Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
just came in here to say human god sword "eternal truth" is the most fun pattern in touhou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

amuayse posted:

Do you also like Reverse Bow "Decree of the Dream Bow of Heaven & Earth" ?

I guess I gotta get around to playing DDC if it has a cool card like that!

e: Human Sword gets extra points for being right next to cards like hell sword: literally impossible and six realms sword: I hear there's a safespot or something?

nrook fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 10, 2015

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I am so dizzy right now

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I haven't played a Touhou game in 5 years but I just picked this one up, we'll see how it goes

Fake edit: I was hoping in those 5 years curvy lasers died tbh

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Huh, extra lives are pretty pricey in Hidden Star in Four Seasons. I may need to actually understand the game's scoring now.

Looking at the mechanics, I guess I should be saving up season points to cancel lots of bullets at once, so the point objects go up in value. Then all the point cards will be worth tons of points and Reimu can finally fund her 401(k). It's nice to have to care about score even if I just want to clear the game.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Ooh, it's really clever that in Hidden Star in Four Seasons, the final spell card has four parts, one for each season. But in the Extra Stage, the final spell card has five parts, representing the extra fifth season.

I usually find extra stages tedious, but I think this one was really good; it was fun to play with the new mechanics, and there were a lot of weird spell cards that couldn't have worked otherwise.

e: Aunn owns

nrook fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 3, 2017

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

A fighting game between people "taken over by a completely different person". Early screenshot:

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I just played SA again for the first time in several years.

I know ZUN likes to experiment with each game, but I'm still surprised he made a Touhou game without bombs.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Anybody know where the Fantasy Maiden Wars E English patch can be found? I did manage to buy the game (it's on sale! ...I think), but I can't find a translation patch, only a bunch of dead links.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Cool, thanks for responding so quickly

Is there a version of the patch which is compatible with the latest version, 1.2.0? It's not the end of the world if there isn't, I should be able to find a 1.1.2 copy of the game somewhere, but I figured I'd ask.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Nook posted:

There isn't one of 1.2.0, and it's likely there never will be one, since the group that made it is inactive, and our tools don't work on the first game.

Oh, OK. I'll just track down a version of 1.1.2, then.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I just spent several minutes trying to figure out why Aya wasn't showing up with the other Mountain of Faith characters

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Concealed Four Seasons not high enough. recount please.

I don't know what you're complaining about, it got 6th place

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

If only there was a doofy ghost figurine

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Current mood: I just died three times in a row failing to safespot Recollection "Border of Wave and Particle"

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I don't know if Kasen belongs in a list of scary touhous, she's mostly armless.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

When am I getting my fortune telling ghost figurine, huh

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Doesn’t Marisa get 8 power in Subterranean Animism with Alice as a partner? Or am I misremembering how that actually worked

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Wasn't there an issue of Wild and Horned Hermit where everyone thought Reimu was depressed but she actually just stayed up way too late reading lovely novels

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I never played any of the touhous between SA and four seasons; which of them were the most fun?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Thanks, sounds like it's time to go beat up some gnomes

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I should probably play that too, shoot the bullet is one of my favorite games in the series. I think it really conveys what makes Touhou’s design unique in a small, punchy package

Also I can’t play as Youmu because I never learned the safe spot on her midboss card on stage 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Can’t believe I cannot play Touhou on Windows Vista