Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I just now realized you can call it "MMA" and that's correct. Clever.

MMA is definitely the most interesting new series since at least Fabricant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Hajime no Ippo already did that! :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Funny you mention Tamaki, because the rest of the finale was pretty whatever but her final fight is....really something. Suddenly out of nowhere a nameless background character becomes a strawman criticizing her, loses an incredibly stupid argument, and is erased from existence while everyone else stands up and claps.

Check this and the next chapter or three out: https://mangadex.org/chapter/6c618c31-aecd-4f9e-b255-254f68a87849/1

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Is it Hiro Mashima (the Fairy Tail guy)? I think his crazy drawing two weeklies while writing a third workload came up in some thread a while ago. The fact that he can do that in four days each week is insane.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I mean, given his proclivities it doesn't not make sense.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah Baby Steps was only getting better as it went and being cancelled 400+ chapters in is crushing.

At least we got to see our boy go pro

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
it becomes a wildly successful 500 chapter series about the protagonist using his hero status to protect people by publicizing systemic corruption, leading peaceful protests, and starting non profit organizations.

Or maybe he'll fight other extradimensional threats. Could go either way.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
He's a good dad.

MMA: After the roller coaster that's been the MC and his brother's relationship it was adorable seeing him all excited about that KO.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

Is he a boy again?
Nope! She could have changed back but elects to stay a girl and asks Suzu out. They kiss. Meanwhile Suzu remains on brand and wants to learn the gender swap jutsu so she can have both.

Honestly about the best ending I could expect. It's funny that some people are surprised by it despite Matsuri's whole character arc being becoming gradually more feminine and accepting Suzu loves her as a girl too. And the antagonist of the final arc is literally boy Matsuri being puppeted by conservative old exorcists to seduce Suzu, who are then destroyed when girl Matsuri and Suzu kiss and shoot a gay beam at them. It was not a subtle story.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 24, 2023

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Fabricated posted:

I really like NG+ in Undead Unluck because Fuuko kicks rear end.
Yeah it's this. There are so many character in UU I don't remember the details of most of the tragic backstories she's averting but boss Fuuko is great.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 9, 2023

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Udon Mirage is the best part of Witch Watch

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Did he become the king of the shamans yet?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I read the last few chapters and somehow when he mastered his vibration power he just got super fast and strong. :geno:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Green Green had a fine start but it's funny that, of the three sports manga currently in WSJ, in all 3 the inciting incident is a boy seeing a cute girl do the sport.

Anyway Nao is good and I hope she never gets pushed into the background.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Tosk posted:

has anyone read Soukyuu no Ariadne by the Claymore mangaka? I really liked Claymore and I feel like I attempted that series when it was relatively new but never followed it and I can't remember what my impression of it was, but it ended pretty recently
I liked Claymore a lot more. It probably didn't help that there was also a huge gap where nobody translated it but when time travel become a big part of Ariadne's plot it became completely incomprehensible.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Sakamoto: With the way he was covering the panel border for a hot second I thought Kashima had acquired a fifty foot tall body

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
MMA deserved to be in a better publication. :colbert:

If you enjoyed it and haven't read All-Rounder Meguru, read All-Rounder Meguru.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Alacron posted:

I don't think that's true. There was that data book that came out a while back. In it, Gotouge talks about planning the series out with his editor who more or less predicted how long the series would be:

I never felt like Demon Slayer was rushed (they fought 1 upper moon, then 2, then 3, perfectly logical) and now I am vindicated.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That art style looks incredibly familiar but I don't think I've read any of their work

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
This week's Green Green Greens was great. :widowsnypa:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Akane no! Your body can't handle this level of rakugo power!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
tbf the gag was murder.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Akane's Dragonball tribute cover. :unsmith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Pierson posted:

The non-specific age where it looks like they're young enough to be involved in a school setting in some vague way but old enough to somehow be deeply involved in adult politics.
I think I've read enough manga to know this....

16, got it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I enjoyed the whiplash between Ayame and Chihiro's stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Someone at netflix is the one SDS superfan