Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

MelvinBison posted:

Never knew that. Thanks.

Did you never realize the sites you found on google could just be used directly? I'm baffled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I loved Part 1 animated for a lot of reasons but specifically with as limited animation as it had cuz just felt right for that part of the manga.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Mr. Maltose posted:

Tarkas and Bruford rocked.

Not to mention the hilariously racist Wang Chung.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Well it makes sense what with how they actually finish shows and move onto new material a lot. It gets a little confusing with longer running programs though yeah.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I liked jonathan a lot too, but then again I was introduced to jojo through the anime. He's not my favorite but I don't dislike him in the least. A gentleman muscle-man that is surprisingly naive at times in such a huge body is just so fun. That he's the counter point of hilariously over the top, needlessly dickish DIO is just icing on the cake.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Hahaha joseph collects comic books?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Dan of Steel

Was that (and the other name changes, for that matter) a copyright/trademark thing or a mistranslation?

You can hear him say "Steely Dan" over the subtitles. Not that "Dan of Steel" isn't a pretty great play on words.

Uhhh yeah. Just like j giel is called centerfold in the subtitles.

Edit:god bless this mess

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The shame is the no one can speculate in that thread without some fuckwit going "oh you'll see :smug: " or just flat out saying the answer, instead of loving off.

Looking up fan art for a story that's been out for 20 years is retarded though..

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Every time there's a ton of new posts my first thought is immediately "ah, they've found another stand generator haven't they"

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

How have the part 2 / 3 br been? I know there was a shitload of de-censoring and redraws for part 1.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Pomp posted:

I'm just sad because I thought maybe there might be something neat to play on the vita for once. :saddowns:

Hahahaha on the vita not likely.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Uznare posted:

David Production only did minor inbetweening for that. They did not produce that show in any way. That was all TMS.

Yeah I was about to say, the reason people are so surprised with DP is how great they've treated jojo while being almost totally unknown. I was like, "wait the only thing DP did of note before JoJo was Ben-To, not mother fuckin Lupin anything"

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

LvK posted:

like dogs?

Psh if it's dogs araki knows exactly what to do.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Just report them.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

SALT CURES HAM posted:

...pretty much the only thing that spoils is that Jotaro survives part 3, though? "Jotaro has a kid at some point" tells you nothing about the plot of Stone Ocean.

e: also, the heroes having kids who go on to be protagonists is literally the central gimmick of JoJo

It doesn't matter there are literally two threads dedicated to jojo so "actually a spoiler" or not everyone in the other thread needs to close their loving mouth about poo poo that's past the latest episode.

It's such a loving simple concept that I'm not sure how motherfuckers who own a credit card can't stop loving up over and over.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

If you think Dio is less threatening than the loving Pillar Men, you are insane. Dio has always been more cunning and under-handed than them and Joseph.

Joey Jo Jo would punk Dio hard.... in the 1930s. Dio with The World is only even touchable cuz Jotaro's punch man has the same ability. Plenty of other stand users could get Dio but certainly not Joseph, in his prime or not.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Do we ever get some good rear end narration about anyone but Johnathon being the Perfect Gentleman.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I know we are getting some good Jojo releases now but it baffles me that so much of the manga has only been available to the west in poo poo garbage scan / translation form for so long

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I want him to redraw as much as possible to piss off people who are mad about things that are different.

Big fancy mans are better than androgynous fancy mans

(big androgynous fancy mans are the best)

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Second part of part 3 is the best why would you skip it. Dumb as hell.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

lol wait why would dio go up to an ape and be like "yeah this'll do" *STAND*

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

he's a dumb ape

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Post it backwards so parents and mods cant tell

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

PU...MA MAN, HE FLIES LIKE A MO...RON

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I hope dio wins cuz he remembered him power

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I think 3 cour would have been perfect; enough room without cutting deeply, but fast paced as heck.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Isn't simpler to assume it's based on the actual phrase "whole horse"?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Pomp posted:

I am not ready for people to start dying next friday.

I am very ready

[I like everyone, and avdol 2 is gonna have way more impact than boring avdol 1, but aside from dog getting maimed it's been a lonnnnng stretch of relatively low stakes feeling jojo especially after the shortness and plot packedness of p1 and 2]

DamnGlitch fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 1, 2015

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Admiring Dio's package atm

rear end to mouth

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

zeppeli v dio???

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

How much more of the darby fight is there? Does avdols death come up that quickly after?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Kinda. He's right that BT is better, but he's wrong thinking that automatically means SC is dumb and bad.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

hoobajoo posted:

I don't think it makes much difference, people are starting a lot over very little. I can see how ripple suggests at certain themes of the show, plus it's just a normal word in Japanese. But karate also is just 'empty hand', and English leaves that well enough alone. I like the way Hamon sounds in English, but I dunno how half of you care so goddamned much about this tiny point.

Think about this: every person who has ever said karate, especially with a lovely accent, sounds like an incredible douche.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

umalt posted:

Plus it's so sad knowing that nearly half of the group is now out of commission and you are stuck seeing them have the times of their lives in the ED.

Lol

dogsicle posted:

Honestly I expected Avdol to be edited out of the ED, but maybe we'll get there next week.

Stop fishing in the anime thread dude.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

jonathon should just be a head with angel wings tbh

[altho his rugby linebacker body is pretty hilarious]

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

From the anime thread:

Yeah, enjoy it while it lasts...

I laughed at that pretty hard too

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I can't believe it but I think the OVA made dio's hair look better. It looks like poo poo in the show.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

yeah those shoes are pretty lame he looks a bit too much like darby 2 with the weird tiny ankle shoes thing

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

That's fine for moving people and candlesbut dio literally had to crawl under hol horse to get behind those spider webs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ironically Alessi was probably the most potentially dangerous out of all the stands in part 3.

If he touched DIO for even a second, The World's gone and he's just a normal vampire.

E: although even if he was there for like 20 seconds it would downgrade him from The Murderking to vampire to a 6'5 rugby player so Alessi's probably hosed either way

Thought experiment: what if touching dios head only deaged his head, / jon's body only deaged jons body????

• Locked thread