Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buff Baby
Jan 7, 2008

As a human being, I'm embarrassed.
I'm just going to say that Kamisama no Iutoori has gotten crazy good if you're into mind games and don't mind a lot of blood splatters on every chapter. The premise of it is that some high school kids get trapped into playing multiple games with a God-like being. If you lose the game, don't follow the rules, or refuse to play, it's instant death. The games center around figuring out the rules of each game along with using your brain to figure out how to not die. It basically keeps you thinking about 'how will the protagonist get his way out of this?'.

The manga is split into two parts, with different characters playing different games in each part. If you're just starting out, start with Kamisama no Iutoori, then move onto Kamisama no Iutoori Part II.

I think I first found out about this manga from this thread but I haven't seen any recent posts so I'll just chuck it out there for people who haven't read it before. If I had to relate it to other mangas, it would be like Cage of Eden, Kaiji and a little bit of Liar Game?

EDIT: For those who have been keeping up with it- HOLY poo poo I love the premise of the zero connect. It would be a lot more fun if each of the teams had multiple members and they had to continue choosing who to sacrifice. But the author is obviously going to end this game on the next chapter, and I have no idea how Akashi and the crazy dude is going to get out of doing a zero connect.

Buff Baby fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jun 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buff Baby
Jan 7, 2008

As a human being, I'm embarrassed.
I hate the translating group with a passion because of the dumb 'comments' they put outside of the panels. I don't know any other translation groups that have picked this series up, so I've been just trying my best to not read their 4chan comments. It's the same translating group as Cage of Eden unfortunately.

As for the part one - I really miss the old characters as well. Amaya was the right brand of crazy and Shun was a good protagonist with a bit of 'hosed in the head' but with the 'everybody must live' mentality.

The new protagonist just feels like a rehash of Shun. But I'm still interested to see how the author will develop his relationships and characters this time around, because last time Shun pretty much fully embraced his insane side that liked to put his life on the line, as well as the girl who got crazy turned on whenever death was involved. I don't see the author going the same way with these new characters, so it's still keeping me interested.

Compared to Part 1, Part 2 is just a romance comedy!