Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ViggyNash posted:

Also Kyousogiga is absolutely amazing and everyone should watch it.

I haven't seen Barakamon yet but I believe that this sentence is unarguably correct and the ending of Kyousougiga is heartwarming as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I don't know about any of his other stuff because I've only had time for Mind Game but Mind Game is really really awesome and I would recommend it as a first experience with Yuasa.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Space Dandy. Also, agreed on Kyousougiga.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Yeah, the ONA is just kind of a series of cool animation, but the bigger series itself has a pretty coherent story and that's actually one of my favorite parts. Besides, I think any bits that are just crazy cool stuff in the middle of that are perfectly fine because hell, why not? It's well-animated!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Punchline is fun, but it also has fanservice as a major plot device. There's actually way less of it after the halfway point, though. It also does take itself pretty seriously at times, but the writing is pretty ridiculous and over-the-top overall.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Nichijou, Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta/Hoshi no Umi/Tsuki ni Naku, Samurai Champloo, Space Dandy.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Baldbeard posted:

I'm not really a big anime watcher, but I just finished kyousogiga after seeing it in the GIF thread and I really enjoyed it. Any recommendations on more serious or mature story-telling series like this? Stuff like school boy unlocks special powers + many upskirt shots immediately turns me off of a series, and I find myself having to watch like 20 pilots before finding something I can stick with.

Other things I've enjoyed over the years:
FMA: Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Berserk

Samurai Champloo

Maybe Blood Blockade Battlefront?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
If we're recommending Yuasa then Kaiba is totally fantastic.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Linnaeus posted:

There's also gatchaman, wakakozake, working, etc

CR does a good job of picking up the good shows

TheEye posted:

Shirobako.

These are all fantastic recommendations and I second all of them

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

This is what the original VN art looked like.

:v:

I would hold hands with them.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Legend of the Galactic Keion-buta

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Bad Seafood posted:

Terrorists have kidnapped the president's daughter and will execute her unless I can recommend him a good anime to watch that isn't LOGH.

Hyouka.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Terper posted:

Here is where I would put my Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer anime recommendation, if I had one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Punchline isn't any sort of "escape the room" mystery thing, it's really just all the hyperactive, wacky, silly, crazy, fun, colorful parts of Uchikoshi's writing letting themselves out, along with some much crazier mystery stuff even than he usually writes. It is amazing, though.

• Locked thread