Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm reading through the manga now after getting into the series with the anime last year. I'm currently on the Mariah chapters in part three. Is her power... just laying down outlets for dumbasses to just stick their fingers in and become magnetized? That's kinda of amazing, and I want to know how she pitched that to DIO.

Also, people were talking about Jojo doujins earlier, and I'd like to point out my favorite:

I've never actually read it, I just think the cover is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

This is the gayest loving thing I've ever read. :allears:

I can't wait to see it animated.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

So you haven't read part 5 then? Just, like, in general?
Nah, I'm going in order. I've only read through one and two so far.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Kakyoin is now playing video games for the sake of everyone's souls. It's kind of jarring, but also the best.

edit:

Holy poo poo, it feels like I'm on /v/

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 5, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm sure everyone has made this joke, but I mean, Steel Ball Run is about one guy who touches another guy's steel balls, and then spends a long-rear end time alone with him on horseback.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I have no words. Just... beautiful.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Wait, why didn't they revive Kakyoin? If DIO's blood can heal a severed head, it should have no problem plugging up a hole through the abdomen. Couldn't Jotaro nor the Speedwagon Foundation be arsed enough to climb up and retrieve his body or something?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

But they revived Joeseph.

No one wants to go to New York with Joseph. :smith:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I- I think I'm just going to stop trying to think about it...

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm reading part 4 now. After the hostage situation, I'd have to say Josuke's power is pretty cool. It's weird looking at him though, because all I'm seeing is Jotaro's face with a silly pompadour.

Edit: Also I feel kind of weird about Joseph having an affair. That just... doesn't seem like him. Maybe young Joseph, but old Joseph is perfect...

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 6, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Iggy had the saddest death in part 3. Can't wait to see people react to him having the poo poo kicked out of him. Assuming all the other dog brutality hasn't desensitized them, holy gently caress.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Uh, is the Jorge Joestar novel canon? Is Dio Brando actually Jesus Christ?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Better yet, how did no one notice the chunk of chocolate sitting under the cup?

Edit: Why is Tamami so small now? What the gently caress?

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 7, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Wait, did Joseph slip in the chocolate? I thought D'arby was the one who did that.

edit: oh, nvm. I'd still assume that people would notice if there was a chunk of chocolate stuck under the glass.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Yeah, I got some mad Yu-Gi-Oh vibes from the D'arbys. It reminded me of the earlier arcs from before the series was focused on the card games. Early Yami was pretty hosed up.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Old Yu-Gi-Oh was hosed in all the right ways. I wish the didn't drop Yami being a loving sociopath in favor for marginalizing the card game, but that poo poo makes too much mad cash for them not to do that, so :shrug:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Yu-Gi-Oh literally becomes Card Games JoJo's Bizarre Adventure so how you are mad it became that is baffling.
Does Yami set anyone on fire?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Well then...

Also, I should probably elaborate, I'm not angry about the premise of Yu-Gi-Oh changing or anything, and I'm not saying what it became was awful. Just disappointed that such an interesting concept was pushed aside, that's all.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

On the other hand, selling knives to children far more metal.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Wait, so in the People Of Morioh-Cho chapter of Part 4, what was that Shigechi-looking turtle thing following Okuyasu? Was that just Shigechi's spirit chillin' or something?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Oh poo poo, right. They just told everyone to meet up.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 18, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Cross-post from the anime thread:

Butt Ghost posted:

Oh poo poo, status update on a possible part 4 adaption. It'll be green lit based of the support of Stardust Crusaders, and the decisions of the people involve. (This means yes, right?)

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

But what happens if we get to the adaption of Jojolion before Livin' la Vida Loca Libre is finished?

Edit: I'm on the "Cat That Loved Kira" chapters of part 4, and I'm getting some really conflicting feelings. Kira is a loving sociopath, but I can't help but think it's kinda cute that a loving sociopath is showing feelings for a woman.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jun 22, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I really wanted to sperg about the ending of part 4, but the forums went down the day i finished it, and my reaction's died down. I'd say part 4 is my favorite so far, and I'm really sad to have seen it end. It felt like it could have just kept going on and on. I'm also presently surprised that non of the really main characters died a horrible death this time around. Part 4 was just fun overall, and I'm currently reading part 5. I'm up to one of the Sex Pistols chapters right now, and I'm really liking it. Why is part 5 one of the least liked parts outside of Japan?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

My scans of part 5 just transitioned to the bad translation. This is nearly unreadable. I mean, everything's in English, but not in any way that makes sense. I feel like they just translated this super-literally. I'm surprised that this is an Ignition One gig. I don't recall their translations of parts 1 and 2 being nearly this bad.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 26, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Part 5 has the least to do with the overall story but it does feature the return of a certain Frenchman aka the best part 3 non-Jojo character.
Oh, you mean the main character of part 3? I'm pretty sure he got more focus than any other character, and I'm A-okay with that.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

His grades skyrocketed after Yukako tutored him.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Speaking of which are there any wrestlers in Jojo? It just seems like the logical conclusion of cartoonish, posing muscle men is wrestling
I really want to see John Cena and his stand Soulja Boy go up against The Undertaker and his stand Don't Fear the Reaper.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Battle Tendency is a good read, but you won't get anything new out of reading it if you watched the anime, if that's what you're asking. David Productions did a really good job of making the anime 1:1 to the manga.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Maybe we'll get a decent translation of part 5 in the near future, if they're already going to be pumping out parts 1-3 by the start of next year.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

And Elvis was abducted by aliens.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

All Star or not, I'd like to see an All Star AMV about Kira being Kira by the time Part 4 rolls around. Say what you want, but he never stopped following his dreams.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 10, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I know the context of all this, and I still don't know what the gently caress I'm looking at

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I've reached King Crimson's introduction in part 5. So, like, is his power just reverting things to where they've never happened or something? I mean, nothing he's done so far seems to suggest that, it's just the only thing that "remove time" could sound like to me. But they're also saying he can see into the future, so is his power actually just prediction? So far all he's done is teleport around and remove chunks from pillars, I guess I can see how he can teleport around if he knows what his opponent will do, but how does he remove chunks of pillars? Also, if his power is prediction and not reverting time, how does Trish have her arm back? Why would the boss even give her back her arm? Also everyone keeps throwing around "conscience." I know this translation is botched, but what the gently caress do they mean by "this is the power of my conscience" or some poo poo?

edit: wait, no, if he can revert time, then he can predict movements, since all he has to do is experience a moment, rewind(?) time, then avoid that moment.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jul 22, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

So, since the punch actually hitting the boss no longer happened, he comes out unscathed? That's... much simpler than I thought it'd be.

e: at this point, I'm also a little lost as to why Bruno isn't a Jojo instead. Giorno's just kinda there, and sometimes he feels like a Mary Sue.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jul 22, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

darealkooky posted:

Ah, then I can't agree with that either. Giorno is hardly perfect (even with the bad english translation dude has a lot of quirks) and he only succeeds at everything the same way most jojo's do.

A something about Giorno compared to every other jojo is that he almost never wins a fight without help, even against Bruno he would've been hosed if Bruno didn't hold back at the last second because a nearby child was taking drugs and it threw him off.
Eh, it seems to me like just about every fight Giorno's been involved with, sans when he's the main fighter (which I think has only been twice thus far,) couldn't have been won without him swapping objects to life and turning the tide of battle. Then whoever he's assisting goes "This man is perfect."

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

He said it last episode I think.

Is Giorno also considered Jonathan's son, since it was Jonathan's dick DIO was using?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Joseph was sick or something in part 4. At the end it says he made a recovery, so I guess he was just feeling really down about Suzy being mad at him.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Batman would be pretty wicked with a Stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Is Doppio just an alternate personality of the boss who thinks he's one of the boss' subordinates?

• Locked thread