Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Here's a pretty good shonen manga about bicycling! It kind of reminds me of Eyeshield 21, in that it has a sort of wimpy hero get sucked into a sport and then get really really good at it.

Yowamushi

This is pretty good, but holy poo poo I can see it dragging ooon. In 34 chapters, we've introduced the basic setup and had a single race where everyone discovers the protagonist's true potential. A third of those chapters were spent on the race itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

In case anybody remembers it, there's a new chapter of Ratman, after like forever! http://www.mangareader.net/ratman/47

I admit, I had to read a couple chapters back.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I just stumbled onto Takeo-chan Bukkairoku which is an incredibly charming and sweet slice of life story about an extremely unlucky (I would say cartoonishly unlucky. she attracts falling pots, etc.) girl who ends up living with a bunch of yokai. They try to scare her and, when that doesn't work, transition to trying to make her happy, and they aren't very good at either of those things.

Only five chapters so far but what's already there is definitely worth reading and it shows great promise. The art is cute, the writing is great, it's just all-around great. I felt really actually happy for Takeo when some things actually went her way for once.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Yeah, we've chatted about this a couple times over in the surreal daily life manga thread, and I think the general consensus is that its basically lovely, sweet, and pleasant to read. I've always been sort of a sucker for stories where there's a recurrent crowd who cheers the main character on, and this definitely has that. If you haven't read the author's other work, Love Roma, you should. It's a love comedy but it's got a very unique style to it.

Oh! I did try searching for it but forums search found no mentions of it.

E: And I see why; the post there doesn't have a dash in takeo-chan!

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 23, 2015

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

constant tits and rear end.
Excuse me this is the good part