Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

JosephWongKS posted:

But sometimes they get hats in subsequent games, like Byakuren.

Maybe they'll invent something new, like a Touhou with a detachable hat. Or multiple hats. And a store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

New Bomber Grape comic translated. Features Reimu eating more dirt, and Futo getting tricked.

I couldn't find it uploaded on any reader sites yet, so here's the mediafire link: <link removed for risqué themes>

Rectus fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 19, 2013

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Fighting Falken posted:

This also makes me wonder how many people are fans but have never even touched a single game. It's not a big deal or anything, but I'm sure it's not a small number.

I'd imagine number is pretty high, at least in Japan where the PC is a niche gaming platform. The amount of players would probably explode if ZUN released the games on consoles/smartphones. Too bad there aren't any popular ones that mesh with his self-published physical media philosophy. I'd love to be able to play Touhou on my phone.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT posted:

Isn't every single arrange of her theme trying to sound melancholy? You can just search youtube for [green eyed jealousy] and get hundreds of background-music-to-sad-movie songs.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G63LyAUAomA

That arrange reminds me of this wonderful version of Alice in Wonderland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSpxN1v81l0

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

There is a new comic by Karaagetarou out, this one featuring more of Nitori's crazy inventions. It's being translated on danbooru, and only about a third of it is done, but but it seems to be getting completed fast.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/7783 (standard danbooru :nws: warning)

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Also I should probably post these here too.

Wow, that soundtrack is awesome. Any chance of getting a batch download of those songs?

e: Thanks!

Rectus fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 21, 2014

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

That game is just begging for some surf music arranges.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

WaHH 23 is out on the wiki! Thank you leatherfedora. In which Reimu accidentally becomes a shrine maiden.

Seems like ZUN really liked the plot in Miko Miko Suika. Thanks for translating this.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Manslaughter posted:

I'm making a fangame please tell me this idea hasn't been done already

Yes it makes the exact same sounds

It really needs Shinmyoumaru as an egg type.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Nages posted:

Rude. Post your favorite ghosts itt.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Artificer posted:

What are they even fighting against? A Moon Rabbit invasion?

More importantly, what would they use as rookies?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Well, OpenXcom seems to be really moddable...

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

It could work with using soldiers with random protagonist (they die so often anyway) and human character sprites, and most of the aliens replaced with stage enemies.

e: Lunar Capital or Bust.

Rectus fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 3, 2015

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

amuayse posted:

Why is Shou such a useless character for a stage 5 boss?

The real boss is the pagoda, Shou is only there to hold it. Those curved lasers... :argh:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

the wildest rear end posted:

So who can decipher the silhouette

She has a leg, so it can't be Mima.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Clearly Eirin has been injecting Reisen with human DNA.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Interesting music style choices. Ichirins theme sounds like something out of the old Sonic games.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

leather fedora posted:

If anyone remembers the Dancing Phantasmagoria album released by Mapoze a while back, they're making a similar release for the upcoming Reitaisai: http://mapoze.com/pub/hihu-dance/

Ever wanted to hear bluegrass and salsa arrangements? You're in luck!

Those songs sound awesome.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Daedalus1134 posted:

Yeah, when Playism said they were bringing Touhou to the west, this isn't really what I expected. Still bought it, because it's nice to get it officially, but if I knew this was all it was I would have just got it on the JP store months ago.

The zip file you download extracts to a mojibake folder, if you don't rename it the game quits on launch. That is probably the app locale thing people are dealing with... orz

At least the Windows built-in .zip extension extracts the directory name correctly. Guessing that most zip archivers don't handle Unicode properly.

e: Also the resolution selection dialog is in English now.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

P. sure this is the only true way to play touhou:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

I hit a brick wall with Doremi, I have no idea how to clear the card where she spawns a circle of tiny bullets around you. Flying out of the circle works, but I then get boxed in by the next wave.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

a cartoon duck posted:

Do you mean her second spell card where the bullets spiral around you? Because at least on Normal you just gotta follow the spiral and you're in the clear. If you mean the laser one, you just gotta stay in the center and then get good at dodging ricocheting laser volleys.

Yeah, I was playing on easy, and didn't even notice the spiral, it looks almost symmetrical.

:argh:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Justus posted:

What even the gently caress is going on here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eblYnGhv1Qk

I didn't know they added Hisoutensoku to Xbox Live.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

amuayse posted:

At the same time, a metallic spider appeared around the mountain.

Wild Wild East?!

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

HellCopter posted:

Kosuzu is gonna be the chillest Youkai ever though. Then again, the gang beat up Tokiko for no reason. Buncha racists.

Yeah, but then they'll throw a party and get drunk together, and everything will be all right. ...right?!

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So I can't imagine Reimu would attack Kosuzu, even if she did commit the greatest crime in Gensokyo. She would still probably not be too happy though.

She's going to be in a hell of a dilemma if she believes that villagers turning into youkai are dnagerous for Gensokyo. Though Kozuzu is pretty much going to be guaranteed to have plot fantasy maiden armor.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

amuayse posted:

Shiki Eiki Yamaxanadu is my favorite

Don't you mean Yamada.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

There is something that looks like dango on the far right. Powered up Ringo confirmed for last boss!

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Oh, is it fanart posting time?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

CommissarMega posted:

Also it's been like a whole 24 hours since I posted that and I haven't seen a single 'Mistakes into Miracles' comment. I'm very disappointed in you guys.

That's what the weird fanart thread is for?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Which is the best tune of LoLK?

The extra stage theme is good too. That bass.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

CLOWNPIECE

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

She has three bodies, one in the Spirit World, one on Earth, and one on the moon. The comic imagines that each of her different bodies is wearing a different cheesy shirt, and the residents of each place all make fun of her respectively.

Only three bodies?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Raiko owns.

Reposting this Setz comic just because.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

amuayse posted:

I believe Reimu killed her, yes

What if Reimu killed Mima too?!

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Gotta post the last one too. Reimu eat the animal food.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

How many unsmug Junkos are there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Inari's Futo best Futo.