Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Nages posted:

Brave blocking is parrying,
Now I want to see people pull off this crazy parrying in touhou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

BlitzBlast posted:

It was a thing that Reimu doesn't train because she doesn't need to,
She did train for what she needed. It takes her like 4-5 pc-98 games before she figure out how to fly and stopped riding on Genji's back. What she gifted at is mastering stuff really quickly so she can become really powerful at whatever she bother to train at.

And also this:

Touhou Wiki posted:

Although Reimu has successfully resolved the incidents in each major Touhou game, it's possible that her win rate throughout the actual events of the games was not 100%. Perfect Memento in Strict Sense states that Reimu likes to request rematches until she finally wins. In essence, Reimu apparently has had to use a few continues every once in a while, but she still manages to get a good ending.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 16, 2013

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Bakanogami posted:

Best 3D danmaku video I've seen in a long time, probably since that Reimu/Okuu one. Dunno if there's a youtube link yet.
Youtube link. This is one video you need to watch in max HD. :allears:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Jigoku San posted:

:3: Poor Sakuya having to clean all that wreckage up though.

I was hoping the end scene would be Sakuya coming home with grocery and saw the wreckage and faint on the spot. But Yuyuko preview is good enough. :cheeky:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ranpire posted:

So if you really want to praise someone, thank a guy that goes by Espr, who spent his free hours translating IN's endings and script holes in a Fallujah barracks basement and uploading them when the satellite was up. World's changed a lot since then.
Translating a game script while in the army? Now that's badass. :thumbsup:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Fan art of mystery boss has already been made. Touhou fan works fast!

Interesting not-red-hood interpretation.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I hope for Flandre to be in and just like "gently caress the sun! Let it slowly chip away all my hp in 30 seconds while I bomb the stage to pieces." :black101:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The mid boss art looks so... photoshoped? The color seems brighter and size seem larger than the usual sprite size...

Prediction succeed!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 26, 2013

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

All I see is a happy yukkuri face at the bottom right.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

So there's English, British English, and Yorkshine English, which is good?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

BlitzBlast posted:

and absolutely nothing is cited so it could all just be bullshit. Seems to match up with your dictionary definition though.
It came from the book Li He: A Biography (李贺小传). It's pretty hard to understand, but to sum it up, the beginning talks about Li He's life habits especially on how he works on his poem. Then it gets interesting with his conversation with a messenger of heaven when he's about to die of sickness at the age of 27, and ends with a reflection of his unfulfilled life compares to heaven in lamentation. Pretty sad story. Kinda remind me of Yuyuko. :smith:

The Hakugyokurou (Tower of White Jade) is mentioned by the messenger "The Heavenly Emperor just had his Hakugyokurou built, so he summon you to come and write down its details."

That's all there's to Hakugyokurou, and Zun is referencing it as a place that only dead people goes to.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Sep 18, 2013

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

FractalSandwich posted:

Oh, I see. It's from something that was said to have happened to Li He himself.
It's written by his friend Li Shangyin, a much more successful poet who's heavily inspired by Li He's work and written this to lament the talent that's wasted to sickness and Li He's failure to become a higher ranking official.

quote:

Where does the thing about the size of the Touhou Hakugyokurou's gardens come in? Is that from an unrelated story? Or did ZUN just make that up?
Nothing about the garden, so Zun probably was inspired by something else.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I had a slight moment of :psyduck: when reading through the wiki I come to known than Tewi's the big wig for the Earth Rabbits and is just allowing Kaguya, Eirin and Reisen to stay with them.
Kaguya is the ex-boss. Tewi is the ex-ex-boss. That's why she didn't show up in game. :downsrim:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I wonder who will handle the translation.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Namtab posted:

That bitch line is now canon.
I want a Bitch-Insult patch for each game. Let them all ripe with the stench of bitches. :allears:

Tengames posted:

There's always Spacedrake and Robin,
I am fine with them handling this IP, but I am guessing Zun would go for some translation group from the Japan side unless he have some friends here that he can trust.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 9, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Volt Catfish posted:

quote, "A fundamental problem is that I no longer have any of the data from the older games and it would be a challenge to create new ones."
That explain why he only releasing "the newer Touhou games". :(

DrSunshine posted:

What kind of coding is this?? :psyduck:

Why wouldn't you include game engine stuff in one part and keep text and art assets in another?
I guess he ties the appearance of enemies by the dialog timing just so it matches the timing of the music and also achieving desired danmaku patterns/placement.

I think it's the kind of easier scene-by-scene coding design that the creator believes he won't need to go back to it after completion.

Not that I had read the code myself, so I could be wrong.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 10, 2014

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The one who lives the longest is the best gambler.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Clarste posted:

I think it was implied that this would take a long time. Given that she's a youkai, maybe decades or centuries.
Youkai can get a power boost to speed it up. Magical artifact, blessing of God, get worshiped to class-change to god, eat a hermit/saint, etc.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Wasn't Yuyuko strong in PCB because she was powered by a Spring Season power charged Youkai Tree?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I am also fine with localization into various form of "Bitch, get out of the way!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nothing of value was lost.