Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

Elite posted:

I'm kind of a sucker for "Creator gets trapped in their own work" stories, but this one just didn't do anything for me. Instead of subverting cliches it seemed to be embracing them and then complaining afterwards. And it didn't help that every character seemed like a total moron.

I read until partway through chapter 5 then abandoned it. Maybe it found it's feet after that point, but I really got nothing out of those first 4 chapters. I wasn't compelled by the drama, wasn't intrigued by the mystery, and wasn't entertained by the comedy.

Yes characters call out lovely plot developments/fanservice... but they didn't seem to have anything insightful to say about it, and calling a lovely plot development lovely just didn't improve things for me.

The characters are lovely because the "creator" himself is untalented. That's kinda the whole point. But here's the thing about self-aware plots like these: They don't try to present this in an interesting way. At least try to subvert/defy/play with the tropes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

New LasBossXHero

I love this manga :allears:

And indeed it seems than anyone else is manipulating Sagara and the setting

Your image seems to be broken. I'm getting a redbox.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Maybe it's just my IP. I switched on a different computer and still can't see it.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

HunterXHunter suffers from a different problem: the author is really lazy. Lazy, as in, "I'm in ten chapters, time for an year-long break" lazy.