Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
So we've got bits and pieces of poo poo about Clownpiece and Kishin Sagume but what's up with Junko and Hot Topic Blue Rock? What is their DEAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Clownpiece has two survival cards, what the gently caress

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The only music to end up on youtube so far is Junko's theme, Pure Furies ~ Whereabouts of the Heart and it's pretty rad tbh

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The rest of the bosses conform to the pattern that every one of them has a different type of dodging associated with them. Seiran is big movements avoiding two-stage patterns where the first is dense and aimed and then the second is loose and wide, Ringo is micrododging lots of small bullets, Doremy is weird patterns with unusual movements to avoid them, Sagume's is kind of weak but it looks like just twitch dodging, Clownpiece's is gimmicks associated where her patterns are designed to help you get through them, and Junko's is threading the needle with hyper-precise dodging required.

Edit: Macro->Micro->Weird->Twitch->Gimmick->Precise.

mdct fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Aug 14, 2015

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Oh, hah, so the entire plot of this game is "gently caress the moon, it's bullshit." Nice.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Junko has no spectacle in her final boss fight because why would a spirit of purity and vengeance use anything but basic bullet patterns, I guess.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

I mean aside from her totally rad music. She doesn't have a theme to her attacks like the other final bosses do, like Yuyuko's butterflies, Eirin's complicated laser grids, Utsuho's suns, poo poo like that. They're just normal bullet patterns.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Pointdevice technically has no lose condition and yet Legacy does feel easier because you get way more bombs to skip Clownpiece and Junko with

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Also the final stage of 12.8 is just a stage 3.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Manslaughter posted:

Give me the remixes, i know they are out there already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A6ewvI1j-4

There's a pretty decent one of Pure Furies already.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
It goes back to whether you're better at puzzle-style cards or basic twitch-dodging cards, Clownpiece is nothing but the former and Junko is nothing but the latter. They're as different as possible while being roughly the same level of difficulty.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I wouldn't vote Clownpiece for president but I would have a beer with her

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Clownpiece of poo poo

But enough about your posting

Clownpiece on the other hand, what a cool fairy... ... ...!!!!!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
LoLK is the easiest game to unlock Extra on in the series, since Pointdevice mode unlocks it and technically if you're just persistent enough anyone will eventually beat Pointdevice mode.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Miko and Futo is the best Master/Servant duo. Fight me

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The best Master/Servant duo is Sanae and Kanako + Suwako actually. Because they are her mum's.

A close second is Yuyuko and Youmu, because Youmu is in a constant state of frustration and confusion at her boss and it's great.

You took my challenge. Get ready to get destroyed, with dropkicks and a suplex

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

amuayse posted:

Don't they fight for justice and human safety?

They fight for Miko Is The Best, So If You Guys Want To Be Ruled By Anyone, It Should Probably Be Me, Miko.

Miko is pretty much literally a hands-off supervillain lying in wait for when she's convinced that humans can't govern themselves anymore.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
People tend to ignore Mamizou because she basically fills the same role Yukari does as a really old sly manipulator, and you know there's no way people will ever let anyone replace Yukari. It's a bit of a shame because she is different enough that she's interesting on her own, though.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I'm pretty sure canon Koakuma doesn't have any personality past in, like, I think it was in Bohemian in Japanese Red that ZUN said that she was mischievous and doesn't do her job very well, her job being nebulously defined. Otherwise she's a completely blank slate.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I wasn't super into the second half of LoLK's music at first aside from Pure Furies and The Sea which Reflects One's Home Planet but now that some covers exist for all of them, they actually remix super well (especially Pandemic Planet,) and I've completely warmed up. It's one of the better soundtracks overall.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I too would like a Translation, I hear it has Cool and Good Things to say about Reimu, who is Cool and Good.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I am ready for the endless clownpiece of c89

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
All my favorite musicians are skipping C89 except for CarrotWine. Dang. :(

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I'm sad that The Best Squad, The Taoists, won't be in it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Especially when Miko is right there.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

BlitzBlast posted:

Hell when Kokoro broke her mask, she went right to Miko, not Byakuren. She knows the score.

Miko is basically Kokoro's indirect creator, since she allegedly made the masks that Kokoro is a menreiki of. It'd make sense that she's her idea of a person of authority, coolness aside.

It is also true that Miko rules, though, so that too.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Mirisame, of course

That second chapter was real good and seeing Tewi again of all characters was pretty rad. She's the best mid-boss.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Well yeah but I can't rightly say that she's the best playable character because Reimu exists. She'll have to settle for mid-boss.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
She loses in a fight against an Original The Character.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Every story in all the Fighting Games is canon, so everyone beats everyone in IaMP and so on and so forth.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I want Reimu to keep straight-up murdering dudes.

It's cool as hell.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
It comes up every time a method for gaining immortality comes up. She doesn't like the idea of becoming a Celestial or Shikaisen either.

It's like a low-key goal Marisa has, not one that she's actively searching for every moment of the day.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Jo Joestar posted:

Mamizou is surprisingly bad at impersonation, given what a big-shot tanuki she's supposed to be.

Impersonating Reimu is probably really hard because there's the existential terror behind doing something that could lead to Reimu, so far two-time murderer, being angry with you.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
SA and UFO are Really Fantastic.

The worst one is TD or EoSD, though just because the latter's so rough and the patterns tend to being too basic and boring.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Maybe Junko's purification thing wore off after she moved to Gensokyo, so she's just a normal (hell) fairy again.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Nitori is way better as a redditor athiest rear end in a top hat con-kappa than a boring shy nerd

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The only official Touhou manga that I think is pretty weak is Silent Sinner in Blue, and it isn't the worst thing in the world. ZUN's writing just doesn't lend itself to fights well (neither does Aki Eda's art, really,) and the convoluted required reading of Cage in Lunatic Runagate makes it really weirdly paced and off-kilter. Wild and Horned Hermit is leagues ahead of it, and Forbidden Scrollery owns a whole lot. Turns out ZUN's pretty okay at writing suspense and intrigue.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
That Danmaku!! card game looks like a cool + good version of Bang! and I'm kinda bummed I can't find a TTS version that actually works well! The one that I could find only has the basic card types working, and trying to find the files for the character and incident cards and whatever isn't working out.

I'll probably buy it at some point, but the group I'd play it with IRL is a little thin at the moment from players being busy.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Dr. Latency's Freak Report is pretty good, the song about the eponymous Dr. Latency is my favorite by far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6ASNwItze0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Considering Akyu actually has aged in real-time as the series has proceeded on, Reimu and Marisa are in their 30s minimum by now