Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Goku Klux Klan posted:

not exactly like he showed up out of nowhere either, he was hinted at being in charge behind the scenes for quite a few chapters, but yea it still is pretty cliche, could've had a better way of introducing him rather than 'aha that was my plan all along btw i'm the boss'

R+V

I can't loving believe that reveal. It's so bad. It's like they invalidated everything that's been done this arc, well, except killing a sister and a mother. Whoop. The world was already about to be hosed, and Moka has already been kidnapped and put at risk. What's next can only be completely and utterly absurd, and mustache twirlingly evil. Maybe it's Moka's Dad, there to throw Moka into alucard and free her mother? Who the gently caress knows. At this stage I'm ready for almost anything.

And the whole Gyokuro thing is so dumb. Kahlua going "Forgive mom, she was just really jealous" is so loving stupid. You murdered tons of people, hurt everyone else you loved and traumatized your little sister for life just so you could stick with your completely batshit mother, who was only batshit because she was jealous? Really? Urgh.

Honestly, I just want to go back to the slice of life stuff at this point. The first few battle chapters were cool, Tsukune growing, also cool, but at this stage they're running out of characters to drag into this mess. The stakes have just gotten too high, too fast. It feels like they're writing themselves into a corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
http://www.mangareader.net/iron-knight/2

Well, that was disappointing. I wasn't going to jump down its throat for being worse than the one shot after only the first chapter, but the direction its heading doesn't seem to resemble it at all.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
What annoys me the most is the fact that he has loving memory loss now. Great. That's new and compelling, I'm sure we won't go through pages and pages of angst about him wondering if maybe he hurt his girlfriend. They took everything that was compelling about the oneshot and replaced with with the standard shounen stereotypes. I'll keep reading it for another few chapters purely on the strength of the oneshot, but expectations have been thoroughly tempered.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

CVE posted:

New spin-off where Kuroko and the generaton of Miracles take on their own racist Americans. Remember all those glorious facts Eyeshield brought to us and wait to see them reimagined just with basketball this time :cheeky:

That teapot on the last page, :drat: