Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It just occurred to me: Shouldn't the option in the poll be 'alcoholism' and not 'beerism'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I actually played PCB first because I thought the characters from there looked the coolest.

(Imagine my surprise when I was introduced to the glory that is ZUN art.)

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 5, 2013

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I really want to have the gang go to Makai, because we'll likely run into Shinki as well as Byakuren.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Huh, Suika and Yuugi are in the human village? Wonder why.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also your arm appears to have been replaced with a tube of dough.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It makes no sense for Marisa to be participating in a religious conflict either, though.

Rooting for Kogasa to make a surprise appearance as playable.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Maybe she wants to beat up everyone and then rob them blind while they're nursing their wounds.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

raocow posted:

Wait is the game seriously based on a religious debate? How can there be room for a debate when you got litteral gods as a characters? I figured they'd... well, they would have a lot authority on this.

Oh no, my suspension of disbelief in a nonsense games series about magical monsters and their lasers, ruined~

They don't need to prove their religion is valid (given that yes, actual gods are bumming around and all), but they do want to make their own religion more popular/prestigious.

That's the reason behind the popularity mechanic being built into the game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

I guess the maid fairies are all out of a job now.

Where was she in that chapter?

She's standing off to the side in one of the party spreads. Not sure how that contradicts any part of her canon databook entry that messing with her flowers is an incredibly bad idea, though.

Edit: At this point they could end up revealing Kasen is not an Oni and it'd be one of the more shocking plot twists.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 18, 2013

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Guess they'll pop over to Makai, free Byakuren (and recruit Shinki please let us recruit Shinki) and then come back in time for everyone to notice the weird moon.

I hope they implement a Partner system similar to the recent handheld SRWs. It'll be a nice throwback to the partner system in IN too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm looking forward to all the fanart of devastated Sanae.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Look, you can't let yourself be held back by common sense (or facts) in Gensokyo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nice hat.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Partner system! Yes!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder if Kasen might show up playable? She's really popular, esp. for a character who never actually showed up in a game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Miko's fashion sense is awesome.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Welp, so much for Seiga and Yoshika.

(Why the hell are Eiki and Komachi there?)

That appears to be the general 'dead and/or afterlife guys hang out' area.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

'Surpassed Primatehood'? Hahaha.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ahahahahaahahaha.

They didn't make it in? Really? Really?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wanted a religious war, Tasofro. :colbert:

Nice rose skirt, though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Revalis Enai posted:

Futo, Miko, and KOISHI? I'm going to import the poo poo out of this game. Can't wait to listen to arranges of their themes.

I'd prefer listening to Last Remote over Hartmann's Youkai Girl.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well I don't think I'll be shelling out cash for this game, then. I wanted lots of characters.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well that would make an even more bizzarre cast last if true,

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Really the Lunarians are kind of jerks so I totally support Kaguya winning over those punks.

Yeah, but Eirin and Kaguya are jerks too

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

... Sanbondo?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Miko would make a good final boss for FMW 4. Better than Mamizou at any rate.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Seconding the Miko Miko Suika recommendation.

Also I don't understand why everyone hated Silent Sinner in Blue. Anyone want to fill me in?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Justus posted:

Nah, Remilia's got the right idea here: "The bad guys always lose? Bullshit! More like, the victors write the history books! Imma gonna win!"

And then she attempts to fight the girl who can call upon the powers of any of the Shinto pantheon. Including the sun god.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I don't suppose there's been any word on an OST release for Hopeless Masquerade? The other Tasofro fighting games got OSTs...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

That poll reminded me of a question I want to ask - Why exactly does Septette for the Dead Princess win the music polls so consistently? It's a nice song and all but I wouldn't even rate it in ZUN's top 5 of final boss music, let alone the entire series.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I honestly prefer Necro-Fantasy to Necrofantasia.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT posted:

Funny, I didn't know the recorder was a folk instrument.

Anything becomes a folk instrument if you wait long enough.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Koishi is second? Huh.

Also Last Remote is way better than Hartmann's Youkai Girl. :colbert:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well somebody ain't a fan of Sanae.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

Yeah, pretty much everything in Touhou is derived from some mythological thing or another. Japan has a lot of weird mythological monsters/beings to pull from, so I doubt ZUN is gonna run out anytime soon.

If not he can always start stealing Western ones. Greek god touhous... why did I just imagine that?

Yeah it's not like the first modern Touhou game featured a classical European vampire as a final boss or anything.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

That whole picture is a treasure trove of awesome moments but the giant robot vs doll geekoff between Sanae and Alice is jsut pure :kimchi:.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Gonna beat all the witty sarcastic predictions to the punch and say that I think it's a girl, guys!!!

I'm honestly eagerly awaiting the final version of DDC. ZUN could do some really cool things with the concept of possessed weapons (man I hope he brings back dynamic stage 4 bosses), and the music I've heard so far has been great.

Also I have no idea what other songs TasoFro could add to the game. Stage themes for the player characters? Legacy tracks from IaMP/HT?

Rock remix of Cosmic Mind.

Edit: And an arrange of Last Remote instead of HYG.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It has a child's proportions (might be Zun art tho') and I swear I see an upside down smiley face.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think something like 'My dear' would work in the context of both sounding polite and being condescending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I don't understand why you would make bullets that have hitboxes that are different from the actual bullet. It just encourages trial-and-error gameplay.