Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
To be fair, that doesn't really suit the tone of WSJ. It's nowhere near kid friendly enough. They coulda put it in Weekly Young Jump, though.

I actually thought it was pretty funny when the roomba turned out the lights. The Edison thing doesn't really feel like a strong enough premise for an entire series, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Does Gin Tama count as a battle manga? I mean, it has battles every now and then, but they're definitely not the focus.

Also, I am really enjoying the current arc, especially Zura's guardian spirit being a Toyota Corolla.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Yeah except, regardless of whether the subtext is intentional or not, all you've done is go "yo there's this subtext" without giving any evidence of it at all.

And I guess your last post could make sense from a post-structuralist point of view, but you're the one who said that the nerd hate thing IS the author's intent, so that kind of kills that idea. I think I'm probably misunderstanding your post, though. :shrug:

Basically, until you're more clear, probably everyone is just gonna assume you're trying to give your favourite high school titty manga some literary vindication.

Then again I doubt anyone really gives a poo poo. Dunno how we got from "if you ask me, this titty manga has slightly more intellectual merit than most" to where we are now. Goons like arguing, I guess.

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 9, 2014

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

is anyone else reading the shounen story about ballroom dancing? because you need to be so we can get more than 4 chapters of it translated. Ballroom e Youkoso is the name

Yeah, and it's great!

Here is a link for anyone interested: Ballroom e Youkoso

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I really, really like the ballroom dancers manga, but I really hope the male characters gets some comeuppance for treating the female characters like tools.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

blastron posted:

Yeah, that bugs me too. It feels like the female characters are only there because they are required to in order for the ballroom dancing setting to work. They're never portrayed as skillful dancers (like the male characters are), but as desirable dance partners. That said, this is a shounen manga, so I doubt we're going to see any morality lessons about gender equality.

Yeah, I certainly don't expect it to happen. It would just be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
The fourth chapter of Supinamarada! is out.

This is a manga about a figure skater taking up ice hockey.

It seems promising, but the pace of scanlation is pretty slow.