not Yoshikage Kira or whoever else.

I find it hilarious however how he tried to go to school that one time, got into hassle and just thought "gently caress it".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

Interesting that Part 3 DIO won so overwhelmingly. Guy spends most of Part 3 reading in bed while sending his minions to attack the Joestars 1-2 at a time, but people think of him as a badass because of his fight against Jotaro.

I can't help but agree with the poll, considering what he did to that cat.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Much as I love DIO, it's hard to argue that Kira isn't the best.

I think it's quite important to separate villain from character. I don't think DIO is a great character, considering he actually does very little but he's a great villain.

Kira is a much better character, but probably not as good of a villain.

I can't not read Little Jolyne goes to Morioh every time I see it linked.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I loving love Kira as a villain, he's amazing, but I think DIO is a better villain none the less.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've seen those JoJo ball kicks a million times, but I never noticed YES I AM on Magician's Red until now.

I sincerely doubt you're going to find a .gif of the entire Steely Dan ORAORAORA in a high quality and decent resolution. It'd be a huge filsize. There's certainly a .webM out there, but I don't save those, and I'm pretty sure it's up on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

24 seconds of ORAORAORAORAORA is great, but just wait until we get to the 6 pages of MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA.

It surely has to clock in at a minute, at least. :allears:

• Locked thread