Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Turns out my new job has an order od magnitude more downtime than I expected. Looking for some manga series to kill a couple of hours a day.

Death Note (1st half)
Lone Wolf and Cub
Hajime no Ippo
Kenichi
Chihayafuru
GTO
Sword Art Online

Dislikes:
Elfen Lied
Accel World

Can't remember much more off the top of my head. For anime, I prefer to watch things that seem to be targeted a bit older (Planetes, Spacebros, Nana, Black Heaven).

Suggestions welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

thorsilver posted:

Can anyone recommend me some decent baseball-related anime to watch? I've got Inazuma Eleven on my list for football, but now that the MLB season's started I'm on a baseball kick. I'm looking for something fairly realistic on the baseball side, but I don't mind something a bit over-the-top if it's fun enough (hence my interest in Inazuma). I'd like something that really carries off the tension of the pitcher-batter showdown, gives it a bit of drama.

I'm open to other sports anime, too (been curious about Eyeshield 21, for example) but baseball is what I'm most keen on for the moment.

Major

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Silver2195 posted:

Try Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or Liar Game.

Liar Game was good. How does One Outs compare?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm looking for something psychological, with a bit of anime plot weirdness. I really like all of Satoshi Kon's stuff, and Lain is one of my favorites of all time. Is there something out there like that?

Also, I love shows that have conventional plots, but with the main character being a horrible, broken person. Is there anything outside of Evangelion that's like that?

It's not 100% in either bucket, but it sounds like you'd like Baccano.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Also, if you want horrible and broken, Welcome to the NHK pretty much defines it. The manga's better, if you'd rather go that way.

Also, Saikano and Elfen Leid, but I'd never suggest anyone watch those unironically.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Also, Gunslinger Girl is full of broken people, but I didn't care for it, so YMMV.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The Black Stones posted:

Okay, do you want a show that just has romance and happy characters? Or you want quirkly and happy, but also with a horribly broken main character? Becuase if it's the second there is close to nothing that I can think of that would fit the bill because that character type and that style of story telling does not go together at all.

Says ~The Black Stones~.

To be fair, Hachi is quirky and happy most of the time, despite being incredibly broken

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Smoking Crow posted:

No. Disregard my first post entirely. I'm looking for an entirely different set of shows to get in on. No broken people. Just happiness as far as the eye can see.

K-On! :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cake Attack posted:

Bokurano. I've only read the manga though, and apparently the anime makes some changes that seem off to me, so I'm really only recommending the manga.

Bokurano manga - A+
Bokurano anime - C-
Bokurano anime OP - :allears:

• Locked thread