Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
New Gamble Fish :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I never get tired of King Omaha having random cameos in manga. :allears:

Chalupa Picada fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 8, 2013

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Gamble Fish is art.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

toanoradian posted:

Hey, remember from the last thread that amazing oneshot about a deaf girl and bullies? The series, based on that oneshot, starts now! You should check it out.

Fingers crossed for this one, I loved the oneshot.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I love Gamble Fish.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Never stop being crazy Gamble Fish. :allears:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 51

and 52!

In which the ouendan dares to be stupid, and this time it's Suzuki with the save!

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
What do you guys use to keep up with what manga you're reading and where? I need to get back into reading again but keeping up is a pain

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Irritated Goat posted:

What do you guys use to keep up with what manga you're reading and where? I need to get back into reading again but keeping up is a pain

RSS bookmarks, and I'm absolutely sure there is a much more efficient way than this.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Irritated Goat posted:

If you're on Chrome use the All Mangas Reader extension. Keeps track of every series, automatically tells you when new chapters are updated and tweaks the readers into showing all the pages in the same window.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
I use https://www.myanimelist.net. Alternately/additionally, a lot of reader sites will do it for you if you create an account. Kissmanga is the best because it's the only one I know of that loads all the images on one page. You can check a box to get an email everytime there's a new chapter of something you've bookmarked.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Irritated Goat posted:

My brain and these threads.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I typically use All Mangas reader, but it has its issues especially if it crashes and you lose your manga list. Any manga reader site with account bookmarks works fine just as well though, like Kissmanga. Mangaupdates.com is actually pretty useful to know about the various scanlation groups working on manga, and will list everything since it's not a manga reader site, so it's nice to have a reading list on.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Irritated Goat posted:

Check Kissmanga and Mangafox a couple times a day to see if anything I read has popped up or anything new with an attention-grabbing cover thumbnail has shown up. It's much easier nowadays since I only read probably 15 titles.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

SpazmasterX posted:

Check Kissmanga and Mangafox a couple times a day to see if anything I read has popped up or anything new with an attention-grabbing cover thumbnail has shown up. It's much easier nowadays since I only read probably 15 titles.
This, except I only check Kissmanga. I don't usually keep track of where I am; if it was interesting enough to keep reading I'll just find a familiar point in the story and go from there.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Can Of Worms posted:

This, except I only check Kissmanga. I don't usually keep track of where I am; if it was interesting enough to keep reading I'll just find a familiar point in the story and go from there.

I only check mangafox because they find new updates faster sometimes. Actually being able to read them there is a whole other story thanks to the fact that they update any licensed series even though they won't actually let you see them.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
A whole volume's worth of chapters for Again, starting from Chapter 53.

Man, I feel like I've seen protagonist baseball teams lose more than actually getting a win in shonen, and they never go to Koshien.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Allarion posted:

Man, I feel like I've seen protagonist baseball teams lose more than actually getting a win in shonen, and they never go to Koshien.

drat, to say this is a lot to process at once would be an understatement. I love the way this guy draws reaction faces, both comedic and serious.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Allarion posted:

Can every day be VIS' birthday, please? :ohdear:

This is so beautiful. :3:

I hope it lasts. :ohdear:

(it won't :cry:)

Allarion posted:

If that's something you want to see more of, have you read H2?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I know this is kind of a silly question, but has Again changed or gotten better in these later chapters? I dropped it around the time they introduced the rival midget ouendan leader. I thought the concept for the series was pretty great but did not care about the ouendan stuff at all.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Nate RFB posted:

I know this is kind of a silly question, but has Again changed or gotten better in these later chapters? I dropped it around the time they introduced the rival midget ouendan leader. I thought the concept for the series was pretty great but did not care about the ouendan stuff at all.

I think this is the end of the rival/ouedan arc, and we're back to more general time travel shenanigans after this. The whole cheering concept isn't going to go away, though, I don't think: it's kind of a theme with Kubo Mitsurou.

And this volume made it totally awesome so shut up. :colbert:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Autonomous Monster posted:

This is so beautiful. :3:

I hope it lasts. :ohdear:

(it won't :cry:)

I counted at least 5 rounds worth of "gently caress yeah, Shibata!" :dance: / "Oh, no, Shibata!" :ohdear:

Nate RFB posted:

[General raw spoilers]

After the baseball game, the organized ouendan stuff drops off a lot. Volume 7 is one long game of "gently caress yeah, Shibata!" :dance: / "Oh, no, Shibata!" :ohdear:, and volume 8 sees the gang helping out the Drama Club. Hiro also gets a much bigger role (as a tremendous dick), and, for the first time in my knowledge, a Japanese mangaka makes an artistic reference to Little Orphan Annie.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I've been re-reading through Negima! again recently, and I was curious what Akamatsu was doing nowadays, so I googled it. And I found this.

I am so hype. My body is ready. :fap:

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I still want the rest of Negima. If this answers a bunch of questions from that, then I will be able to die in peace.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Silento posted:

I've been re-reading through Negima! again recently, and I was curious what Akamatsu was doing nowadays, so I googled it. And I found this.

I am so hype. My body is ready. :fap:

Probably not the best choice of smilie there, given Negima. But my body is also ready. Negima turned into a great action series pretty quickly and only got better toward the end, and since this appears to be more focused on being a battle series, so much the better. I kind of wish it wasn't a male protagonist again though, but who cares as long as he continues to write main protagonists who don't suck, which is rare nowadays, and he's pretty good at making likable side characters that show up a lot, too.

Now the next series by the person who make Binbougami-ga needs to come out and I'll be a happy guy.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 21, 2013

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

The emoticon was the joke :ssh:. But yea, the easiest way for this to be better than Negima is it having less of a focus on fanservice. I hope we at least hear about characters like Rakan, Negi, and Eva in passing, even if all it is is a story of their adventures or something.

This is gonna be a long week...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is it just me or does the description of his new series sound like it's set in the same world as Negima?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

RatHat posted:

Is it just me or does the description of his new series sound like it's set in the same world as Negima?

It'd be downright misleading if it wasn't.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

It actually takes place in the world of Mx0.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Sonata Mused posted:

It actually takes place in the world of Mx0.

Don't toy with my heart, bro.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Somehow the insane policewoman Kiruko manga gained enough of a cult following that it rose from the dead in a different magazine! Here's the first chapter.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Whoa, really? I actually like the series, so this is cool.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Thanks for posting that! Somehow I never read the last two chapters of Kiruko's first run. It's good to have her back.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So a new Jump Manga pop'd up.

Hime Doll: a comedy about a Media High School (?) the main character being a hairdresser in the making who's coerced into helping the local Yankee Queen in her dream of becoming an Idol against her father (Who's some sort of Ex-Yakuza Gym Meathead) wishes. It looks interesting and might do something with the formula but I'm just dreading the moment it gets Medaka'd because it can only have battles as a secondary concern Because, goddamnit, if the police girl manga can get shitcanned (albeit with a reinstation) what is safe these days?.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Aug 23, 2013

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

RatHat posted:

Spoilers confirm that it follows after Negima. Eva is in it

Kleptobot posted:

Somehow the insane policewoman Kiruko manga gained enough of a cult following that it rose from the dead in a different magazine! Here's the first chapter.

Are jump finally realising new manga doesn't need to be trashed because it can't compete against its own other extremely popular series?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

.Clash posted:

Are jump finally realising new manga doesn't need to be trashed because it can't compete against its own other extremely popular series?

In America they call it HBO Syndrome.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

.Clash posted:

Spoilers confirm that it follows after Negima. Eva is in it

Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

My body is ready Akamatsu. Bring it on.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

So a new Jump Manga pop'd up.

Hime Doll: a comedy about a Media High School (?) the main character being a hairdresser in the making who's coerced into helping the local Yankee Queen in her dream of becoming an Idol against her father (Who's some sort of Ex-Yakuza Gym Meathead) wishes. It looks interesting and might do something with the formula but I'm just dreading the moment it gets Medaka'd because it can only have battles as a secondary concern Because, goddamnit, if the police girl manga can get shitcanned (albeit with a reinstation) what is safe these days?.

Police girl manga got canned because it was poo poo and had a main character that just wanted to molest and rape his coworkers. :ssh:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

This guy looks the same as Fate:
I found that image on AstroNerdBoy's blog, he used to post spoilers from Negima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

KoB posted:

Police girl manga got canned because it was poo poo and had a main character that just wanted to molest and rape his coworkers. :ssh:
Hands in the air, I only knew that it was bonkers nonsense and it seemed good but not my cup of tea.