Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Golden Battler posted:

If you're following the LP they use it as the map theme of the final gaiden chapter

Oh, thanks for the heads up! I haven't been following the LP since I usually wind up playing the games myself, but I think I was on an early enough patch of FMW4 and it crashed on me and I hadn't picked it up since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

El Burbo posted:

Hmm

Can't wait for all the fanart of Miko riding Saki

https://twitter.com/tsujurili/status/1160934983206227969

https://twitter.com/hellindangr/status/1160785730496413696

Zun really needs to have Miko tied into the peripheral of every game from now on, TBH.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

mm, good

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Clarste posted:

The Yakuza are all goasts, the robots are immune to goasts though because they have no souls. So the Goast Yakuza have to go call in the Cleaners, ie: Reimu.

Is the Extra Stage Reimu coming in to break the Yakuza's kneecaps because they haven't paid her yet?

Because that's something I could see happening.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Did not expect the game to swerve into a gang war betwene yakuza and robots but I am here for it

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kevos Setzer posted:

Is the Extra Stage Reimu coming in to break the Yakuza's kneecaps because they haven't paid her yet?

Because that's something I could see happening.

The Eagle spirit at least does actually pay her in the ending. With real cash money. They turn the shrine into a tourist trap for Animal Spirits, and Kasen comes in just to dramatically sigh at the camera.

Um... I feel like I should explain things more generally.

There are big four Yakuza families in the Beast World/Animal Realm.

The Kiketsugumi are led by Yachie, who is a dragon-turtle that you can't even imagine going up against. Like, that's her power: to make people lose the will to fight her. She's the cunning type who uses clever schemes to get what she wants. She's kind of the main villain in this game, but you also end up doing exactly what she wants.

The Keigagumi are led by Saki, who's a black pegasus (and Miko's former mount?). She's a musclehead who only respects raw power and those brave enough to use it. She dreams of ruling the Beast World, the Human World, and Hell and fully believes that she can. She's a little oni-like.

The Gouyaku Alliance is led by someone named Toutestu (also known as Taotie, for you mythology buffs), who doesn't show up in the game but gets talked about by Saki in the Extra stage. Toutestu is apparently a selfish bastard whose underlings suffer for it. The Gouyaku Alliance is defined by arrogance and looking down on people so it checks out.

The last of the major Yakuza Families is unnamed and has no presence in the game, but they're defined by subterfuge: traps, poisons, and camouflage.

Anyway, Yachie convinces three of the families to work together to take down Keiki, who's not a Yakuza but is muscling in on their territory and stealing their resources (ie: protecting people from them; Yachie specifically says that all people are resources to her). After Keiki is out of the picture, Saki immediately starts her own war and that's the Extra Stage.

There's also some other stuff regarding who Keiki is exactly and why she's doing what she's doing.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
hell yeah touhou gang war

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Clarste posted:

She dreams of ruling the Beast World, the Human World, and Hell and fully believes that she can.

Yeah that's Miko's horsie alright.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

The last of the major Yakuza Families is unnamed and has no presence in the game, but they're defined by subterfuge: traps, poisons, and camouflage.

probably tewi posse

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Tewi would be running the entire animal yakuza in a year if she wanted to.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

oh so that's what the temples on your head mean

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Merilan posted:

oh so that's what the temples on your head mean

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, those torii are over shadow reimus crotch.

Dont people have to pass through torii before entering the grounds of the shrine?

And donations are deposited in her 'mouth'.

Is that image subtly implying reimu will do anything for visitors/donations?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Pharohman777 posted:

Wait, those torii are over shadow reimus crotch.

Dont people have to pass through torii before entering the grounds of the shrine?

And donations are deposited in her 'mouth'.

Is that image subtly implying reimu will do anything for visitors/donations?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is the Pegasus cowboy missing an arm or is that another ZUN Art Affectation

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

spell practice keeps crashing and then i have to restart my computer to get the game running normally again :negative:

apparently it's my keyboard causing this, somehow

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 13, 2019

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

this one is reminding me more and more of yuugi's horn looking like the final fantasy summoner's

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Captain Invictus posted:

Is the Pegasus cowboy missing an arm or is that another ZUN Art Affectation

Literally no one knows. Maybe we'll find out in an interview later.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

The Gouyaku Alliance is led by someone named Toutestu (also known as Taotie, for you mythology buffs), who doesn't show up in the game but gets talked about by Saki in the Extra stage. Toutestu is apparently a selfish bastard whose underlings suffer for it. The Gouyaku Alliance is defined by arrogance and looking down on people so it checks out.

Anyway, Yachie convinces three of the families to work together to take down Keiki, who's not a Yakuza but is muscling in on their territory and stealing their resources (ie: protecting people from them; Yachie specifically says that all people are resources to her). After Keiki is out of the picture, Saki immediately starts her own war and that's the Extra Stage.

There's also some other stuff regarding who Keiki is exactly and why she's doing what she's doing.

Since all the mangas are ending I have to assume one thing:

The next manga series will be Gang Land featuring the other 2 factions

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Workin' on Thread 7, Thread 6 is Ancient

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Touhou (thread) 7 - Perfect lovely Posting

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
Boundary of Effortpost and Shitpost

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Workin' on Thread 7, Thread 6 is Ancient

but if the thread gets to 1000 pages, it becomes a tsukumogami

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Clarste posted:

Literally no one knows. Maybe we'll find out in an interview later.

I'm counting on you to dash to the thread the instant you discover the findings either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
New thread. Time to put this old dumb thread to bed.