Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
If Gigantic Army can make it to Steam, then Touhou can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
That's a pokemon.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Captain Invictus posted:

has anyone ever taken a character who is often depicted with a :3 face and drawn them in a hyperrealistic style with a cleft lip

seems like something that would have happened at some point what with Japan's penchant for weird fanart.

I think that's a sizable fraction of Lucky Star fanart.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Y'all know that Touhou 14 has been available for sale on playism for like two years now, right?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
:lol: at Reimu and Marisa's ratings of each other.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Roland Jones posted:

I like how, early on at least, Marisa seems like the only one trying to give honest, objective-ish impressions of everyone. Also, Reimu calls Yukari suspicious for "wearing clothes and walking around" and giving her an average rating.

Reimu doesn't say Yukari is suspicious for wearing clothes and walking around; she says Yukari is suspiciousness itself, wearing clothes and walking around.

That is, Yukari is suspiciousness embodied.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Captain Invictus posted:

He's such a bum!!!! he could get carpe fulgur or someone to do it with little fuss, I'm sure.

Are they even still around?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
If it's not wearing a red pointed hat then it's not a gnome.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
:10bux: says Marisa is completely unaffected.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Clarste posted:

In other news, Tasofro screwed up again and their Day 1 patch contains script data, along with some images and music. So we've already datamined the name of the final boss and stuff. Good work, Tasofro.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I think any building built in a beautiful, paradisaical after world would be a belvedere de facto.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Old Hell used to be a great place to get high quality satanic cuisine, but since the yuppies moved in it's all gone downhill.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Fauxanadu

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Photo is fine with doggo because #DoggoPhoto has good cadence and rhymes.

#DoggiePic would probably be fine but #DoggiePhoto is right out.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

King Cohort posted:

Sonic Hybrid Orchestra/Sonic Hispeed Omega

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT-iPx-9B88

I wasn't prepared for it to go hard in on Dvorak.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 29, 2018

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
On the topic of more traditional horizontal shooters and the like, Darius Burst is a really kick rear end modern Darius title that's available through Steam and the like.

It's roughly as difficult as a general Touhou, which is to say it's much more fair than the original arcade games. It's also designed to be played in a shorter amount of time; there are several routes but each route is only three levels long, and they each maintain a very tight pace.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Touhou has nine characters. Players 1 and 2, and stage bosses 1-6 and EX.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Clarste posted:

What about the midboss?

They're props.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

CrazySalamander posted:

So I decided to check out touhou via the free Hollow Song of Birds mentioned earlier in the thread. This is my first time actually playing a bullet hell game and man is it hard even on easy. Sometimes the screen gets so chaotic my eyes lose track of where the player character is. Also I have a vague sense that using bombs in the game seems to be a bad thing or something, any general tips on bullet hell games or clarification on the use of bombs in HSoB for a newbie?

1) Don't focus your attention on the bullet patterns, don't try to read the screen as a whole, just focus on your player.
2) Any bullet that is not in danger of hitting you doesn't count.
3) Use bombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Workin' on Thread 7, Thread 6 is Ancient

but if the thread gets to 1000 pages, it becomes a tsukumogami