Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

just enjoy things you dweebus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Getting to 5 power but being identical to 4 power was already a thing in Mountain of Faith anyway.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

El Burbo posted:

I guess the next chapter is the last one then? Nice ride, I hope this new appearance is permanent.

ZUN's pretty big on maintaining each character's status quo after their introduction so I'm not holding my breath, but new and improved Kasen is rad as hell and I'll be pleasantly surprised if that change is permanent.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Unfortunately AoCF is basically impossible to play if you're not within the timezone +/-1, but word is that TasoFro is planning to test out a new patch this week so who knows, maybe in the months since the last patch they figured out this whole netplay thing.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

I mean Hisou wasn't the most stable thing in the world neither

The difference is we were able to play soku. If I try to connect to an American in AoCF both parties just get a black screen.

When TasoFro put the game on steam they didn't really consider the fact that it'd be played by a worldwide audience and not just a tiny island nation.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

most of them aren't even hers to begin with

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

So has anyone figured out the requirements for spawning these unique boss spirits yet, and also what the unique boss spirits even do? They just kinda happen at random for me and I'm not sure why.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Rectus posted:

Touhou 17 prediction: It's gonna turn out the animal spirits didn't affect the main characters personalities.

Seems unlikely given how out of character some of the goast types are.

Kinda wonder if the final boss will pull an Okina and have a unique spellcard depending on your shot type, what with the hints that the animal possessing the player isn't on the up-and-up.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

to be perfectly honest i kinda don't appreciate touhou going gacha, especially when it's apparently super-popular among children in japan

just feels wrong to me

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

zun has said repeatedly that he doesnt want to profit off that kind of system so i really doubt itll be any kind of real money system

Yeah, if the game doesn't go all-in on microtransactions then it's all fine by me

Also I'm not usually into buying multiple copies of the same game for different platforms, but if TasoFro can figure out how to actually do netplay for the Switch release I might just to play all y'all motherfuckers. Assuming it can be bought on non-Japanese Switches and they don't just limit it to the Japanese market to avoid the netplay issue altogether.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Mighty Dicktron posted:

The switch isn't region locked, so you can run anything on it regardless of where it's released.

Oh, that's neat then. Maybe it is finally time for Antinomy of Common Flower but with actual netplay.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Was hoping we wouldn't get a return to the status quo but it was also expected, so.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

touhou going gacha makes me pretty unhappy to be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Does this game have the easiest extra stage yet? I managed to eke out a clear on my first attempt despite being rusty as hell, haven't even managed that with HSiFS' extra stage.