Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Man I can just see it happening too and editorial getting got for it regardless of how justified it is.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

Shojo null is infinitely hilarious with its acahm (all cops are horrible monsters) approach to things.

I am absolutely here for "Nihilistic Double-Monster-Cops getting their deserved reward from Robo-Lucy-From-Elfin-Lied."

It was shaky for its first volume but with the focus on the Monster-Cops and has righted the ship quite nicely.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Mar 2, 2024

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah, it works a lot better as dark comedy than as Serious Science Fiction.

With the occasional moment of "Yes, the world is monstrous but we are better than submitting to that and becoming monsters ourselves." based pathos.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 3, 2024

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Shojo Null continues to have zero chill and I am on board.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

RatHat posted:

What was the worst manga that ever got published in Jump?

It's called "U-19 Hell" for a reason.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I do not have a lot of memory reserved to unthrills but I vaguely remember there was a fair bit of hand-wringing about the matter.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 29, 2024

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'll say this much, if Shojo Null pulls off what I think it's trying to then it'll certainly be quite the thing.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

I missed U19 what was the big deal with it that made it so infamous?

It was shite.

More specifically it was a stand battle clone where the setting was "what if the alt(?) right were nazis and were trying to breed kids into making Japan great again."

Also- and appologies if I am misremembering- its first arc villain, an abusive gym teacher, was defeated by framed for a sexual assult on a male student.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I don't remember if it was much better but the guy's previous work about super-powered banchos was, failing good, fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Joe Desperado posted:

Seven Deadly Sins was a bad series with a handful of extremely great moments sprinkled throughout. I still go back to that first Escanor fight sometimes.

Admitively I think the whole thing kinda peaked with that whole business with Meleodis and Ban unwittingly destroying a suppositively inpenatble force field via the power of friendship (as protrayed by them acting like a couple of super saiyan Fraternity-Bros).