Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

When did the Touhou 14 demo/ actual game announcement actually happen? It doesn't seem like anybody's talking about it which is strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

JackMackerel posted:

I have no need for this elitist bullshit of "reflexes" and "timing". gently caress haterz.

(The only level five boss I've gotten to was Toyosatomimi on Easy. :negative:)

But she's not a level 5 boss???

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Nine of Eight posted:

I'm 99% sure someone made a colourblind patch to solve that problem. If you look around gensokyo.org you should be able to find it.

That patch is for an outdated version of the game, and ZUN claims to have already "fixed" colorblind mode himself. He made the yellow UFOs green.

ed: Or wait am I mixing up the two patches here? I forgot what ZUN did to fix the colorblind problem, did he just make the colors lighter maybe...

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 29, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Leviathean posted:

So yeah, I vaguely remember the "Frandoll" vs "Flandre" discussion we had. Our decision was fairly arbitrary, but along the lines of "which name gets more hits in a search engine"?

Uh excuse me buddy but this official™ merchandise (a card) I have of the character in question says "Frandoll". Look at what you've done!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yes finally, it's Mountain of Faith (2.0) with a spell practice. Now just make the difficulty be between UFO and SA and you'll have the perfect Touhou game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Wait, Sakuya isn't a human? What is she then?

A Time Lord? :v:

You see, Sakuya is a Lunarian because

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

leather fedora posted:

There's already speculation that the boss in one of the screenshots is Orin, but there's just too much up in the air.

It looks more like a long red hood instead of red hair, though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah if Futo is in there's no way Shou isn't in.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Was alphes always this terrible at art and I just never noticed

Yes, pretty much. Not as bad as ZUN but not great either.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Okay so Nitori means there's no excuse not to have Shou, I'm tentatively deciding that being a background character don't mean poo poo.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hey I'm cool with Satori too I'm not picky.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Because she's in the background.

You still think that's relevant huh? How cute.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

What a mess of a roster. What happened to the theme, ZUN?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Since we got mad at being spammed with every individual Finnish 4Koma,

It was Blitz who gave Joseph that red text, just ignore him. Blitz is the spergiest motherfucker around about these kinds of things.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is translating a trial even worth it?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh man Touhou DLC can't wait :smug:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wow that red haired girl's design is loving awful.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Are there no pictures of the Stage 3 boss?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Well, at least the final boss of the fighting game looks pretty god drat cool.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Having played as all of them now, I can safely say Byakuren's far and away the best character in Hopeless Masquerade.

edit: Miko is a cool close second

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 09:50 on May 26, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So I've played the Touhou 14 trial and I don't really like anything about it :(

I didn't like TD much to begin with, but this seems like an even worse version of it with no "gimmick". Not having a gimmick isn't a bad thing but I expected more from ZUN at this point. Everything in 14 just feels fangamey.

Just one guy's opinion though.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 11:59 on May 26, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Don't use that Touhou patch utility thing. It's loving garbage and will gently caress up your existing patches probably.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I guess I was told misinformation about it breaking your existing patches. The patch being kinda crappy is still legit though.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 26, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hedera Helix posted:

The most important question remains, however- do the characters have spinning animations? :colbert:

I don't think so, chief.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

It has Orin fist-pumping though, that one's pretty avatar-worthy.

Edit: Also, after Hisoutensoku's story mode I don't find this one too bad, but let's be real here, you don't play fighting games to beat some silly story mode.

What do I play fighting games for, then!?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

That is not a finger gun.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It's still a problem that the game is kind of half-finished.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Well there are only three new characters so far...there's not that many choices yet.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The three fairies loving own and are the best characters in the series so yeah you should read all of those.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Clarste posted:

Except her solution to this is to become a terrorist, blow up the Hakurei Shrine, and then plant a bomb underneath the rebuilt one that can't be removed or disarmed without triggering it. So... more like the Oklahoma bomber or a school shooter.

Tenshi is a terrible person.

Is it really worth exploring the motivations of blank character slates that can only be filled with fan interpretation that deeply?

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jun 10, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Incidentally, the fairies are the best Touhous. :v:

I think you and me are gonna be best friends, I like your taste in characters :3:

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jun 10, 2013

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Some of these categories are silly because the Japanese are always going to vote Cosmic Mind as the best song, etc etc...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Apparently she is still a half person.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The official Touhou mangas haven't even been fully translated yet?

I find that very shocking.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh sorry, I don't pay super big attention to the non-three fairy Toho mangas.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Clarste posted:

Technically, writing the manga is ZUN's job now. That's where his income comes from, and according to his tweets he spends most of his time in and out of meetings with the artists and his editors. At some point a few years ago, he quit his job as a programmer and became a full time Touhou writer. And he also composes music and makes games in his spare time.

Just a weird thought.

Wait, ZUN quit his non-Touhou related job that he mentioned he was early his first day for? (I don't think it was programming anyway)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yo Byakuren is far and away the best character in Hopeless Masquerade, you should learn her.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Nothing to see here move along.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Heh Reimu dropping from top spot would be like Leon Magnus dropping from top spot, not gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

legoman727 posted:

Where did all this popularity for Koishi come from?

Love at first computer crash?