Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
I'm surprised Komachi (the girl who always gets slapped with a redneck accent) isn't on that list.

Wait, no. Too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

I have no need for this elitist bullshit of "reflexes" and "timing". gently caress haterz.

(The only level five boss I've gotten to was Toyosatomimi on Easy. :negative:)

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
I was thinking Byakuren's "hat" looked like a giant orange peel...

I'm assuming it changes between looking like that and glowing sutras.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

Isn't Koishi supposed to be incredibly hard to take notice of? How would that play off the popularity mechanic?

She apparently only appears if she finds you interesting (or, if you believe Akyuu, are a child/weirdo like her, because :downs:).

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Alice hasn't shown up yet. Obviously that means she's going to show up in the background of a Makai level, because Shinki will be a playable character. Also while we're at it, Rin Satsuki will be there too. Also Zun will show up at my doorstep and give me a free copy of Hopeless Masqurade and the full version of Double Dealing character.

This will, of course, mean more lovely jokes by unfunny comic artists about why Alice sucks, like the lovely jokes about Sakuya last year.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

MadRhetoric posted:

lovely jokes comprise the bulk of Touhou dialog, Touhou fandom, and Japanese humor. They are the lifeblood of weird Japanese entertainment.

Touhou dialogue doesn't regurgitate the same tired poo poo about how much of a loser Alice/Sakuya is. :colbert:

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

I really shouldn't be surprised given how little most Touhou fans seem to care about actual media created by ZUN, but I still cannot help but be really disappointed they cannot even be bothered to care about the official mangas more than I dunno, adult men pretending to be animu girls in some weird-rear end pseudo-biographical works and other crap like that.

MUH FANON/IMAGINARY BULLSHIT I BUILT FOR LITTLE GIRLS, et cetera. It's kinda weird, given how popular Kasen got.

The language/engine ZUN uses for Touhou is pretty interesting...

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Scarlet Devil Mansion's Basement:

Stay away.

No, really. Stay away.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

Yeah maybe in the next game ZUN will use mermaids and Dullahans and werewolves, wouldn't that be kinda funny.

I can't remember, but isn't it implied there are other places like Gensokyo, just for other lands and cultures?

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Volt Catfish posted:

There is not and probably never will be.

I wonder how far ZUN got into planning out Myouren, though.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Volt Catfish posted:

Not to mention most of those looked pretty terrible, yeah.

Meiling's head in the HRTP game is loving enormous and the way she moves is loving creepy.

I like that EOSD-in-the-style-of-old-shooters thing, though.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Takoluka posted:

She looks like she came from Umineko.

Not surprised, ZUN and the guy who does Umineko are friends.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
I'm a slowpoke and finally caught up to Hopeless Masquerade. Nitori going from (not) shy helpful gadgeteer to racist, geedy dickhead. There's a libertarian joke in there, somewhere.

What was the deal behind DDC's translation? I remember reading about it being some crowd-sourced thing, or was that the HM translation?

JackMackerel fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Sep 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

amuayse posted:

I've started reading SSiB and America apparently had a moon base? :drat:

It's implied this was just the Lunarian government claiming that the Americans were more dangerous than they really were, but then again, it's Touhou canon and there is no such thing.