Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Subterranean Animism is kicking my rear end. I've done 1cc normal runs for 6-10 but I'm getting absolutely wrecked here, barely reaching the third level. All of the shot types feel really weak as well. The one exception is Patchouli - switching modes and firing sideways/backwards sounded lousy at first but it seems to have better focused damage and coverage than everything else. Is there something I am missing the makes the other five partners good?

I do like that the best option happened to be the dork magician though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Clarste posted:

SA is clearly the best game, overall.

I love and hate the SA scoring system. It's a great system but it doesn't do anything to help you clear the game. Bombs come from power and lives come from clearing boss sections and your score doesn't matter. Best strategies for clearing the game and getting a high score feel mutually exclusive. EoSD and MoF are great because bonus lives come directly from your score, it made trying to get the highest possible score so much more rewarding.

I think MoF edges it out because of that but SA is still very good.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Characters:
Patchouli
Reimu
Sanae
Sakuya
Suika
Remelia
Mokou

Music:
UFO Romance in the Night Sky
Thunderclouds of Magic Power
Ghostly Band ~ Phantom Ensemble
Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room
Faith is for the Transient People
Maiden's Capriccio
Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke
Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye
The Bridge People No Longer Cross

I've mostly only played the games and the playable touhous have an unfair advantage. If Remelia wasn't in IN Parsee or Okuu would take her spot.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Reimu is Marisas third best friend, right after her hoard of stolen loot and gigantic rainbow laser.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Help, I've run into a bug in LoLK where I warp from the end of stage 4 to the Extra stage.

Holy gently caress Clownpiece.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

SirSlarty posted:

Note to self: no more posting about Mima or Clownpiece.

Unless someone wants to explain the fascination of those characters other than "they're good".
I only recently played through LoLK and Clownpiece is now easily one of my favourites. Her theming is good, her spellcards are good, the fairy manga about her is good.

Also she's a dumb clown fairy from hell who is hanging out on the moon wearing the stars and stripes. She was always destined for greatness.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Actually the only dumb one is hellfire grazing. The rest of them are good.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

My understanding is that she just beats up and yells at the bigger players and outsider youkai when they cause trouble. People like Aya or Mami aren't in serious danger of getting exterminated because they are too important to their respective communities, and minor kappa/fairies/whatever are fine if they're staying out of the human village.

Only things like rogue tsukumogami or fortune tellers are at risk of brutal and terminal extermination.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

I also appreciate how Luna always gets incredibly excited when someone suggests a really suicidal and/or sociopathic plan like burning down the Hakurei shrine.

I can't believe you forgot that the best fairy of light is named Star.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

DDC is good and top three for my favourite games even though certain things can make it really easy.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

The very first time I reached stage 6B I beat Kaguya, something I haven't managed with any other final boss.

I had the hardest time with Kanako, her shots just throw me off.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I guess difficulty is relative

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

With the new game linking characters to seasons, could anyone explain how the weather in SWR and seasons in HSiFS correlate to their respective characters?

I have a general idea of why Reimu is sunshine and spring but I couldn't guess why Marisa is rain and winter so I'm clearly missing some metaphors.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

quote:

Weather talk
Thanks for those.
Is there a good reason why Alice is hail?

I think I can guess why Yuyuko had snow. It's obviously so she can share a winter wonderland with everyone.

The three best storylines are all in SWR and they are Patche 'solving' the incident, Suika raiding heaven, and Yuyuko the Harbinger of Snow.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Where's the murder

I want someone to die
Kosuzu is a cute girl though, she's bulletproof.

That was the fortune tellers fatal mistake, not being a cute girl.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I can't believe I missed Reimu putting Remilia in a chokehold the first time I played through EoSD. Touhou just keeps getting better and better the more I experience it.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

My understanding was that fairies are nature spirits, they can live inside flowers and trees because in a sense they are the flowers and trees. Clownpiece is the weird one because she's a hell fairy, somehow. Cirno is also a little weird but an ice fairy is still closer to nature than hell.

I guess Piece brings a little hell with her and the ground underneath the shrine is good enough to be a replica hell apartment.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

The Lake of Death is a good name for Cirnos hangout. I'm sure Remilia is thrilled that her mansion is located on the shore of the lake of death.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Clarste posted:

Early exit polls, ie: twitter post counting, indicate that this might be a bit of an upset year, with Koishi in a solid #1 lead, Tenshi and Yukari being boosted into the top 10, and Shion being #7. Aya, Alice, and Remilia are tentatively kicked out of the top 10. Doremy makes a huge leap from #70 to #17. The second highest newcomer is Aunn at #34.

I'm glad the two best characters from HSiFS and AoCF are doing well.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

My favourite will always be Patchouli but Reimu is very good and deserves her spot above all interlopers.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I like that Cirno, Meiling, and especially Sakuya all have panic-spam attacks as their final spellcard. Spellcards as a form of expression is good.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

"To make it a fire festival, we're gonna start fires all over the shrine. Won't it be fun?"

It's good to get a reminder that faries are huge jerks. Especially Star.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

A mask might count, but no ribbons is a dealbreaker.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

You seem to be confusing me for being several people, I've always been of the belief that ribbons are a touhous most important feature.

If your touhou of choice doesn't have at least two ribbons (or one particularly large ribbon) she's barely a touhou at all.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Oh neat I'm going to C94 this could be the first touhou I physically own.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Twintail Piece is extremely powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I own a 2hu now :toot: I got to see ZUN at the same time.