Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 40!

In which we are led to wonder just how many of Chankuma's shirts and jackets have the word "gently caress" on them somewhere.

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well, I'm intrigued how the present connects to the past now. Wonder when we'll jump back to the present again.

Meanwhile, chapter 9 of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is out.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Seven Deadly Sins 31

While it's indeed cool to have Elizabeth finally get to show off some fighting, I'm wondering why she didn't do anything earlier when she knew awesome super kung-fu from the beginning?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

DrSunshine posted:

Seven Deadly Sins 31

While it's indeed cool to have Elizabeth finally get to show off some fighting, I'm wondering why she didn't do anything earlier when she knew awesome super kung-fu from the beginning?

Because It's not her. It's the hat controlling her.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

SpazmasterX posted:

Because It's not her. It's the hat controlling her.

Or the earrings Veronica gave her?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hopefully after Meliodas/Ban/King inevitably saves her she remembers the moves she used and becomes mildly competent.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

RatHat posted:

Hopefully after Meliodas/Ban/King inevitably saves her she remembers the moves she used and becomes mildly competent.

Hopefully she becomes an antagonist and leaves, because she's the only crappy character of the gang

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

New chapter of Rosario+Vampire: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Rosario-Vampire-II/Rosario-Vampire-Season-II-064----Sorry?id=166337

The ending of this chapter is pretty cliche, but whatever.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Silento posted:

New chapter of Rosario+Vampire: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Rosario-Vampire-II/Rosario-Vampire-Season-II-064----Sorry?id=166337

The ending of this chapter is pretty cliche, but whatever.

I don't think Gyokuro ever said she was the leader of Fairy Tale, so it's no surprise that the (probably) actual leader is just showing up now. There's no way she could've gotten away with what she was doing unless he was allowing it. I kinda hope they actually get a "break" soon though, cause I always liked the interlude chapters with school shenanigans and training.

Goku Klux Klan
Mar 15, 2004
Obligatory Custom Title
not exactly like he showed up out of nowhere either, he was hinted at being in charge behind the scenes for quite a few chapters, but yea it still is pretty cliche, could've had a better way of introducing him rather than 'aha that was my plan all along btw i'm the boss'

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Goku Klux Klan posted:

not exactly like he showed up out of nowhere either, he was hinted at being in charge behind the scenes for quite a few chapters, but yea it still is pretty cliche, could've had a better way of introducing him rather than 'aha that was my plan all along btw i'm the boss'

R+V

I can't loving believe that reveal. It's so bad. It's like they invalidated everything that's been done this arc, well, except killing a sister and a mother. Whoop. The world was already about to be hosed, and Moka has already been kidnapped and put at risk. What's next can only be completely and utterly absurd, and mustache twirlingly evil. Maybe it's Moka's Dad, there to throw Moka into alucard and free her mother? Who the gently caress knows. At this stage I'm ready for almost anything.

And the whole Gyokuro thing is so dumb. Kahlua going "Forgive mom, she was just really jealous" is so loving stupid. You murdered tons of people, hurt everyone else you loved and traumatized your little sister for life just so you could stick with your completely batshit mother, who was only batshit because she was jealous? Really? Urgh.

Honestly, I just want to go back to the slice of life stuff at this point. The first few battle chapters were cool, Tsukune growing, also cool, but at this stage they're running out of characters to drag into this mess. The stakes have just gotten too high, too fast. It feels like they're writing themselves into a corner.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Rosario+Vampire is honestly pretty bad. I don't mean bad like the anime was, I mean even the "good" chapters that have been going on for 40 or so chapters or whatever. It's just really generic and unimaginative. You can predict just about every "twist" or fight with ease. It feels like it came off a factory production line for shounen.

coathat
May 21, 2007

You people should read good manga like Blazing Transfer Student which happens to have a new chapter. http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Blazing-Transfer-Student/Vol-005-Ch-045--Namekata-the-Schemer--?id=166327

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
If anyone follows Vocaloid poo poo at all, Manbo Dead Behind the House-P and his sister just started on a new series for Gangan Online called "The Festive Monster’s Cheerful Failure". It's, uh, pretty much what you'd expect from the guy who makes songs about a woman's love for a classy fire extinguisher.

It's up to the fifth chapter right now and being actively translated. It's pretty amusing so far, if the absurdity and constant reaction shots don't put you off.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 5, 2013

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 41 and 42!

"I'm back from the future, and we're gettin' the band back together, man!"

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular had a new chapter, in which a regular trope of the shounen romance genre is used in a malicious manner.

:siren: Kuroki may have gotten a new friend :siren:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Someone drew a one-shot titled Jump Super Stars featuring all the big name protagonists of WSJ mangas.

Yes it is every bit as awesome as you would imagine that to be.

EDIT: Now I'm not actually sure if it's Murata.

Also, yes, it seems pretty old! But it's the first I've ever heard of it.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 12, 2013

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DrSunshine posted:

Manga Superstar Yusuke Murata -- yes, the OnePunch Man guy -- drew a one-shot titled Jump Super Stars featuring all the big name protagonists of WSJ mangas.

That has to be old. As Jump Super Stars was out like 8 years ago.

Though they should make another one of those games. They were pretty fun. I imported Ultimate Stars when it came out.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 11, 2013

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Dexo posted:

Though they should make another one of those games. They were pretty fun. I imported Ultimate Stars when it came out.

They are making a new Jump-based fighter, but details are pretty light. Only 6 characters are confirmed right now and I haven't heard anything about the combat, so I don't know if it is gonna be like Jump Super Stars.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

DrSunshine posted:

Someone drew a one-shot titled Jump Super Stars featuring all the big name protagonists of WSJ mangas.

EDIT: Now I'm not actually sure if it's Murata.

Also, yes, it seems pretty old! But it's the first I've ever heard of it.

It's definitely Murata's style.

Here's a better quality version, since that link is a downsize of a downsize.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 12, 2013

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Seven Deadly Sins 32

It's Diane! :neckbeard:

I thought it was kind of a dick move that she got benched in the arc to retrieve her own treasure.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I certainly didn't expect that. Did they fuse into the same body somehow? Maybe related to her sacred treasure?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

RatHat posted:

I certainly didn't expect that. Did they fuse into the same body somehow? Maybe related to her sacred treasure?

Somehow Elizabeth is in the necklace and Diane has possessed her body, I think.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 43 and 44!

In which Imamura tries to take advantage of the high school rumor mill in the dumbest way possible,

and we get another glorious Usamiface.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Autonomous Monster posted:

Seven Deadly Sins 32

It's Diane! :neckbeard:

I thought it was kind of a dick move that she got benched in the arc to retrieve her own treasure.

Also, it seems like Elizabeth is really from the country Meliodas destroyed.

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012

Mary Annette posted:

Again!! 43 and 44!

In which Imamura tries to take advantage of the high school rumor mill in the dumbest way possible,
and we get another glorious Usamiface.

Everything about Again!! is really good, this manga deserves a lot more love. Also, every shonen manga should have a shoujo protagonist who just follows the main character around and reacts to things.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Sket Dance 245-246

Dun dun!! I could see that Switch was the real admin from a mile away. Still, looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Though we know the ultimate outcome, of course.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Donyatsu just got weird. If you are familiar with the manga, you should be aware of how remarkable this statement is.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Donyatsu/Vol-001-Ch-013--Boy-Meets-Bot?id=167664

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Yowamushi Pedal just got shonen. If you are familiar with the manga, you should be aware of how remarkable this statement is.

In VOLUME 6, we meet the toughest team of rivals, the one equal to the main protagonist, the hint of something even greater within the main protagonist, people everywhere getting serious, intra-team rivalry Arc II, intra-team rivalry Arc II Part 2, Shonen friendship, and super Shonen friendship. All in all, deadly amounts of shonen with enough hot-bloodedness to keep a naked man alive in Siberia. Don't read in one sitting without heavy amounts of J-Rock on the side.

There is far more strategy to team biking than I ever thought. And holy goddamn, Onoda still hadn't had the complete biking equipment? By the time he wore all he should and riding a bike suited for him, he'll be the national champion.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jun 16, 2013

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

toanoradian posted:

Yowamushi Pedal just got shonen. If you are familiar with the manga, you should be aware of how remarkable this statement is.

In VOLUME 6, we meet the toughest team of rivals, the one equal to the main protagonist, the hint of something even greater within the main protagonist, people everywhere getting serious, intra-team rivalry Arc II, intra-team rivalry Arc II Part 2, Shonen friendship, and super Shonen friendship. All in all, deadly amounts of shonen with enough hot-bloodedness to keep a naked man alive in Siberia. Don't read in one sitting without heavy amounts of J-Rock on the side.

There is far more strategy to team biking than I ever thought. And holy goddamn, Onoda still hadn't had the complete biking equipment? By the time he wore all he should and riding a bike suited for him, he'll be the national champion.

Oh my god, when he meets his lil' rival, it's just sooooo shoneny!! This manga gets me so pumped up with excitement. It's really the best shonen.

What I like about it is that it has a positive tone to it. There aren't really any "evil" characters, everyone's just really competitive and devoted to biking. It's very nice and refreshing.

The art style is kind of janky, though, especially the faces. But it has a nice, sketchy, energetic sense to it that's perfect for the manga.

EDIT: YEAAHHHH! Nakama!!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 16, 2013

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I agree completely with the positive tone. I don't think that's going to last, though. There will be an evil bastard someday, or else it's not shonen! But then we'll figure out the bad guy just had a bad past and he is restored by the belief of his teammates and Onoda's cheerfulness. Shonen gotta shon :v:

Regarding the art, I would also call it 'stretchy'. Some of the limbs are far longer than they should be, it's like a muscular version of CLAMP's noodly people.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Seven Deadly Sins Chapter 33

The first half of this chapter is loving terrible even though clothes actually obey the normal rules or shrinking/expanding hosts

Next chapter is shaping up to be pretty great though :black101:

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
We also got three new chapters of Gamble Fish today. Unfortunately with Abidani's backstory ending in the previous batch we are back to its fanservice self.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
PSI Kusuo Saiki 8.5 wherein we learn the uselessness of psychic powers, other than exploding terrible people.

edit: Just realized this should go in the absurd daily life thread.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 19, 2013

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 45!

In which a course of action is quickly decided and just as quickly discarded.

Buff Baby
Jan 7, 2008

As a human being, I'm embarrassed.
I'm just going to say that Kamisama no Iutoori has gotten crazy good if you're into mind games and don't mind a lot of blood splatters on every chapter. The premise of it is that some high school kids get trapped into playing multiple games with a God-like being. If you lose the game, don't follow the rules, or refuse to play, it's instant death. The games center around figuring out the rules of each game along with using your brain to figure out how to not die. It basically keeps you thinking about 'how will the protagonist get his way out of this?'.

The manga is split into two parts, with different characters playing different games in each part. If you're just starting out, start with Kamisama no Iutoori, then move onto Kamisama no Iutoori Part II.

I think I first found out about this manga from this thread but I haven't seen any recent posts so I'll just chuck it out there for people who haven't read it before. If I had to relate it to other mangas, it would be like Cage of Eden, Kaiji and a little bit of Liar Game?

EDIT: For those who have been keeping up with it- HOLY poo poo I love the premise of the zero connect. It would be a lot more fun if each of the teams had multiple members and they had to continue choosing who to sacrifice. But the author is obviously going to end this game on the next chapter, and I have no idea how Akashi and the crazy dude is going to get out of doing a zero connect.

Buff Baby fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jun 19, 2013

Goku Klux Klan
Mar 15, 2004
Obligatory Custom Title
yea I just stumbled upon Kamisama no Iutoori the other day as well and am loving it.

series 1 spoiler The ending of the first series was really dissapointing, although I guess realistic given the whole plan of trying to kill 'god' it still feels a lot like the series just got cut with the characters that have been built up for a while and the new side characters just getting left with no resolution whatsover, as well as the whole story with the games and such as a whole is a lot more interesting than just the MC. Really hoping when the second season 'catches up' in time to the first one we get some form of resolution, although with how the MC's were disposed of in such a way is just begging for some dues ex 'hey we not really dead guys!' type plot foible.

series 2 spoiler The games tend to drag for like 3-4 chapters longer than would be necessary in my opinion. Although I'm in love with the sand tower game and am really looking forward to next weeks ending chapter, it felt like this game has been going on forever and a lot of the build ups have been kinda boring, I just can't get too excited about grabbing sand, although the payoff does seem good as it finally got into a situation of a real death game showdown, I just wish it got here faster. I'm much more interested in the hear no evil musical chairs, I'm sure sitting down too early will result in death and we are going to get people throwing others into chairs and other fun strategies for figuring out when is safe. I just hope they show that rather then skip over it since the MC's + harem all chose sandcastling

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Half the cast dying at the end of Part I really put me off Kamisama no Iutoori. Who are these characters? I don't know these characters! I don't care about these characters! Bring back the old characters. I cared about them! We were finally getting somewhere with the plot, even. And the art's gone all to pot because it's weekly now, and, uurgh, I just cannot be bothered.

It's got a pretty great one-page for one-page threads, though:

Goku Klux Klan
Mar 15, 2004
Obligatory Custom Title
yea I also wish season 2 was just a straight continue ;(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Oh man I had no idea people on here followed Iutoori. I've been in love with this manga ever since "Luck!"