Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This manga owns, if watching a dude with locust powers kick a cockroach-man's head off his shoulders is wrong than I guess I'm Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Falken posted:

Well, the typical black caricature has of course to start with the pronounced/oversized pink lips, very round head, smallish eyes quite far down the skull.

Nope.

I mean yes this is typical but to presume that any departure from this isn't a caricature is pretty dumb.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bumping this thread to say that volume five is up over at http://manga.displaynone.us

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
On the other hand I'm pretty sure there's a shark dude.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AnonSpore posted:

Sorry to disappoint you. He's actually an orca dude.

This is almost as cool, but still disappointing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This comic is utter garbage with no redeeming qualities. Fortunately the author agrees with me and just has gun drawing silk worm/cockroach hybrids fighting bird ladies with sword backpacks.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Nah.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'M A JAPANESE GIANT HORNET.

I loving love this comic.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

dazoner posted:

Which begs the question... why didn't they just make everyone giant hornets and send them off?

The type of animal you can turn into is random, they screen potential bugkillers to see what they're compatible with.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mikeycp posted:

I had no idea Viz picked this up. That's pretty exciting.

Yeah, they're releasing it through the Sig Ikki imprint I think, like they do most of their non-shonen or less marketable things (ie Dorohedoro or Pluto). Wonder if it's getting the bigger volume size (if anyone cares it is).

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 16, 2014

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just get the viz app and give all the money to viz. it's on Amazons store so it should work on Fire.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Daler Mehndi posted:

It appears they'll be two OVAs sold with upcoming volumes of Terra Formars.

It's 2 OVAs adapting volume one, and then an anime series for the main story.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Except its better than Gantz because it's at least entertaining reading about the Brazilian Farting Beetle and its toxic farts that when scaled up to human level are like pooping out sarin nerve gas. Gantz is poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I might just go that route, it seems like a fun little story.

It's garbo. You need to know it's garbo. It's poo poo. That said, it's immensely enjoyable poo poo.

Dan7el posted:

I'm finding this anime frustrating. I may check out the manga simply because I know I'll get some answers to my questions. What the gently caress did they do to their bodies in that operation? We know they can breath on Mars but that was pretty-much a given from the get go.

We're on episode 3 and none of the basic questions have been answered. How the freaking bug-guys got into the space ship in the first place isn't really answered either -- I got the impression it was a setup and they were placed their prior to take-off but that leaves a lot of unanswered questions too --

They keep focusing on our Japanese hero guy but he doesn't do anything. Gah. In the first episode he turns into this semi-monster and defeats the bear in the cage fight. Since then, nothing. What's going on?

Some of this stuff is covered in the OVA. They can breathe on Mars because of the terraforming algae and poo poo. The operation just gave them animal powers. Also the current series doesn't focus as narrowly on one or two people, it's about groups struggling against each other, but the Japanese guy and one other character definitely have major plot significance beyond that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Here's a quick recap: They sent algae and cockroaches to Mars, the algae produced O2 and the roaches produced ???? and they sent up a crew to go check on poo poo and it turned out the cockroaches had mutated and they killed that crew so they sent another one but with bug powers and that crew got murdered too and now this is the third time they're trying it, also the fat dude on the UN council thing was on the second crew to go up, same with hornetcommander guy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

How the gently caress did the roaches make guns? Not only that but they seem to coordinate attacks without any technological communication?

Too many things are based off "reasons", this kinda blows rear end.

Stole the guns from BUGS 2, communicate via bug magic. Boom.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OnimaruXLR posted:

Does the fighting in the anime ever pick up? I stopped watching because there was barely a lick of it in the first two episodes and what little there seemed to be was heavier on viscera than good looking action scenes.

I am willing to give it another shot because frankly karate bug people is kind of a big deal with me

Haven't watched the second episode but the first one was mostly getting them to Mars. Once they're on Mars it's just Fights The Series.

Display-None just dropped volume ten and oh my god people you need to read this.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

davidHalestorm posted:

Next volume of the manga has been translated http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Terra-ForMars

And now we got a character whose super power comes, from...eugenics :shepicide:

That's been translated for a couple months bruh you should probably read the thread.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I still love this awful loving comic.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wait has someone besides displaynone done v13?

edit wait is this Japanese to Spanish to English?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Brought To You By posted:

There was a time where Imperial Scans was handling the translations and they did a good job. They had to close up shop and some of their staff moved over to Mangastream to keep up translations. The guy currently doing translations on Batoto has been around for a while now and isn't known for very good translations. He did some decent stuff a couple years ago but then it got revealed that he was taking his translations from a spanish-based group and his quality has been dropping ever since. Last I read from him he started using some pretty gross images for his credits page and I just stopped reading TFM altogether.

congrats now you know why i'm okay with being behind and just waiting on displaynone

• Locked thread