Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Also, why the hell would you waste time with Nanatsu no Taizai if you haven't read any of Urasawa's magnificent completed(!) mangas? Here is the Naoki Urasawa thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3432538

Because we enjoyed this author's previous work? Thats kind of a dumb question; Urasawa doesnt have to be related to someones reading at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

So a new Jump Manga pop'd up.

Hime Doll: a comedy about a Media High School (?) the main character being a hairdresser in the making who's coerced into helping the local Yankee Queen in her dream of becoming an Idol against her father (Who's some sort of Ex-Yakuza Gym Meathead) wishes. It looks interesting and might do something with the formula but I'm just dreading the moment it gets Medaka'd because it can only have battles as a secondary concern Because, goddamnit, if the police girl manga can get shitcanned (albeit with a reinstation) what is safe these days?.

Police girl manga got canned because it was poo poo and had a main character that just wanted to molest and rape his coworkers. :ssh:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Autonomous Monster posted:

New chapter of Seven Sins.

Meliodas is back, and now everyone's hosed forever. :black101:

I imagine it will turn out to be something like Meliodas is part demon clan, which is why he was sucked into the amulet. But clearly hes not a bad dude so he broke out.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Fuego Fish posted:

Plus it just so happens to be the greatest sports manga ever created, provided you like American football as played by superhumans ranging from 4 feet tall to 14 feet tall.

Eyeshield is the best :allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Why do people keep saying Jump didn't recognize Attack on Titan's potential or whatever? They said it was a good series when Isayama brought it to them, but they turned it down because it didn't fit with Jump's themes. Which is completely correct. Jump's motto is Friendship, Effort, Victory; you can argue that Death Note didn't fit that motto and was still a big hit anyway, but it was a massive gamble even with an established artist assisting a writer who had at least done one work before, whereas Attack on Titan is Isayama's first work period.

Besides, the draft he submitted to Jump had some really bad art.

The series in general has some really bad art.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I just caught up on Stealth Symphony and totally-not-Crocodile's power is literally called the Mcguffin and that's just fantastic. It's perfect.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

Jump just puts up this image to me that anything that's remotely interesting and not a battle manga (Souma being the noted exception and OP beging the one battle manga I don't mind) is doomed to the two volume gently caress you treatment regardless where everything sits at the end of the day. Just to point one example that's not HxH (for once) Bleach has been farting in the lower half of the rankings for years now and the cartoon's done so the gently caress is it being allowed to spend years writing up it's finalé? More to the point why wasn't it's cheap rip off of the Chapter Black story arc not it's finale?

Souma probably survives because it IS a battle manga (which are popular), its just not based around fighting. Shokugeki are the battles, there are even little training arcs.

Im not saying thats wrong, its actually smart. It can hit all the tropes of battle manga like One Piece/etc but then doesnt compete directly at all.

KoB
May 1, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

I did a Wikipedia search and checked the series' description on Mangafox to see what the fuss was.

Nothing controversial or skeevy disclosed on Wikipedia. It's even an award winner. How bad could it be?

Hmm yup, I think that's enough red flags for me not to want to read the series.

Theres a panel that is literally entirely some girls boobs with the speech bubble pointing to the boobs.

KoB
May 1, 2009

madmac posted:

They've still got at least one Sin left to introduce and the whole Demon Invasion Prophecy thing. Probably just the first big arc winding down.

They also only just introduced Arthur, which is bound to be important. It is kind of weird that they're already wrapping up the plot that started the story in the first place though.

KoB
May 1, 2009

CVE posted:

New spin-off where Kuroko and the generaton of Miracles take on their own racist Americans. Remember all those glorious facts Eyeshield brought to us and wait to see them reimagined just with basketball this time :cheeky:

I liked the part where a bunch of black dudes were being assholes and the white dude team leader had to come in and fix everything.

At least it was revealed that hes an rear end too.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Fabricated posted:

If Mashima picked up anything from his tutelage under Oda, it's how to make a lot of interesting looking and varied characters. Fairy Tail is generally low-rent One Piece (well, low-rent compared to Enies Lobby era; now it's about on par I'd say) but the dude draws pretty badass dragons and makes interesting LOOKING characters when it's not all fanservice and new mysterious asspull attacks.

Mashima wasnt Oda's assistant. I think they both worked under the Watskuki on Kenshin at the same time though.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I had opened up Spirit Circle when it was first recommended in this thread and it looked like some generic shonen fightmans comic so I put it off to read later.

Went back to it yesterday and now Im all caught up and :negative:

KoB
May 1, 2009
I thought it was well paced when you go straight through it, but waiting between each might have been tough when all the other stories have only been a couple chapters each.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I'm still waiting for the "It's you John, you're the demons" twist at the end where he turns out to be the demon king or some dumb poo poo like that.

The demon king was a verion of himself that went back in time and tried to fix everything and hosed it up, and then repeated the past mistakes in order to charge the crystal thing to allow the Hero to jump back in time to create another timeline.

KoB
May 1, 2009
He is the Sin of Wrath after all. He probably powers up when mad and needs to learn to control/aim that.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I enjoyed the Ueki anime and started following the author, definitely struck me as a one hit wonder and never really finished any of them.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Jose posted:

since i just thought about it today, has the gamaran author done anything since? it was pretty generic but had maybe the best pacing of any shounen i've read

Looks like Gamaran is the only work hes done.

The ending started to really draw out fights for too long but for most of it I loved how quick and brutal most of the fights were.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I was never that enamored with HxH but I kinda feel bad for the people that like it since it'll never ever be finished in the same way Berserk won't.

Even if it hasnt ended it had a pretty good "ending" with where the anime leaves off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

I was, yes. My mistake.

The art style is very similar.