Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Looking for some well written drama, or a serious action/war series, something that resembles of Legend of Galactic Heroes, Monster, Now and Then Here and There, or Casshern Sins, but isn't driven by romance plots or Saikano levels of depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Someone recommended Clannad: After Story to me after I mentioned to them that I liked Kare Kano and AnoHana. Is it pretty good? Also, do I need to watch the first Clannad series first for it to make sense?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Yeah, I really loved AnoHana, but it was pretty blatantly designed it feels like to make the viewers cry a lot. Which it succeeded at when I watched it.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Probably looking more for manga than anime here so I have stuff I can read on the bus, but looking for some character study style drama. Can be romance/mystery/etc, with or without supernatural elements are ok, just stuff that really focus more on the characters than events and do a good job of making the audience care about the characters. I guess for examples of what I'm looking for: recently watched/read Only Yesterday and Goodnight, Punpun; which both fit what I'm looking for while being otherwise really different.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mikl posted:

March Comes In Like a Lion and The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer.

Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer didn't catch my interest the first time o checked it out, but I'll give it another shot and look at your other suggestion and Ashitaka no Joe. Chihayafuru and Silver Spoon I've watched/read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
It was definitely a pretty different interpretation from the Lupin stuff that was current at the time, but I think the later Lupin series kind of went more toward the side of "noble thief" anyway (maybe because of Cagliostro)? I enjoy most Lupin stuff, but Cagliostro probably remains my third favorite anime film after Only Yesterday and Kiki's Delivery Service.

• Locked thread