Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Gamble Fish is art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Haha, the worst one was the most popular in English.

It's us, we're the bad ones.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Che Delilas posted:

The version of Biscuit Hammer I've been trying to read is really, REALLY bad this way. There's a useless personal TL comment on every third page and I had to take a break from the whole series it was ticking me off so bad.

If I recall, that stops around halfway through the series as a different scanlator group picks it up.

But yes, stupid translator comments are the worse. Anyone who's read The Company's translations of Tower of God can agree that crazy needs to shut the hell up.

e: Or maybe it's the other way around and it only starts when the different scanlator group picks it up? I dunno.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

moe

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Nah she's got some :downs:-eyes going on there

Look at the left eye, then the right eye and you'll see it

look closer at his post and you'll see the joke

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Law Cheetah posted:

Monster X Monster's first serialized chapter is out. You might remember the Oneshot that came out a while back. Check it out, it's not what you'd expect.

lol this owns

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

its a bad manga

i have solved the puzzle

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Jose posted:

lol calm the gently caress down.

tbf its a dumb manga

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Jose posted:

It is but people in this forum love Negima and I have no idea how anyone can read that its much worse

that is also a dumb manga

post manga and i will tell you if they're dumb

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

its good

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

megatokyo

art

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

only read a couple of chapters. seems fine, ive heard its good

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the comments on kissmanga are usually funny for how stupid they are, but yeah if there's a chance to be creepy they'll take it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

five new chapters of the cool ballroom dancing manga :eyepop:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Ballroom-e-Youkoso/Vol-002-Ch-004--The-Prince-Mikasa-Cup?id=221370

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i still hear about death note about as much as any other series as old as it, i'd say. like yeah, it's not as popular as DBZ is nowadays, but DBZ is an institution, not just popular.

anyway, it's a good enough show, personally i recommend the anime but i don't think it matters much

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Looks like there's a new Jump series about... ballroom dancing? Or maybe battle dancing?? Just one chapter so far but I'm intrigued.

i'm pretty sure this is the one by the author of masturbation master kurosawa. a bit of a change of pace, to say the least

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it start pretty decent, gets bad then gets abruptly canned, as i recall

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it runs in Shonen Magazine R, which i am making a leap of faith to assume is shonen

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

platinum end is pretty bad

really bad translations too

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh i was talking about the random scanlations i read, if Viz is doing an actual release those are probably fine

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's been ages but the latter iirc.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah I think so

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

coathat posted:

World Trigger is mind numbingly boring.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they wanna gently caress her op

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

wow, using my life story without getting the rights? They'll be hearing from my lawyer

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm a top idol

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I like all of those things, including Dressrosa. I like One Piece just fine. It's fine.

But I also think there's been a run of kind of lukewarm arcs ever since the timeskip. Something like Enies Lobby was a lifetime ago.

even if the new arc is good (I stopped reading at the end of dressrosa because reading as they came out wasn't working for me), Fishman island, punk hazard and dressrosa is definitely a string of bad to decent arcs, especially compared to how consistent the series has been before

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

mycot posted:

Wait what was wrong with Stealth Symphony. I saw its cover randomly and thought it might have looked cool.

Got cancelled pretty quickly

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I read Fishman island all at once, I started reading one piece when it was starting dressrosa, and fishman island sucked rear end

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

toradora is good but the manga isn't the original so if you're looking for something to read i dunno about the manga

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

^^^ Prison School owns, but unfortunately I'm already following it.

Is the anime version good? Or should I read the LN translation?

Yeah, it's even worse than, say, Naruto in this regard (despite the author being a woman).

anime is good, definitely better then any LN fan translation

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Allarion posted:

Every time I'm reminded about Iris Zero only serves to remind me how few scans of it we get per year.

that's cause the author was sick iirc and it went on hiatus for a long time.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the real issue with horimaya is that if I ever wanted to read it again I'd need to start from the beginning since hosed if I can remember who any of the side characters are or what their damage is

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Groundless

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Never hopefully

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Who doesn't use batoto in 2017

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I thought the battle manga portion of neuro was boring