Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
I've started reading Iutoori, and it is quite intense. Ended up marathoning it all the way to where II is at now. One little annoyance I have, though it is minor since it can be ignored: What in god's name is going on in the panel margins? Every time I'm trying to read sfx/translation notes, I'm seeing all of these ridiculous comments such as "what a fag" and "*facepalm* wtf is going on with this stupid faggy series?! what the poo poo seriously". Is there a better group to subscribe to? I remember Cage of Eden had a similar problem...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Hmm. I guess it goes here, for lack of a different thread. It's not really "surreal" enough for the "Surreal Daily Life Manga" thread. But it's good and deserves a shout-out:

Today's Curry.

It's a gentle ordinary life sort of comedy, rather like Yotsuba, if Yotsuba's dad were the proprietor of a curry van and lived on an island with a few supernatural inhabitants alongside the humans. Two adolescent girls work at the van as well, a dark-haired, reserved girl, who reminds me of Miura from Yotsuba and a hyperactive girl who reminds me of Tomo from Azumanga Daioh. It's light, funny, and enjoyable.

Buff Baby
Jan 7, 2008

As a human being, I'm embarrassed.
I hate the translating group with a passion because of the dumb 'comments' they put outside of the panels. I don't know any other translation groups that have picked this series up, so I've been just trying my best to not read their 4chan comments. It's the same translating group as Cage of Eden unfortunately.

As for the part one - I really miss the old characters as well. Amaya was the right brand of crazy and Shun was a good protagonist with a bit of 'hosed in the head' but with the 'everybody must live' mentality.

The new protagonist just feels like a rehash of Shun. But I'm still interested to see how the author will develop his relationships and characters this time around, because last time Shun pretty much fully embraced his insane side that liked to put his life on the line, as well as the girl who got crazy turned on whenever death was involved. I don't see the author going the same way with these new characters, so it's still keeping me interested.

Compared to Part 1, Part 2 is just a romance comedy!

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

DrSunshine posted:

Hmm. I guess it goes here, for lack of a different thread. It's not really "surreal" enough for the "Surreal Daily Life Manga" thread. But it's good and deserves a shout-out:

Today's Curry.

It's a gentle ordinary life sort of comedy, rather like Yotsuba, if Yotsuba's dad were the proprietor of a curry van and lived on an island with a few supernatural inhabitants alongside the humans. Two adolescent girls work at the van as well, a dark-haired, reserved girl, who reminds me of Miura from Yotsuba and a hyperactive girl who reminds me of Tomo from Azumanga Daioh. It's light, funny, and enjoyable.

I'm really enjoying this manga :) Thanks for the link!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrSunshine posted:

Today's Curry.

This manga is really endearing. :3: Many thanks for the introduction.

EDIT: The goddess in Chapter 2 reminds me of Touhou's Kanako for some reason.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jun 20, 2013

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is there a series like Kamisama no Iutoori but people end up with special powers or did I imagine it or is that it?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Scott Bakula posted:

Is there a series like Kamisama no Iutoori but people end up with special powers or did I imagine it or is that it?

Yes, it was a jump manga that didn't run for very long. I forget the name.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Scott Bakula posted:

I think you're thinking of Aphorism

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular 43!

This is why the term 'NSFW' exists, Tomoko! Hope you learned your lesson, and don't end up with a traumatizing nickname!

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 24, 2013

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?

Scott Bakula posted:

That's probably Enigma.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 46!

"I thought I was being really positive." :(

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mary Annette posted:

Again!! 46!

"I thought I was being really positive." :(

I'm not sure how I feel about Imamura building a harem of sorts (though it looks like they might be setting up a potential relationship between Shibata and baseball dude).

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Tail Star updated! :woop:

Which is something I wish it'd do more often, because I can barely remember what it's about half the time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Autonomous Monster posted:

Tail Star updated! :woop:

Which is something I wish it'd do more often, because I can barely remember what it's about half the time.

It is about punching the main characters in the balls, repeatedly and at length.

Qualia the Purple wasn't all that interesting at first, but the last couple of chapters have changed direction and it is now very weird and novel. It is worth reading. http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Qualia-the-Purple

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Qualia the Purple goes absolutely crazy after the first few chapters and I can't wait to see where it's going with this.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Rosario+Vampire continues being awesome.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

it is now very weird and novel.

Thats one way to put it :words:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

.Clash posted:

Thats one way to put it :words:

Yeah, it has one of the weirdest disparities between summary/first chapter and actual content I've seen. And that's not even taking the dissonance in tone between the opening pages and the rest into account.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 47!

And here I thought Super Mario was supposed to be good at jumping up and breaking things.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Not sure where to put this, but I'm dying at the fact that Shaft is gonna produce the Nisekoi anime

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Seven Sins 36

"The legendary criminal, getting ready for more groping!!" :geno:

But hey, I guess now we know what Meliodas' sin does. Even if we're still not sure what it is. Berserk mode? Hidden personality?

bondster
May 6, 2007

Autonomous Monster posted:

Seven Sins 36

"The legendary criminal, getting ready for more groping!!" :geno:

But hey, I guess now we know what Meliodas' sin does. Even if we're still not sure what it is. Berserk mode? Hidden personality?

It may be referring to what was said about Melioda in Chapter 28

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
So Akira Toriyama's new manga, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman just popped up. Seems interesting.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Seven Deadly Sins

It's a pretty enjoyable chapter. Not so heavy on the fanservice, and Diane gets to do some nice fights. It's a good thing that she got shrunk down, since there's few opportunities for a giant to fight a normal opponent.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I almost missed King shifting back and forth to try to get Diane's attention this time.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 48

and 49!

In which yelling. That is all.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Get ready for more :ssj: BURNING SHONEN SPIRIT :ssj: because Yowamushi Pedal vol. 7 was just posted!!

EDIT:

OH MY GOD THEY'RE USING THE LOWER HANDLE BARS!!!! PWOOOOSSH! :aaa:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 20, 2013

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 50!

In which all the action that was missing from the last two chapters is found, we play another round of gently caress yeah, Shibata :dance: / oh no, Shibata! :ohdear:, and no one knows where Toronto is.

EDIT: Fixed link.

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 23, 2013

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

DrSunshine posted:

Seven Deadly Sins

It's a pretty enjoyable chapter. Not so heavy on the fanservice, and Diane gets to do some nice fights. It's a good thing that she got shrunk down, since there's few opportunities for a giant to fight a normal opponent.

It also has the best line from the pig "I'm nude and I have a heart of diamond"

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

DrSunshine posted:

Get ready for more :ssj: BURNING SHONEN SPIRIT :ssj: because Yowamushi Pedal vol. 7 was just posted!!

EDIT:

OH MY GOD THEY'RE USING THE LOWER HANDLE BARS!!!! PWOOOOSSH! :aaa:

I'm excited about the :ssj:PEDAL UPGRADE:ssj:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Sket Dance 252!

We're done with the dramatic arc and back to more random nonsense, which is what you should be reading Sket Dance for, anyway. Great chapter.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I love it whenever Roman appears, because it's always an excuse to break the fourth wall. It's just lovely. :allears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

New Seven Deadly Sins

Ban is such a loving troll, he's the best. :allears:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh man that last page! I fell out of my chair!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Rosario+Vampire II

:stonk:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HOLY poo poo :suspense:

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

:psyduck: Remember when we thought it was over a couple chapters back?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

MadHat posted:

:psyduck: Remember when we thought it was over a couple chapters back?

Yeah, it was all going to be quite dandy :stonklol:

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
New one from Tanabe Yellow (of Kekkaishi fame). Nothing to it yet at two chapters in, but he's got a pretty good track record so we'll just have to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Hey, remember from the last thread that amazing oneshot about a deaf girl and bullies? The series, based on that oneshot, starts now! You should check it out.

I would much rather the series continue on their high-school days with small bits of flashbacks here and there, but I suppose elementary school bullying is the point.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 8, 2013