Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Could someone please explain all the drama surrounding the wiki vs. wikia split?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Reimu's arms go down to her calves :stare:

Any speculation if there be any integration plot-wise with the new fighting game? Does ZUN write the plots for both? Since one is entrenched firmly in the religion arc while the other is a step away from it, I'm wondering if he will try to limit the total number of new characters.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
The TFRest Touhou.

Which one would be the BYOBest?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
While arrangements are being slung about, could everyone post the saddest, most tear-jerking arrange of Parsee's theme they have? There seems to be a really melancholy core to the song that nobody really seems to express.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Can anyone help me find a specific arrange of Nuclear Fusion? It was the one that featured H-bomb test footage and started with a voiceover, followed by a mellotron-esque organ arrange. It's disappeared from Youtube so my bookmarks don't help, and the title was the same as the original song's so it's proving hard to find...

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Does the focus shot for Reimu A in DDC do more or less damage than the normal shot? It should be more damaging like most focus shots (except... Youmu in TD?), but it doesn't really feel that way.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT posted:

There used to be a video on YouTube (now sadly deleted) that started out with stock footage of nuclear tests and a voiceover from Oppenheimer, then an excellent siren to introduce the music.
This one? (I found the title of the deleted video and searched for a reupload)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GreLNn-2-o

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Well, obviously, it's to play imaginary games with.

*Holds Marisa on broomstick figurine and makes "WHOOOSH" noises with mouth*

*holds up Spider-Man*

"Master SPAAAARK!" *PSHOOOW*

So who would be the Touhou Cobra Commander?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Nothing really stood out besides Shibayan's arrange of Night Sakura; Monochrome in the Night, I think?

The crossfade for the new Shibayan release makes it all sound like boring nu-disco. Is it all like that or are there any more typical EDM-style tracks?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

...and shifted the mirror for the Lunar Laser Ranging experiment out of alignment, because they're dicks like that.

The laser ranging experiment is actually a retroreflecting array of orthogonally-opposed mirrors, so it's impossible to misalign. It always reflects light right back where it came from no matter the angle of incidence. Silly rabbits.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I saw a Reimu A DDC run that spammed focus/unfocus to deal what seemed like crazy high damage with the homing purification rod. Is this a legitimate tactic or were they just showing off?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
How big is the human village supposed to be? It supports multiple bars/restaurants, some people are still strangers, but it has a school class size of ~7. Maybe it's just 1000-2000 people and only the elites get an education?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

Clarste posted:

...Marisa tripped over its root and Reimu claimed that the shrine's god had saved her from walking off a cliff.

A dubiously useful blessing, considering that everyone besides Kosuzu can fly.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
There's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA3PdgX_E8Y

But I'm guessing the song they're looking for just shares visuals and nothing else.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Stay safe poverty ghost

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
TD is the best because you can play Youmu. Also it's easy enough that a complete beginner (me) with little patience for endless dying can 1cc normal difficulty on their first or second attempt. I think it was one of the first games where you could 1cc on Easy and still get the good endings too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Miko is insufferably smug, 10/10