Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

VibrantPareidolia posted:

For a minute there I honestly thought you were talking about the sleepy princess manga :v:

Same. She could very well be a murder princess. She murders the creatures in the Demon King's castle all the time! (Although they just rez)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

The artist, Boichi, is extremely skilled at drawing Titties and rear end.

Well golly gee whillickers, sign me up!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Jose posted:

i wonder what the long term plan for the series is because once they're out of the orphanage its all going gantz-y

It's going to be revealed that the orphanage is actually inside an even bigger prison that they have to escape from.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

A series of ever increasingly large and elaborate prisons until they find the person ultimately responsible for this all

God.

Buddha. "Time to escape from the prison... of your karma." :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Blood Lad is a pretty solid shounen series.

It's OK. I read it all up to the latest chapters, and while the characters have a nice, post-Bleach design aesthetic to them, the plot feels kind of laid-back and low-stakes. To me it kind of dickers around a bit but doesn't do a great job of really raising the stakes or my personal feeling investment level in it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

HenryEx posted:

What in the gently caress

Cool edgy teens posing in stylish fashion!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

I'm a top idol

Cool, where is your AMA thread?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

yo that last panel tho

Jesus. :stonk:

Yo guys this manga is dark a.f., and I'm freaking lovin it!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Fabricated posted:

The Promised Neverland: :stare:

Our obvious suggestions are apparently obvious.

Ray and Emma were pretending not to care anymore and letting Don and Gilda take care of preparations.

Ray and Emma argue a bit over when to do it, Ray proposes immediately. His solution: Burn the house down, and use some prepared molotovs to set fire to the forests in the surrounding plants when they get up on the wall to draw attention away from the bridge, after plugging the keyhole in Isabella's secret room so she can't call for help. They start pouring lamp oil everywhere in the dining hall.

Emma asks what they'll do if Isabella decides to forget about the house and make sure Ray and Emma don't get away. Ray gives her a scrapbook full of pictures of them and the other kids, then shows her his solution: He dumps a can of oil on himself and lights a match.

Link

Well. :stare: That escalated quickly.

I never expected to see suicide by self-immolation in a Shounen Jump manga. Jesus christ. Once Ray started talking about his "set everything on fire" plan I kept thinking "She's gonna stop him right? Right??"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Well of course she is, Ender Wiggin is perfect.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Bakuman has some real capital-P Problems with the way its female characters were shown and acted and kind of brought the whole thing down for me. The manga parts - like where they were brainstorming and showing the mangas-within-mangas - were cool, but that undercurrent of misogyny left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

Promised Neverland 37

I really like this series, y'all.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeahhh. Mama's flashback was really sad, but like, you get that it's a fitting punishment for the fact that she was rather selfish and gave up hope. A good lesson that doesn't whitewash the nasty cruel things she did but lets you see things from her perspective too.

This chapter was just fantastic, it feels like One Piece, how all of what transpired was simply a prologue to what's to come! I can't wait to see what they encounter next!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

There's a time skip and they've finally become chuunin.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The translator must really have loved this manga!

Also the pain of the typesetter too. :gonk:

Takagi-san ch 53 and Ch 54

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I kind of tuned out when they had the arc about the people with the pun-based powers, since it seems like I'd need to understand Japanese to really appreciate that part. I liked the art in Medaka box, for what it's worth!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Fabricated posted:

In the latest chapter of The Promised Neverland, try to count how many times the artist forgets that Emma cut her left ear off.

Oh my god, no really? I had forgotten about that too so I did not notice!

Still, it's an interesting turn this chapter. We'll just have to see how the plucky gang gets out of this predicament!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

TriffTshngo posted:

Didn't notice the first time I read but when I was looking for it I spotted 2. Wonder how much they regret writing that in and how long it lasts before the kids meet Minerva and he shows them his demon medicine cabinet and they regrow their ears.

They could probably take care of that pretty easily just by having some time pass and the characters growing out their hair to cover it. Problem solved!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Shiori Experience

:rock:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Blood Lad

Hahaha! Don't Stop Me Now is not what I expected, but it is :krad: :rock: and completely perfect atmosphere-wise for this manga. Not bad!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Guys guys, have any of you been reading Sheriff Evans's Lies.

It's a daily life manga, the story of a smalltown sheriff on the frontiers of the Wild West, and his developing love bitter rivalry with Annie Oakley, and the Mr. Bean-like escalating debacles he gets into whenever he lies.

It's goddamn hilarious and makes me laugh uproariously each chapter due to all the stupidity and misunderstandings.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

By the way, if you haven't read Angel Densetsu by the same author, you should. It's a different genre (mostly comedy), but it's way, way better than Claymore in my opinion.

Angel Densetsu is really goddamn hilarious. The author's art definitely starts off pretty rough, but it's made me blurt out laughing so many times, even after multiple rereadings.

EDIT: Has anyone followed the Soul Eater guy's new thing about the firefighters? Does it get any better? I read like the first chapter but everything about it seemed basically like Soul Eater redux except completely uninteresting.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 23, 2017

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

speaking of anime adaptions, the chimera ant arc of hunter x hunter kinda turns into a slideshow presentation once they infiltrate the palace. been a while since I read the manga so I assume it's just being faithful to the source material, but it kinda feels like they ran out of money with all this narration over still images

still good tho. episode 116 is some top tier poo poo

That actually happened in the comics, though? Like there was this extended sequence, perhaps a chapter or two long or so, where the palace infiltration scene was just narrated over without any dialogue from the characters, and it actually comes across amazingly well in the manga.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

:siren: :siren:
Satoshi Mizukami is finally doing a mecha manga, the mecha manga we always dreamed he should.
:vince:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3511289

Also appears to be a Young King OURS joint so I think it's technically seinen, again.

Yeah, I mean, I suppose~, but like I've always felt that his work was, like, right on the border between shounen and seinen. It sure has the hot blood and themes of friendship and saving the world and so on down pat.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Irritated Goat posted:

Planet With is getting an anime as well. I believe this would make Mizukami's 1st anime so I've got hopes it goes well so we maybe get other stuff?

They should get The Pillows to do the soundtrack.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mikl posted:

Second chapter of Planet With (that new Satoshi Mizukami thing).

This is everything I never knew I wanted :allears:

You know it's a good manga when you want to find out about every character and each chapter leaves you asking "But wait what about X? What's the deal with Y??"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I'm just going to assume that Mashima is doing the thing that Hayao Miyazaki does and have the same "typecast actors" starring in all his works.

EDIT: Look!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Looking forward to 200 chapters of the next rescue arc (this time with guns instead of swords).