Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
Since I got chastised for posting about it in the absurd slife thread, Nichibros is getting a live-action movie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Omniphile posted:

Since I got chastised for posting about it in the absurd slife thread, Nichibros is getting a live-action movie!

Heck yeah! I hope that the actors can portray the ... "unique" feeling of DLHSB. Though thinking about it, I've yet to see a Japanese live-action film or drama where I found the acting to be more than "passable". Well, high hopes anyway.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

DrSunshine posted:

Have you ever wondered what Thomas Edison would be like if he was reincarnated in the body of a Japanese schoolgirl? Because apparently that's what the latest Shonen Jump serial is about.
Wow what is this garbage.

SpazmasterX posted:

This is the same publication that cancelled Mx0
:negative:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

The Edison thing is irredeemably bad, but I like see SJ take a chance with goofy crap like that than just keep pushing some of the awful stories they've been peddling lately.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 34!

It's a wonderful life, ain't it, Imamura?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also refused Shingeki no Kyojin. Hilarious since it was a huge goddamn success once it was serialized by Kodansha.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
To be fair, that doesn't really suit the tone of WSJ. It's nowhere near kid friendly enough. They coulda put it in Weekly Young Jump, though.

I actually thought it was pretty funny when the roomba turned out the lights. The Edison thing doesn't really feel like a strong enough premise for an entire series, though.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I just finished reading Angel Densetsu. It was really good! I'm kinda sad that I've finished it now. :unsmith:

I recommend it if you haven't checked it out.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Blazing Transfer Student is really good. Y'all should read it. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/blazing-transfer-student-r4581

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The latest SKET Dance is really hilarious! Can completely different and one-note secondary characters really fill the main characters' roles?! Find out now!!

It is really amazing seeing how they do.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

DrSunshine posted:

The latest SKET Dance is really hilarious!

I don't know which 'alternate' Sket-Dan I like better! Nah, just kidding, this one is already miles better than the other one.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I totally want to see Sket Dan 2.0 doing 'the pose' each time they screw up a job animated.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Some people have answered our prayers and given to us eight new chapters of Abidani's magical adventures aka Gamble Fish

Enjoy!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

New Chapter of Rosario Vampire.
Just how many relatives in Moka's family is an Eldritchian horror?!

Annointed fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 2, 2013

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

I defy anyone to make sense of the word salad that is page three.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Fuego Fish posted:

I defy anyone to make sense of the word salad that is page three.

MangaPanda's translations are always godawful.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 35!

More parallel-world exposition. The breakout star of this chapter is, without a doubt, Chankuma's sweater.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yowamushi Pedal 35-43.

Wow, a ton of chapters seem to have been posted entirely without my knowledge! When did these suddenly appear? Last time I looked at it, it had only gotten up to chapter 35.

EDIT: Ohygosh, dudes, you have to try it, if you haven't! It's sooooo shounen, what that dude earlier said about being able to mainline it it's so crystal pure was right. My veins are boiling with all the :ssj:HOT BLOOD:kamina: this manga exudes! Hotblooded Bicycling!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 2, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Annointed posted:

New Chapter of Rosario Vampire.
Just how many relatives in Moka's family is an Eldritchian horror?!

Is just me or this chapter felt kind of disconnected? Like it should be before Moka's climatic battle or we skipped some chapters.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

DrSunshine posted:

Yowamushi Pedal 35-43.

Wow, a ton of chapters seem to have been posted entirely without my knowledge! When did these suddenly appear? Last time I looked at it, it had only gotten up to chapter 35.

EDIT: Ohygosh, dudes, you have to try it, if you haven't! It's sooooo shounen, what that dude earlier said about being able to mainline it it's so crystal pure was right. My veins are boiling with all the :ssj:HOT BLOOD:kamina: this manga exudes! Hotblooded Bicycling!
It seems like they're translating and releasing it by volumes, the first new chapter in the batch always has a cover. It's disappointing how quickly I go through these, whenever I reach a climax I find out I'm at the end of a chapter and I need my fix noooooooow :(. I'm afraid at how insane it's going to be once they actually start competing against other schools who will inevitably have their own cadre of HOT BLOODED RACERS. :ohdear:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Mangafox has the better translation for this month's Rosario+Vampire

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
R+V Superfluous End-of-Volume Theater 12

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Rosario + Vampire has gotten pretty awesome. I didn't even like the anime and didn't make it past episode 2, but I started reading the manga when I got bored and holy crap it changed a lot.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

arisu posted:

Rosario + Vampire has gotten pretty awesome. I didn't even like the anime and didn't make it past episode 2, but I started reading the manga when I got bored and holy crap it changed a lot.

The anime is fanservice garbage.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Tetsugaku Letra just got pick up by an non-lovely group and they released the first 4 chapters. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/tetsugaku-letra-r5557

It's loving great to get some more Sahara Mizu manga.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Four new Kiruko chapters! A moderate amount of shipping at the latter two. Other than that, they're pretty much on the side of good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh man, I burst out laughing when everyone was dressed as Kiruko.

I didn't really see much shipping, though. Seems like the series is starting to find its groove, which is good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah the series had been really dragging, and even a couple of the new chapters still had me kind of losing interest. Then I hit chapter 20 and all of that went away. On page 2 I knew that the chapter would be exactly what I want from this series. I don't know how it's doing in the polls, but this kind of feels like a "Go out with a bang" arc.

vvvv Would not surprise me at all. Maybe it'll pull a Medaka Box and turn into something magical, but I doubt it.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 8, 2013

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

chumbler posted:

Yeah the series had been really dragging, and even a couple of the new chapters still had me kind of losing interest. Then I hit chapter 20 and all of that went away. On page 2 I knew that the chapter would be exactly what I want from this series. I don't know how it's doing in the polls, but this kind of feels like a "Go out with a bang" arc.

Didn't someone post earlier that it was getting canceled?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

chumbler posted:

Yeah, I was almost at the point where I just wanted it to become a battle manga already so it could do SOMETHING.

Edit: The main problem with the series was that it seemed like it didn't know what it wanted to be without becoming a battle manga. It seems like it was trying a Gintama sort of thing, with a combination of episodic comedy and shorter arcs, but it just didn't work, mainly because of the fact that most of the episodic stuff boiled down to "Hey, Kiruko sure is weird, right? A former mercenary policewoman with big tits?! And she's crazy?! Wow! And you know what? Everyone loves her anyway!" That was basically it. And I think it was mentioned earlier that the author had made a couple one-shots with characters that were virtually identical to Kiruko, I think the main problem was that the author was far too attached to this archetype he had crated. In simple terms, he simply could not get over his own character and kept proudly presenting her to us when we were all "Yeah, we get it, now do something." Overall, if it gets cancelled, this isn't something I'm going to begrudge Shonen Jump for. It's really just the author's fault for wasting the potential he had. The series was never really bad, it was just really uninteresting at its worst. I still really like Kiruko though. She's pretty funny and downright adorable.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 8, 2013

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 36!

In which Usami picks the wrong time to go all hot-blooded, and Imayama, or whatever his name is... wait, I must be thinking of someone else.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Waffleman_ posted:

I think the main problem was that the author was far too attached to this archetype he had created.

I agree. The author made a one shot last year (around July) called 'Double Bullet' which literally stars Bullet. The same body shape, same look, same personality, same history of being an ex-soldier, same weapon and everything.

The difference between the author's earlier one-shots and Shinmai Fukei Kiruko is that the gender is reversed. That's it. The normal-powered police tsukkomi is a man and the super-powered ex-soldier hellbent of becoming a police despite destructive tendencies is a woman. In Kiruko he added few characteristics like ghost-phobic or the fervor to be liked by everyone, but he keeps returning to the trite "Kiruko is too strong for her own good" trope. I thought the social pressure she felt from the Tokyo chapter could bring some fresh comedy, but then it returned back to Kiruko destroying everything. I still liked it though.

do not search for kiruko fanart on pixiv while you're working

jonjonaug posted:

Angry Grimace posted:

The rumors are flying that Kiruko is going to be ending in WSJ Issue #22/23

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I just realized I talked about two different main problems in that paragraph. This shows how good I am at organizing my thoughts.

coathat
May 21, 2007

New chapter of Blazing Transfer Student. http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Blazing-Transfer-Student/Vol-005-Ch-043--Comrades-Gather--?id=163422

This is shaping up to be a glorious tournament.

Lectim
Jan 2, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Yowamushi Pedal 35-43.

This comic gets me so loving pumped. I love nobody freshman who're secretly talented despite knowing nothing about the sport a la Eyeshield 21. I think this reminds me a lot of Eyeshield 21 in general, which is why I'm getting such a huge kick outta it. When each character has their own specialty that ends up benefiting the team as a whole it makes it really easy to get into the struggle of one character without thinking of them as greater than the whole of the team. As good as Monta was at catching and Kurita at being large it never got to the point where they really out-shinned the rest of the team, except for Sena of course. I feel like this manga is going to be able to do a lot of the same things. I just worry that there won't be as much variety in bicycle riding techniques as different types of team composition in the long run. I still eagerly look forward to this to keep updating.

Anyone who likes Sport manga, specifically Eyeshield 21, you should really give this a try. It's most definitely worth checking out.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Lectim posted:

This comic gets me so loving pumped.

Man, tell me about it! After I read this I totally went out for an 8 km bike ride.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I think I heard something about that cycling manga getting an anime some time soon.

New chapter of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shigatsu-wa-Kimi-no-Uso/8-Water-s-Suface?id=163443
It just won the Kodansha manga award for best shonen manga. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-09/37th-annual-kodansha-manga-awards-announced

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
EDIT: Not a single thing in this post was fit for this thread.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 11, 2013

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

jonjonaug posted:

It was a rumor that apparently wasn't accurate, but I've been hearing more rumors from other sources that its still getting cancelled. Yeah, I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coathat
May 21, 2007

Volume one of Cross Manage is now on sale! Jump on it.
http://www.vizmanga.com/reader/1686?full=true