Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Sanguinia posted:

If you want to say the manga has racism in it even without the roaches, fine. There is plenty of nationalistic stereotyping among the cast and some debatable NIPPON STRONG glorification. But what sexism? The costumes and bodytypes of the females aren't even a blip compared to 90% of entertainment in general, let alone manga specifically. I don't remember a single instance of patronizing or infantilization of any female cast member. I guess there was one misogynistic incident but I think focusing on the "demonization" of the high school girl and ignoring the male teacher's mutual role in the exploitation of the character with the false rape claim is taking the wrong message from that scene. They're both guilty parties and they're both taking advantage of an innocent person to cover up their crime.

There's virtually zero sexual exploitation in this manga, no gender bias in the violence against the heroes or in the assignment of combat or non-combat roles within the heroe's team... I mean, if this manga is sexist, I don't know what isn't. Please feel free to explain.

Didn't they say that women are more likely to survive the operation, and that's the reason they actually bring women on such a dangerous assignment? The fact that it was said so matter of factly really surprised me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread