Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
You should probably link to the Mizukami thread if you're mentioning Sengoku Youko; that's where new chapters of that series are usually discussed. I'd highly recommend every series discussed in that thread.

In terms of undiscussed stuff I read... I'd recommend Yamada and the Seven Witches. It's the second serialization of the creator of Yankee-kun to Megane-Chan and centers around the eponymous characters, all of whom have special powers that activate when they kiss another person. Admittedly the last part of the premise is a bit dumb (why a kiss?), but the story is all about finding the other Witches, working out how their powers work, and using those powers to solve problems. Characters are generally pretty intelligent, even the "dumb delinquent" main character, and it's scanlated in a way that gives most of the major characters distinct voices. It's one of the better weeklies.

There's also Akame ga Kill!, which is basically right at the shounen/seinen edge. It's about a country kid who moves to the capital of a corrupt fantasy empire and falls in with Night Raid, an assassin's organization working with the anti-empire rebels. Characters are likeable, the fights are good, and people can and do die. It's not the most morally complex story, but it's gray enough to stay interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU