Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I liked the end of Magi up until it turned out all the debate-fights with shards of Sinbad were completely pointless because David popped up again and suddenly they had to go fight the entire world. It feels like the author was told to extend the series for another year.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If I wanted to get people to read it at all costs I'd say it reminds me of Angel Densetsu.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Pretty much everything about the new characters was actually repeated in the first chapter. One is a half-Japanese smart guy who was in jail, the other is a strong guy with Shishio's sword who really likes food and was in jail.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm a big enough man to admit Watsuki Nobuhiro's art might be slightly better than mine.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Claymore does a pretty good job of keeping you on your toes by having misleading or incomplete "rankings."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

EDIT: Has anyone followed the Soul Eater guy's new thing about the firefighters? Does it get any better? I read like the first chapter but everything about it seemed basically like Soul Eater redux except completely uninteresting.
It's extremely generic shounen. They're <profession> that fights <monsters>, but wait, it turns out the true villains are also <profession>. The main character's <relative> is with the bad guys. They fight.

Also there's an incredibly terrible character introduced later whose superpower is that she trips and falls out of her clothes constantly.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i like the swole lady
Yeah she's the best character.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah it was kind of a mess but at least Alibaba finally scores.

I wish Arba got more resolution.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, it was downright bizarre. I'd love to know what was going on behind the scenes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

The art's a lot different from what it used to be like, I think, though that might be cause I never read Claymore.
His art evolved a lot over the course of Claymore.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

ariadne hadn't really grabbed me before, but now i can safely say that the princess owns
:same:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah that double timeskip in the space of a few chapters was bizarre. I guess arc 2 was going to be him working his way up before the injury, and arc 3 is him coming back from that and actually accomplishing something, so they decided to just skip to that.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 18, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

I remember trying to read arslan a while back but it didn't keep my attention at the time. is it worth going back to?
It's kind of eh. Also the manga is still nowhere near caught up with the anime, which was nowhere near finishing the story, so it feels like it could be a decade or more before it's complete considering it's monthly.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The creature designs in Magi were always great, I'm glad she decided to go all-in on that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I guess it turns out it's really, really hard to make a shounen series out of golf, but props to the guy that had the cojones to try.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah like the sumo manga it seemed like they skipped to the last arc in an effort to revitalize things, but then it got canceled during the second actual golf game after that, ouch.

I hope Hinomaru doesn't get canceled, it's pretty rad.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Fabricated posted:

and adheres strictly to the rules to the point everyone is wearing a topknot and you can't recognise half the cast anymore.
I appreciated the foresight of the artist to give the other half of the cast crazy eyes (especially the yokozuna's dual pupils) so they're still recognizable.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Relin posted:

tokyo ghoul re; ended, with blurbs on the fates of all the characters (most of whom i wager no one remembers) of note.
Man you aren't kidding. I recognize maybe one third of the characters.

By far the best part is Naki and Miza's kids.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Gun Cata.
nice

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
She didn't have it that much worse than Rukia, who was only a character for the first fifth or so.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The only good part was that for a second I really thought his dragon friend was going to live.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

If things have genuinely gotten better for her in Watamote I may have to revisit it. I started reading it a long time ago and it was just a bit too much.
You should. I couldn't handle Watamote's original form at all but now it's hilarious and heartwarming.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Ucchi definitely thinks it does.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
upgraded his teasing foursome to a fivesome, does this utter stallion have no limits

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Nagatoro definitely has progress. It gradually shifts into bullying as a thin pretext for flirting.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Pewdiepie posted:

Knights of Sidonia is good.
Another example of best girl winning, albeit not in best form.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Okay Chainsawman you've got my attention. I want to see where this relationship is going.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm really enjoying Chainsawman.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That's a good manga.

Crimson was utterly insufferable for a while but once Ragna starts loving up her plans constantly it was great again.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
No one manga should have all that Power

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The only weird thing about 7DS's pacing was Arthur getting built up so much and then unceremoniously destroyed.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm glad I still read Prince of Tennis whenever enough of those 8-page chapters accumulate for MS to do a release

Now if you're a little bit familiar with PoT you might think this is a visual metaphor, like when they turn tennis balls into lightning bolts, or black holes, or the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs. But no, those are real horses and this is actually happening.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Should have had her princess carry him

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I was surprised Kishimoto isn't actually the artist since it seems so reminiscent of later Naruto.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, poor form, yellow card. If you're going to fake out ending a 300-chapter series you have to follow it up with something more than "oops, the bad guy we just killed is back."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I knew there was no way Makima was dead.

But then I didn't think anyone else was going to die either.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Makima's demon is that one plant from that one Junji Ito comic

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Chainsawman: https://readms.net/r/csm/31/6058/1

You can tell they're fighting smart because they put on glasses.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Makima's an angel. :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I dunno, I think the existential dread devil should be up there.