Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Oh Junko, what a joker.

"Ain't I a stinker" - well known Junko quote

nyttyn posted:

don't quote me fully on this because this just may be my brain being dumb, but i recall in a interview zun saying something about touhou working on suzunan time or something when asked this question, meaning basically akyuu's probably gonna be considered to be in her early 20s at most for the entirety of the series and the subject will never come up as a result.

I had read that & is why I figured Akyuu was ten forever. I had never checked the ages of any subsequent appearances so seeing her aged up at all surprised me. Picturing literally a child participating in a symposium of the world's leaders was also a great mental image so I never second guessed it

But passively aging her to the rest(ish) of the cast then freezing the age makes more sense

Clarste posted:

He also specifically said that he was not going to write Akyu dying at 30.

and that's probably for the best :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

The Grimoire of Usami is fully translated now.

Please quote all the funny bits so we can laugh together, thank you.

Enjoying everyone freaking out over Sunny starting fires

quote:

Wait, so dancing makes them glow? Even though they're just dead leaves? The power of the gods is usually that sort of cryptic nonsense. How convenient.

quote:

Curvy lasers are always popular. To watch.

quote:

Wait, Lady Yuyuko... didn't you tell me you'd be sleeping and that I had to be a judge in your place...?

Oh, wait, um... 10/10.

quote:

Obviously they were killed by all these rests. You call this sad?

quote:

She must be ripped to throw drums like that. I mean, I guess my image of drummers is pretty muscular anyway.

really all the comments are pretty great :allears:

thank you for translating these so quickly

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

So what's the disc girl

sheep?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Get every Touhou game on Switch TBH.

supposedly he put the demo of the latest game on steam because toby fox asked so i think we have our in

https://www.reddit.com/r/Undertale/comments/bmzlzs/th17_demo_will_be_formally_released_on_steam/
well there's no reason the demo wouldn't be released on steam anyway so maybe it's a bunk mistranlsation or w/e

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I wish Ten Desires had DDC's gimmick because i was (/still am) bad at shmups even when they're for babies and I wish I had more resources and it takes one million years to get what stuff in TD

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

That panel of Kasen in the rain owns and it's fantastic that Reimu just spams Fantasy Seal until it works. Reimu's the best :allears:
The interview at the end is nice, too. Thank you for translating as always.

e: My favorite thing from the interview is Zun's love of knocking other characters, like Mamizou, down a peg. His comments on Reimu & Kasen's relationship in particular are interesting

rannum fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 14, 2019

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Was hoping we wouldn't get a return to the status quo but it was also expected, so.

I believe in fighting games bringing us oni kasen and true oni kasen as characters

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

shrine maiden main character -> maiden -> maid main character

dumb but I wouldn't rule it out, then it spirals from there with Sakuya thrown in hte mix from when EOSD ruled the roost.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I'm aware. I just didn't think it really mattered too much to most people, and trust me when I say I wanted to get as few retakes as I possibly could.

I like it, it gives a bit of extra character to each, uh, character.

Also while everyone is praising Miko, Kanako is also really top notch too.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

To the 3 people asking for a steam release in the comments.................thank you

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Squiddycat posted:

I think Wily Beast and Weakest Creature is out

Bosses. Or fakes? You decide.

Whoever this girl is, I think she may have the best artwork zun's ever done?

Like the feet, fingers, hands and posing all look pretty good and the design itself is nice as always.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Did not expect the game to swerve into a gang war betwene yakuza and robots but I am here for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

The Gouyaku Alliance is led by someone named Toutestu (also known as Taotie, for you mythology buffs), who doesn't show up in the game but gets talked about by Saki in the Extra stage. Toutestu is apparently a selfish bastard whose underlings suffer for it. The Gouyaku Alliance is defined by arrogance and looking down on people so it checks out.

The last of the major Yakuza Families is unnamed and has no presence in the game, but they're defined by subterfuge: traps, poisons, and camouflage.

Anyway, Yachie convinces three of the families to work together to take down Keiki, who's not a Yakuza but is muscling in on their territory and stealing their resources (ie: protecting people from them; Yachie specifically says that all people are resources to her). After Keiki is out of the picture, Saki immediately starts her own war and that's the Extra Stage.

There's also some other stuff regarding who Keiki is exactly and why she's doing what she's doing.

Since all the mangas are ending I have to assume one thing:

The next manga series will be Gang Land featuring the other 2 factions