Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

ImpAtom posted:

I admit I have no idea how they're going to resolve the Witch Watch thing because "Man effectively raises his love interest as a child and grows to act like her father, only for her to reage back to love interest age" is some creepy poo poo.

Yeah, that's something I've been worried about. I don't think that Witch Watch has any nefarious intent with the situation, but there's no way to avoid it being an issue at some point. Even if Nico doesn't remember anything once she returns to normal, Morihito is going to, and the mental gymnastics it would take to switch back from being her father to being her love interest guilt-free isn't something I think is in his wheelhouse.

I imagine that they'll just address it in a chapter where Morihito can't stop parenting Nico out of habit, Nico gets mad about it, maybe Morihito gets sad while washing Nico's kid clothes one last time, the two of them reach a new understanding, and that will be that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

I feel like the real problem Witch Watch has is that it's just better with Nico as a kid and Morihito as her father figure, because she's fundamentally not a very interesting character. Returning to the status quo of her being a love interest will make the series worse.

Yeah, that's a fair criticism. She's mainly the vehicle for hijinks to occur, and her being a child with limited to no control makes it easier for hijinks to happen. The guys are still a bunch of idiots so their reactions aren't going to change one way or another

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
The latest chapter really puts the bowling chapter in a completely different context now. I was thinking that it was meant to be a fun filler at the time, but nope, it was to set up this chapter and to make the Church look (more) like a bunch of monsters here.

I know the Witches aren't innocent either, but the framing of the attack is very intentional

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

claw game handjob posted:

Trim the plants first, damnit, I'm real curious where GGG is gonna go after this arc

Yeah, I'm really enjoying GGG, too :sigh:

muscles like this! posted:

As for the new series, Kyokuto Necromance, it comes across as incredibly generic. I don't know who at SJ editorial is obsessed with secret monster hunters but they really need to back off.

Chasing that Demon Slayer high I guess. And Shadow Eliminators just ended, too, to the shock of no one

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I don't pay for SJ/MP, which means I'm a lot less discriminate in what I choose to read; I don't want to miss out on something getting good, so I pretty much read every new series that comes out. I don't mind it, and while I've read some real garbage (Ice Head Gil, Earthchild), I would've have missed out on stuff that I grew to really enjoy, even if they didn't last long (MMA, Fabricant, Service Wars).

Honestly if I was paying for it and didn't have to worry about missing chapters, I'd probably read a whole lot less manga

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Okay, I guess I should have paid better attention to the cover art of ByeByeBye. I'm a little more interested now

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Centuria: hoo boy things are going way too well here

Kill Blue: man I really enjoyed this arc

Dear Anemone/Astro Royale/Nue's Exorcist/Kyokuto Necromancer: :effort:

Sakamoto Days:

Last Celebration posted:

fuckthemkids.png

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Wild Strawberry has (slightly) more likeable characters, but otherwise, yeah.

I'm So Hungry I Could Eat Basashi: as a very picky eater, I have never related to a character in a manga as much as I do Satomi

Daddy and Buddy: Yeah, I think I might be done with this series. It's just so boring and even when the two MCs are fighting each other I just can not make myself care

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

I just don’t think it’s good. It feels less like a story to me and more like a series of cool and well executed check points.

Yeah, I think I agree with this assessment. I enjoy Kagurabachi and genuinely think that it's better than a lot of the chaff running in Jump/Plus now... but I don't think it's good. It's... missing something, and I can't quite put my finger on what that is.

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea I wasn't expecting them to show that much either

*goes to check the latest chapter*

...huh. Is this manga normally this explicit, or is this a more recent development?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I was behind this week, so there being no Jump actually came at a great time.

gift of poison: the fact that the MC was considering murdering someone, seriously or not, makes me wonder where this is gonna go. He's already realized that he hosed up by not just fessing up earlier,
and that girl seems intent in dragging him down further

Mikane and the Sea Woman: this loving kid

Girl Meets Rock!: I agree with everyone else, this has been a fun series so far

ByeByeBye: so maybe she didn't kill her mom after all?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

Best part is I don't think he cares to flex on people. That was pure pragmatism but it's still amazing.

which makes it even more of an unintended flex, lol

Justin_Brett posted:

Psych House: Cute art, but bucket-head kid felt like kind of a cop.

Yeah, didn't particularly care for them as a MC, but maybe future characters will help

Witch Watch: lmao, best chapter in weeks

Kagurabachi: I really like where this chapter went. In most manga the MC would have just had a big fight regardless of the situation because of Emotions, but instead Chihiro analyzed the situation, kept calm, and made the smart move

Akane-banashi: surely nothing bad is gonna happen, right?

...right? :ohdear:

Green Green Greens: Nadeshiko's frustration and Haku silently crying at the end was handled really well. Please don't can this manga Jump :smith:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

It was bizarrely compelling

We were all Morihito in that chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Man I hope the Sakamoto Days anime has a budget