Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
Looks like the bonus chapter for vol 1 of forbidden scrollery was translated. Byakuren is p good at playing a shamisen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010

KataraniSword posted:

Hell, even Okuu's Nuclear Fusion Dojo manages to be listenable despite being full of shrill Japanese girl voice and yukkuri-talker, and I pretty universally despise IOSYS's later stuff.

Their take on Emotional Skyscraper is hardly recognizable as the original song, so I'm not sure it counts though.

IOSYS's stuff right now isn't really all that bad, I suppose if you just don't like any vocal or pop stuff then sure. They do more than those denpa/cutesy high pitched vocal arranges that got super popular!

Also I kinda love Shibayan. Like here's his Necrofantasia arrange. Fun attempting to figure out what parts of the song he's using in some of his arranges.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUqCIpUsEu4

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
Been listening to a bunch of stuff released this Comiket, and boy, I wonder what other song they could be using in this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaicwvXHrCk
Also, noticed I've been enjoying Buta-Otome's original stuff more than their arranges recently, which is a good thing for them, I guess?

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010

Onean posted:

Yeah, I didn't really appreciate the Disney font either, but at least it's only used in the beginning and end for the most part. As for the art, it's all individual, unrelated pieces which can be found on Pixiv. If you give me a little bit I'll see if I can find it, most of the stuff I recognized from other videos and I probably have bookmarked.

The art is all from the album (あの日の夢のアリス) that track originated from. Artist has also done art for a newer album (Paraiso/パライソ) also released under Shinra-bansho. Quite a few of the tracks on the Alice album mix non-Touhou music into the arrange. Also Paraiso as well I guess.

Have some fun super robot touhous music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzA0QLk-_qA

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
"What are your feelings about old characters like Mima returning?" "Well. I won't say 'no'."

more importantly

"Will you add any guys as characters?" "Guys are unnecessary in video games."

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

I was pretty surprised by the ShibayanRecords album. Got it on a whim along with the usual Alstroameria "we literally put one of President Reagan's speeches in one of our tracks" Records, and it was way better.

excuse me, the speech they used before was thomas dewey's :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3rdJnXVwUY

also oh wow, 白いしましまうさぎ released a new album this comiket, thought that circle was dead

course it's a kancolle album, but still

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
Shinigiwa Satellite has a bunch of english songs.

Also even though the lyrics are p sappy, was surprised by Engage in RD-Sounds newest thing. Wasn't expecting 3L singing in english. Kinda sorta wish there was more variety with the vocalists in diao ye zong's stuff though. Merami is nice but it would be neat to see other people's takes on RD's stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

Oh no why I loved that group.

lily-an has health issues, but most of the group will still be around as a part of their sister circle ShinRa-Bansho/森羅万象.

iirc they announced this last year?