Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
UQ Holder by Akamatsu has been released by Mangastream. The first 10 pages or so confirm its a direct Negima sequel set a few generations in the future. Its going to have to work hard as gently caress to make up for the fact that the Negima's entire final arc which would have explained the storyline was literally resolved off-screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

Angry Grimace posted:

UQ Holder by Akamatsu has been released by Mangastream. The first 10 pages or so confirm its a direct Negima sequel set a few generations in the future. Its going to have to work hard as gently caress to make up for the fact that the Negima's entire final arc which would have explained the storyline was literally resolved off-screen.

http://readms.com/r/uq_holder/1/2026/1

Link for lazy people. SO EXCITED

Eva was one of my favorite Negima characters by far. Those first few pages, especially the one where she leaves Chachazero, break my heart

E: Maaaaaaaaaaan, I'm so jazzed up now. Akamatsu is still god.

Sonata Mused fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 27, 2013

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Sonata Mused posted:

http://readms.com/r/uq_holder/1/2026/1

Link for lazy people. SO EXCITED

Eva was one of my favorite Negima characters by far. Those first few pages, especially the one where she leaves Chachazero, break my heart

E: Maaaaaaaaaaan, I'm so jazzed up now. Akamatsu is still god.

This is a good manga. Go read it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yep, that was some fine Akamatsu related shenanigans there. Was sort of wondering if it'd turn out that Touya was a werewolf or something but no this works too.

And, yeah, I suppose if the person fixing Chachamaru is long gone, she was probably not much longer for the world either though I would be more than happy to be proven wrong by that.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 65!

Burning spirit makes you look cool.

Sket Dance 253!

Drugs make you look cool.

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 28, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Rosario+Vampire

Things keeps getting more and more real :suspense:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

New Rosario+Vampire

Things keeps getting more and more real :suspense:

Why do new chapters only come out once a month? :smith:

asur
Dec 28, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

Why do new chapters only come out once a month? :smith:

It's in Jump SQ which is a monthly magazine.

Also Seven Deadly Sins c44.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

asur posted:

It's in Jump SQ which is a monthly magazine.

I was speaking rhetorically.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
This is not new at all, but the guy who drew Zetsubou-Sensei made a oneshot titled Contract Detective Nokori Kasuhiro, which I think is quite good. It's about a detective who only handles cases every other detectives had given up on.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

toanoradian posted:

This is not new at all, but the guy who drew Zetsubou-Sensei made a oneshot titled Contract Detective Nokori Kasuhiro, which I think is quite good. It's about a detective who only handles cases every other detectives had given up on.
Wow, that was excellent. His art is so stylish

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

KoB posted:

Police girl manga got canned because it was poo poo and had a main character that just wanted to molest and rape his coworkers. :ssh:
I'm not saying it wasn't terrible but there's no way the latter had anything to do with its canning. Source: The male protagonists/secondary male characters in a poo poo load of manga

Relin fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Sep 5, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Relin posted:

I'm not saying it wasn't terrible but there's no way the latter had anything to do with its canning. Source: The male protagonists/secondary male characters in a poo poo load of manga

Kiruko-san was only crap because the author actively refused to let it get off the ground. Is the new serialization just a straight reboot or do I need to read the last couple chapters of the Jump series?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Waffleman_ posted:

Kiruko-san was only crap because the author actively refused to let it get off the ground. Is the new serialization just a straight reboot or do I need to read the last couple chapters of the Jump series?

It's a continuation, but you don't need to read the last couple chapters of the first series. The only thing worth knowing is that because the whole team (except the section chief) went after a criminal with ties to 'powerful people' in the police, they're all fired. But then the same criminal forced the police department to accept the whole team back.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://ex2.unixmanga.net/onlinereading/?image=Sket%20Dance/Sket%20Dance%20c254/001.jpg&server=nas.htmljj

Great Chapter of Sket Dance

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Ahhh, a heist plot executed in a way that only Sket Dance could've done. Brilliant. :allears:

EDIT: Ah, another Sket Dance. Always a nice thing to see!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 14, 2013

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

New chapter of Seven Sins.

Meliodas is back, and now everyone's hosed forever. :black101:

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Sep 15, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Sweet tats, Meliodas.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I hope this is the start of going full-on :black101:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I kinda hope Veronica's Sidekick joins the team if only because he kidna looks like Straights (JoJo's).

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 66

and 67!

In which Shibata gets a haircut, the Ouendan's profile rises a bit, Hiro-kun fails to keep a secret, we learn exploiting knowledge of the future can be kinda tough,
and finally, Usamiface.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Autonomous Monster posted:

New chapter of Seven Sins.

Meliodas is back, and now everyone's hosed forever. :black101:

I imagine it will turn out to be something like Meliodas is part demon clan, which is why he was sucked into the amulet. But clearly hes not a bad dude so he broke out.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I'm pretty sure this is a new chapter of Medaka Box, featuring everyone's favorite loser.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/medaka_box/v14/c192.5/

Just a one off for the last volume, featuring what may be the flimsiest justification for Kumagawa "losing" in the entire series.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, that's new. The conclusion of the Kumagawa trilogy. :toot:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Fuego Fish posted:

I hope this is the start of going full-on :black101:

http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/nanatsu_no_taizai/en/0/47/

:black101:-ho!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

I see, Melodias is the hybrid child of a demon and a human so he, as of now, is completely feral in that form. Geera and Jerico were infused with it and managed to survive so they can control their new power.

Helbram's a very strong dude.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Reiche posted:

Helbram's a very strong dude.

Yeah I was wondering why King was taking such a beating like that when he's one of the Sins but now I know why.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 68!

In which Hiro-kun makes some pretty good points for some pretty bad reasons.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
New Seven Sins;

Gotta love how he's drawing it like "WHO ON EARTH OWNED THAT SUITED MAN?!" when the captions make it clear it's Diane.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

ConanThe3rd posted:

New Seven Sins;

Gotta love how he's drawing it like "WHO ON EARTH OWNED THAT SUITED MAN?!" when the captions make it clear it's Diane.

I really hope she's found Gideon bcecause I'm ready for her to beat some serious poo poo with an enormous hammer :black101:.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

New Rosario+Vampire: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Rosario-Vampire-II/Ch-066-002--Dawn-of-the-Dark--002?id=176439

This manga has gone so far off the rails. Isn't it just great? :allears:

asur
Dec 28, 2012
New Seven Sins 49

Cliffhanger from last week resolved predictably. Diane is ridiculous. What I don't quite understand is that Helbram seems surprised by how strong she is due to the sacred treasure, but King has his as well and doesn't seem nearly as strong.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
King's is more about zooming around, splitting up, and shifting forms to attack sneakily. Diane's just got a huge fuckoff hammer so it had better be the best at what huge fuckoff hammers do. :v:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
King also got blindsided.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kinda glad they seemingly killed Helbram off. His power is pretty bullshit. I'm guessing it had like a time limit or something.

Guessing that Diane won't be able to use her huge fuckoff hammer all the time because of the ridiculous collateral damage.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mary Annette posted:

Again!! 68!

In which Hiro-kun makes some pretty good points for some pretty bad reasons.

I legitimately think Hiro has the right idea and that they could find some way to get around the whole "minors being unable to bet/buy lottery tickets" thing. I mean, ask your parents to buy it or something.

I also don't quite get why Imamura is so weird about dating Shibata. It's not like he has to be in True Love to date this girl when he's 15/16 (though given the fact that he has the mind of an ~18 year old who has never dated anyone I guess it isn't that strange for him to have such an attitude, even if it's frustrating as the reader).

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I legitimately think Hiro has the right idea and that they could find some way to get around the whole "minors being unable to bet/buy lottery tickets" thing. I mean, ask your parents to buy it or something.

I also don't quite get why Imamura is so weird about dating Shibata. It's not like he has to be in True Love to date this girl when he's 15/16 (though given the fact that he has the mind of an ~18 year old who has never dated anyone I guess it isn't that strange for him to have such an attitude, even if it's frustrating as the reader).

Imamura seems to think he's not worthy of her/will inevitably gently caress it up. Which is... a pretty natural outgrowth of his lack of self-esteem, zero experience and generally pessimistic outlook, I guess. I say "seems", because it feels like we've missed a chapter somewhere; he's leapt straight from playing truant with Hiro to this, and I'm not really grasping the causal chain here.

Might be interesting to compare this with some of Kubo Mitsurou's other works; Moteki is all about the protagonist wrestling with his inability to... healthily(?)... interact with women- it's basically the story of the Nice Guy who didn't want to be a Nice Guy- and the guy in 3.3.7 Byooshi!! is... not entirely there.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Autonomous Monster posted:

Imamura seems to think he's not worthy of her/will inevitably gently caress it up. Which is... a pretty natural outgrowth of his lack of self-esteem, zero experience and generally pessimistic outlook, I guess.

I was waiting for the next chapter to make a it a double, but yeah, chapter 69 makes it crystal-clear: Convinced he's going to screw it up anyway, Imamura sets out to screw it up as quickly as possible.

Too bad for him Shibata gets impressed by the weirdest things.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

And, as if on cue chapter 70.

In which Hiro continues to be a tit, Danchou continues on in her little Danchou world, Imamura continues to self-destruct, high schoolers continue to be more excited by people dating than I ever remember, and Aki loses what little is left of her m- oh, Aki never had a mind, my mistake.

(I actually kinda miss Aki, I wish she'd get more screentime.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
It's time for another edition of HOT BLOODED CYCLING (aka Yowamushi Pedal)

In this volume, we're finally introduced to the top dogs of cycling?! We meet a lone wolf, the captain (Kinjou) shows off his reserved hot-bloodedness (if that makes any sense), and learn about his unresolved past!

On an artistic note, Makishima's fashion sense reminds me of JoJo; the "120 enemies" panel gives me a huge Annasui vibe.